Merc fee increase?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Niami DenMother, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

On live, merc fees go to 0 when you hit 101. I "get" that mercs still want to be paid. However, now that I am 101 on Test, it is a 3x fee increase between level 100 (50g for Claz'zakla) and level 101 (1p 50g). Is it really intentional to scale that much?
  2. Thatfox New Member

Are the Mercs performing for their money on Test? On live they seem to have gone on strike. They're there but they don't really do anything. Not once you ding 101, anyway. Well, I guess they try but they are so weak they might as well not bother.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yes, they're doing ok at 101 ... I assume the rate increase came along with the fix for level 101+ mercs. Just seems odd to have a 3X fee increase in a single level.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

That's collective bargaining for you. :rolleyes:
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I guess Mum that they feel you are bigger and stronger at 101 and will be able to kill bigger and better things so they are tripling their fee to run around behind you and do something if they so choose. I think I would rather have a Sherpa following me about holding stuff for me.

Cyrrena
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whenever I see the term "pack horse," I always thought that's what it was: something that could hold extra stuff. Not necessarily available if it was "put away," but at least it could get stuff out of your inventory. :-/

Uwk
  7. Ghosthawk New Member

I have 4 Calyptor Atha mercs and fully geared they die in 3 hits in any PoP zone. I wasted a lot of SC on those useless mercs. And you can't order them to attack a mob they go 10 feet and just stand there and look. You have to engage the mob fist. What a joke.
    Meneltel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

The renegotiated their contract without informing you about it :p

I'm not happy about it for two reasons,

The dps of the mercs got nerfed between beta and going live - if it was where it should be I wouldn't mind the price increase.

As Shmogre and I were discussing in tells, the mercs are pretty meh until you have fully leveled them and the price increase should have been added only when they reached max level.

Other than that I don't really care, every mission I do rewards enough money that it really is a non-issue for a max level character.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How's the status "income" in the expac?

Uwk
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It's decent, nothing to complain about.
  11. Dyeana Active Member

Looked at Merc fees. From level 1 to 10 the cost is 80 copper, 11 to 20 it is 2 silver, 21 to 30 8 silver. The change seems to range 2.5 to 4 times at each merc price increase (11, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81, 91, 101). So I guess an increase at 101 of 1 plat 50 gold from 100 of 50 gold really does not seem out of line. In fact it could have been up to 2 plat.

I guess we got a bargain for all the Merc's on strike trying to learn and earn their new pieces of gear. Which will take another 2 to 3 months unless you have bazillions of cash reserves to buyout the gear timers.

Oh well,

Dye