Mercenary Battalion buff question

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

so, you have one merc unlocked and fully leveled up....buff is good. two of the same type of mercs unlocked and buff stacks. better....how many times does it stack?
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I'd imagine as many times as you have mercs that are at least level 5, since that seems to be the magic number for them to contribute. It is called a "Batallion" buff....that name implies "many" :D

I see this as a money grab effort for DBG...the more people who are interested in having a "batallion" of merc's giving them this buff, means more dollars in their pockets selling mercs.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

We could use a bit more clarity on this. Evania doesn't seem to give a buff and she's prettier than Tarsil :p But most important, she's nearly fully trained, even with my spotty record of play.

Someone else was saying the elite mercs didn't give a buff until after they mentioned it in forums (perrin, kenny, matri). Maybe the elites are supposed to? But the ones you earn by questing or buying the expac arent' supposed to? It's confusing.

Which mercs are supposed to get the buff? How many times does it stack? Any clarity on what it does?

What about the werewolf ones? I'd love to have an excuse to use them again.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

BTW Niami, I truly appreciate all you do for us. /hugs Niami
  6. Snorkasauruss New Member

make sure your merc is unlocked and can be hired anywhere ....right click your merc and click check contribution, which will tell you how much your merc is contributing to your merc battalion buff... one of my alts merc is level 16 troubador and only contributes 2 percent as a support merc other classes of merc will have diff values.if your using the default UI in the lower right hand corner of your screen you will see a merc battalion buff icon mouse over that and it will tell you what the stats are for that merc at its current level
  7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

OK once I called up another merc which did have the medallion, THEN Evania started contributing. It seems to only start working if you re-hire your mercs. Note that it worked even on a character I'm leveling from 100 to 120, I think she was 106 when I rehired the mercs to get them to contribute. I tend to unlock them a lot even on alts, so the unlock aspect isn't a prob for me, but if I were too pressed for cash to do that, it might be annoying. How about if the one you're using contributes even if locked? It would still be nicer to have unlocked ones to increase it, but wouldn't leave anyone out.
  8. Stibbie Member

I've got a spreadsheet going of the different stats mercenarys buff, not sure of a good place I can put it but for now there are images of it in discord in the AB channel. Item of note, the same class can provide different buffs. Example Tarsil the Inquisitor buffs fervor and crit bonus,while Vylkorin, the Vile the Inquisitor buffs fervor and ability mod.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  9. Korochun Member

Is there any list of mercs that give Shattered Lands (Melee) buff? What mercs exactly should i hire to receive this type of buff?
    And what gives stronger buff -several mercs at lvl 5 or 1 at lvl 15-20? I have Tarsil the Pure at lvl 3 (in a day or two i ll buff her to 5) i and i need to decide-continue to level her only or level several other melee mercs after she gets lvl 5
  10. Stibbie Member

Melee buff can be Fervor and Crit Bonus or Fervor and Ability Mod, which do you want? If you are lookin at Tarsil as the main, then its Fervor and Crit Bonus. Other mercs giving the same are Claz'zakla a ranger, Gardening Goblin a brigand, Horthis a shadowknight, Kaligor Darkshot, Matri DutSkando Eyespot, I'm sure there are more but these are the only ones I know for sure with the same buffed stats.
  11. Stibbie Member

12. Stibbie Member

13. Stibbie Member

OMG it worked, Now anyone wanna help me out with missing info
    Pixistik, Lateana and Breanna like this.
  14. Korochun Member

Melee buff can be Fervor and Crit Bonus - thats what i want. I can get 3 from the ones you mentioned. Thanks
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

Perrin gives fervor and ability mod he is a fury
    Archon construct gives fervor and ability mod he is an inquisitor
    Kenny gives fervor and ability mod he is a mystic

I havent finished getting the rest past level 5 yet.
    Stibbie likes this.
  16. Lyricus Member

Vylkorin, the Vile gives different buffs on two of my toons. On my tank he offers fervor/Ability mod, and on my scout fervor/CB. Why is that?
  17. Tangris Well-Known Member

Gretta Powersnap is a Fury
  18. Korochun Member

Leveled Tarsil to 10 lvl, she is unlocked but gives no mercenary buff at all, nor CB nor fervor. resummoning her after another merc and relogging in the game didnt help. So, how do i get her to buff me? maybe i need another merc with similar buff at lvl 5+ and unlocked?
    RomanSergeevich likes this.
  19. Stibbie Member

Try summoning Tarsil, dismissing then zone and resummon.
    Korochun likes this.
  20. RomanSergeevich New Member

+1 Tarsil to 6lvl ....no baff((