Mercs and advanced solo...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GrouchyMouse, Nov 16, 2012.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I've been running the new sig line with my Coercer...and was having fun right up until Wurmbone.

Then it all fell apart.

My biggest complaint is the jousting that is needed. The Seer...you must get behind the idols, but when you do the merc won't follow directly and is nuked. I finally had to ask a guildee to come in with his Mystic just to finish the zone. The same thing with the Necro in the same zone.

Then there's first named in Chelsith who'll hit with 16-17k and unless you joust, you're hit. I had my merc on follow, but as I backed up he would stop to heal and take damage because he was too close. I'm going to have to bring in my guildee again for this zone.

Going back to Wurmbone, both the Mystic and my Coercer are raid geared (these are our raid mains) yet a L96^ was just pounding us flat. We're both L92, both with 320aa, and just could not figure out why these names (not just Seer) were hitting so hard. I'd hate to take my lesser geared alts in here...they're in Withered Lands with some legendary gear that was passed down and some alt raid gear (not many pieces). They'd never survive these advanced solo instances.

I'm not talking being able to steamroll, but you'd think that a raid geared Coercer with an Inquisitor merc would be able to molo thru these...and a Coercer and Mystic who are raid geared and getting beat down? Something's a bit wonky. If it's a player problem, I can adapt and figure out a way.

Oh, something else: the disco spot for Chelsith that you need for the sig line. It needs to be a little larger, wider, something. I was all over the area, never had the ding. I thought it was inside Chelsith (as some quests will have the quest ding inside) and progressed a bit until I realized that no, nothing. I finally found it after much searching in a small spot in front of Chelsith...a spot that I had swam over and through for nearly 20 mins. I had to click the blue dot to get the waypoint wisp and that lead me right to where it was...just a hair to the right and where I'd been swimming around. That's awful thin.

Yeah, I'm grouchy...it's late, I'm tired...been a long frustrating evening with the sig line.