Mercenary Stat Sharing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by LDEffectsMe, Dec 17, 2020.

1. LDEffectsMe Active Member

"Corrected a bug that caused the mercenary stat sharing to go out of control. Increased the base mercenary stat sharing. Celestial mercenaries will share 80% of the owners stats, Fabled mercenaries will share 60%, Legendary 50%, and Treasured will gain 40%."

I get that Mercs are supposed to have tiers and range from best to worst, but this literally makes Celestial Mercs twice as good on stats as Treasured Mercs. I think the difference should be a LOT smaller when we're dealing with stats in the millions at 120. Like make the stat sharing something like:

Treasured 65%
    Legendary 70%
    Fabled 75%
    Celestial 80%

A LOT of time investment goes into training Mercs and the readily available Mercs that you can get at lower levels are left at a huge disadvantage under the current breakdown.
    Chath likes this.
  2. Mysten New Member

I say we wait for the new numbers to see how they work now. It's unfortunate that Treasured is so low, and I'd love to keep the customizable mercenaries too, but it's at least higher than it was last time.

I agree on that second part too .. So much time investment goes into mercenaries, so it should be worth it. Along with the mercenaries are lower levels, regardless of rarity, just being straight up Paper right now. I wonder what went wrong?
    WhysperWynde and LDEffectsMe like this.
  3. LDEffectsMe Active Member

Well, regardless of how the numbers stack, there's still a 40% bonus to Celestial over Treasured. Personally, I think the best solution overall would be to allow us to upgrade by Mercenary quality after all of the standard training is done. At level 20 you should be able to "train" a Treasured Mercenary for 30 days to make them into a Legendary Mercenary.... 60 days to make a Legendary Mercenary into a Fabled Mercenary, and (optionally) 90 days to make a Legendary Mercenary into a Celestial Mercenary. With as long as Mercs have been a thing, I'm honestly surprised there's not a method for upgrading their quality. Wouldn't it make sense that over time, Mercenaries would get better at doing their job? lol
    Chath and Breanna like this.
  4. Mysten New Member

As much as I love that idea of being able to upgrade them, I strongly disagree with that much of a time gate to it.
  5. Ryuken Active Member

What Storebought Mercs are Celestial and Fabled?
  6. Mysten New Member

I know there is that infamous Singer Mecenary that is technically "Store Bought" but you can get them, very, very slowly. @Ryuken
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. Ryuken Active Member

Please elaborate Mysten!

Not from one of those Mercenary-crates but from somewhere else?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. LDEffectsMe Active Member

I don't know. Who was even talking about Storebought Mercs? This post was about Mercenaries in general.
    Well, I don't find that amount of time to being appealing either, but I'm also not fond of the amount of time it currently takes to level a Mercenary to 20, and I think those times I pitched would follow suite for upgrading quality. Of course, it could always be reduced and I'd be happy with that too.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  9. Eberron101 Member

"As if thousands of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened"...Jennis Proudhilt explaining to me why he died in an easy encounter while contemplating an etching of his wife and kids back home.
    Breanna and LDEffectsMe like this.
  10. Ryuken Active Member

Anyone know what Storebought Mercs are Celestial and Fabled?
  11. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Micrus Deatbend ? - Dirge . He is the very rare top merc.
    Than you have the shissar healer merc, can't remember the name, from Overseer quests.
  12. Ryuken Active Member

Thanks CP84!
  13. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yes I'd like to hear more about this Singing Mercenary and how to get her .. I assume she's a girl singer?
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Priority Well-Known Member

It's a fighter merc, it's dps is completely terrible, it has garbage stats even with 300k Pot and 16K CB. It's only obtainable from the daily overseer quest that rewards cobalt crates that then give you a random number from 2-20 jade medallions and requires 7000 of those tokens to purchase.

So yes, it's "obtainable" in game, but with a subscription and massive timegate
    chattie likes this.
  15. Ameuco Member

Kind of silly to have a system to level up mercs when their potential is determined by an arbitrary rarity statistic.
    I can get a fabled merc on the broker for about one plat, yet Raffik is only treasured despite having a long quest chain and sentimental value.
    Tkia likes this.
  16. chattie Well-Known Member

lol, I cant help but laugh because if i dont i will be crying. Last expansion the powers that be decided to screw the player base by wrecking the tradesill side of the game. This time they screw us and our mers. WTH! keep you fingers out the works pls. Im surviving with half health because someone decided to take the healing mercs and F---- them up. I watched my merc heal me 8 times and all i got was half my heal..really? It looks more and more like the are determined to destroy the game who know maybe they all have jobs waiting for them somewhere else? But the changes in last expansion and this are not enticing anyone to hang around.
    Tkia likes this.
  17. Falbal New Member

The problem is that they have to nerf what they have in the game into the ground before they can get you to pay for anything new they make. It is typical game design. You get some new great content that make you very powerful, and you say "yeah, of course I want to pay for that". Then, after some time, they make it useless, but hey, now we have this great new content that will make you super powerful, so you say "oh, I will buy that." So you keep buying new stuff only to make up for what they have ruined since you bought the last thing. You are not paying to get better, you are paying to stay even.

My strategy on this is very clear. Never pay a cent for anything in an online game. I never have, and I never will.
  18. chattie Well-Known Member

I don0t mind supporting this game with money i realize they have to make a profit in order to keep a job and keep the game going for us. But I want to enjoy while Im here. All my toons are 120 and can kill whats out there in the world but i'm one of a few who have leveled all their all there are many many out there with low level toons who do nothing more than craft and this expansion and last have not been kind to them. My complaint about the mercs is just like my complaint about the pack pony you give me something and i really enjoy it and then you take it away.. You mess with my FUN and I do NOT like that. if people don't want a merc then they dont have to use one but don0t punish me. I use my healer merc to do just that heal, but alas while it is trying its a fail. I haven't been on a toon that uses the tank merc but from what I'm reading its a painful experience. Things would run much more smoothly around here if the people in charge would stick to business and quit screwing with things that work. It is beyond belief that this is the way things are going, I did read that EQ1 has more subscribers than EQ2. One wonders if they screw with their fan base like they do those who support EQ2
    Carynn likes this.
  19. Falbal New Member

I don't mind supporting businesses either, but this is different. Normally, when I buy something from a store, it is not taken away from me after a while. I get to keep it. In online games you only keep stuff until they decide to make it useless, and then they offer something new you can pay for to replace it, over and over again. That is what I don't like about it. They are all money sinks.
  20. KingDragon Active Member

Was looking around for information on "Merc Nerf" and this is a thread I found linked in another thread, but still doesn't answer my question. Hoping this isn't a necropost...

[IMG]
    So current expansion, Celestial Merc, any zone where Font of Power or Grace of Norrath buff (solo dungeons) my stats Jump up, but my Merc stats drop. Why? It was stated that Merc stats are based on player character stats and if mine go UP, so should the Merc's. The only meaningful stat I see going up is potency. Even HP drops. by more than a third/Power by a quarter.

I've asked on discord about this, with no responses, so trying here instead. I'd love to see some real info on what this "nerf" was or how it affects the Mercs in totality - I want to understand what's going on how to focus my in game efforts with what we are provided. There's too much not explained here.

The stat differences aren't even consistent inside solo zones.... Why does avoidance and haste change in Foray but not Den? I'm sure if I check the stats in other solo dungeon zones I may get more differing figures.