Mercenary Battalion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lemilla, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Lemilla Active Member

Although there are various posts describing how the mercenary battalion buff works, most notably the post by Dreamweaver, so far there has been a lack of actual numbers.

The following is based on data gathered from in-game tool-tips (battalion from summoned mercenaries or tool-tips when examining mercenary tokens and from screenshots posted by other players in discord of their mercenary battalion buff. The contribution given table (figure 2) is the data as presented in the post of Dreamweaver, just in a different layout.

The data is not complete, partly because not every mercenary type is available at every rarity. Missing data points have been determined using interpolation and extrapolation with the other data points. There may be rounding differences.

Figure 1: Mercenary battalion buff as given by a Blood of Luclin mercenary of level 20 with 100 contribution, by type and rarity
    [IMG]

Figure 2: Contribution given by rarity and level
    [IMG]

Figure 3: Percentage of buff given by level and contribution
    [IMG]

For example:
    Rosa Dod is a fabled support mercenary. When it is level 17 it will give a contribution of 6.
    If there are no other mercenaries adding contribution, this means the total contribution is also 6.
    This mercenary will then give 71.8% of the maximum buff, which is 19.9 fervor, 159 crit bonus, 248k ability mod and 2.0 ability doublecast.
    barcevik, Friggles, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Nice work. Thanks for posting this.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Thrundaloo Member

This stats are great, thanks for posting. I wish i'd had them before the weekend. I spent a lot of time doing solo runs to get the merc temp boosts. However the benefit of going from 20 contribution to 40 contribution is going to be barely noticeable. So a complete waste of time and DBC. I was hoping for at least a 10% boost. The effort to level merc's up for extra contribution compared to what is gained is silly.