Cannot Reproduce Mercenary training reduction potion will go poof if used when no merc active

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ramblinrod, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ramblinrod Member

I accidentally used a mercenary training potion that was in the wrong bag with mount training potions, and was shocked to have it disappear with no change in my mount training, until I saw the message, "You must have an active mercenary to award bonus training time." I also saw "Your mercenary training time has been advanced by 10 days." The first was correct because I didn't, in fact, have my merc up, and it's just as well it didn't work because the merc under training had less than 2 days left to complete, because I was very lucky and my petition about the issue resulted in the GM replacing my merc training reducer potion.

The purpose of this post is to suggest to the Devs that the potion function as most other similar effects in game -- like attempting to use an XP potion when one is already active, or casting most hostile AoEs when no mobs would be affected -- the potion is not used if it wouldn't have any effect.

At the VERY LEAST the potion description should clearly say the mercenary being trained must be active or the potion will be wasted.