Merc Question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Koral, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Koral New Member

Are mercs able to carry you all the way to 125? I know at lower levels they just tear through things, but what about the higher levels? Do they allow even the non-solo classes to be able to do all the solo content without too much trouble?
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

I've found the merc's are useful at all levels. I usually use a healer merc, even with my healer chars' - this allows me to concentrate on the mob not keeping them and myself healed. Most of my characters are level 120 or higher. The closest I can come to a non-solo class is my Channeler - and he was able to solo very well.
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are NO "non-solo" classes. Every class can solo all the way to end game.

Once you get to around level 95-100, the mercenaries won't tear through anything. At that point, really the only useful mercs (IMHO, YMMV) are healers. Even my healers will pull a healer merc along into solo dungeon instances just to help field some of the heals/cures, which allows the priest character to focus more on doing whatever DPS they can manage.
    Komatus and Xillean like this.
  4. Koral New Member

Thanks for the responses, they answer my questions. I realize all classes can solo, I was just referring to the ones who don't do it quite as fast/efficient as some of the others.
    Fannoncodder, Hartsmith and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Fannoncodder Member

Saying that all classes can solo has to come with the disclaimer that just because a Vespa and a Maserati both use the same pavement and traffic lights doesn't mean they're doing the same thing.

I always truck an inquisitor merc because verdict shaves 10ish% off the damage required to kill the bad guy. Better than any debuff, in my book.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.