Merc Adorns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Conifur, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

What is everyone putting on their mercs? What are the best to use?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't bother with adorns on my mercs, but one thing to keep in mind. Mercs do not get set bonuses.. so adorns (mostly the purples) that have most of their stats from set bonuses are useless on mercs.
    Your best bet is to go back to the AoM (or even ToV) purples for mercs.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

why put adorns on mercs ? as soon as u get strong enough u don't need them anymore
    Mermut likes this.
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

Not about need. I have never needed them. So, no need to train them or gear them either I guess.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

I run hate hain on Zhugrus, works pretty well it seems. On my wizard, that is.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What I haven't been able to find are purple runes for Accolades. I figure if I have adornments (or can craft 'em myself), why not beef up the merc even more?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm too cheap to use mats on mercs that are usually playing cards in the break room anyway ;)
    Earar likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Eh, once I have all the toons geared up, might as well gear up mercs too!
  9. Steelviper Active Member

Mercs can sometimes have their use when running older tough zones, like Zek, the Scourge Wastes heroic for example. In my case it's Kluuron from AoM with his wards, reaching 6.5k Potency after I put all purple / white adorns and infused all his gear, and he does help a bit out, as my epic 2.0 pet doesn't tank for me and I have to do instead. Without the merc it would be quite harder in that zone for sure.
    Truth to be told Zek heroic is the only zone where I can use a merc though, I don't need any merc in any ToT heroic zones, nor doing the tricky & tough ToV raid zones which I run for fun and exploring. Never used a merc in Public Quests either and didn't have troubles, so with the current stat inflation one can get so far ahead of mercs that they have no hopes of reaching up and end up being useless, and that merc gear feature would need to be seriously expanded to actually become really useful.