Memorial Guildhalls?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by OogallySolRoSK, Mar 15, 2020.

1. parissa Well-Known Member

Unless there was a second guild hall. it was originally on Guk server and now is on Halls of Fate... The guild hall was called the lillypad jungle... There might be a memorial on AB, but I thought he was talking about the guild hall itself... I might be wrong though...
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here is the original thread, I remember it (never played on US servers so didn't participate): https://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=515776
    This was a wonderful adventure as a community (and a very sad one at the same time).

But yes, you're bound to find lots of people to donate status to the door, status isn't a hard thing to get nowadays if you are playing current top-tier content.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And iirc, it was like a Make-a-Wish wish, which can be handled digitally in some cases, a good thing now. :)

Uwk
    OogallySolRoSK and Breanna like this.
  4. Rushd Active Member

i could'nt find it on HoF, but would be glad to donate some status for you if you can direct me where to go.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

You access it from Antonica docks. Visit - Qeynos Guild Hall - Tier 3 - Lillipad Jungle
    It's beautiful, it really is.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I have to see that :)
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Just went to see the Guild Hall and the Island Playground .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    words can not say what this made me feel like , I am a mother too and I can only imagine what it would be like to lose any of my children even now , that they are young adults .
    one suggestion put a house actor into the island playground that looks like Ribbitribbit so it's like he never left.
    To bad I did not here about this back in those days , or I too would have joined the guild and made this happen .
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was debating about it, but I think I heard about it too late as well, and by then, they were like full-up of way more talented folks than I am, decorating-wise. I checked it out when they were done, and o. M. G. Just amazing! :) I hear he did have the chance to see it all and explore it; I only wish we could make the things we make move, at least a little, like the roller coaster along the track for a little ways.

I'm glad we don't have to worry too much these days about the old-fashioned childhood diseases (which can still kill, even something as "silly" as measles :-/); what really dismays me is the modern world incidence of things like pediatric cancer. X-P

And yeah, amen; I don't think there's a parent anywhere who would feel right about having to bury a child. :(

Uwk
  9. Rushd Active Member

thanks Donated 50 Mill today
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're awesome, Rushd! :D

Uwk
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

I haven't logged into my old Guk server character since the day we finished with the hall and homes, so I didn't have much status left on her. But, I just donated everything that character had to the GH.

I also 100% support removing all status requirements for this Guild Hall (or that the hall be magically granted lots and lots of SP in escrow to support it for many more years).

Sending lots of love to you and Myranda. <3
  12. OogallySolRoSK Member

I apologize for my absence, but I wanted to thank everyone who donated status. I was deeply moved by the donations that will allow me to keep this guildhall open in the future. I do hope that someday they can move it to a 'no status always open' mode, but in the meantime, the love, support, and status donations are so impressive, and greatly appreciated. Myranda and I thank you all, as we were both not even remotely ready to lose this heartwarming tribute. And now we won't, and I can't find the words to tell you how appreciative I am for that.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As has been said:

"People like us, we've gotta stick together..." :)

Grats to all who contributed! :D

Uwk
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

I did a video of the Playground back in early 2017 when it was recommended to me by Fae - which can be found here:-
  15. Aelissa Well-Known Member

thank you , i didnt get to see it yet eigther
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We need a "Love" option here for buttons here, like in Facebook... :)

Uwk
  17. Stellacious Active Member

OogallySolRoSK, Let me first send my sympathy for your and your family's great loss!

On the server Skyfire, RibbitRibbitt's Playground, can be found by going to the EQ2 button, Housing Leaderboard, Hall of Fame. His playground on this server was built on a Tenebrous Island, a prestige home that never needs status or plat to keep open for visits. The last two times I visited the house was #132, and then #247 and may change from day to day as people visit and or vote, but even if there are 0 "likes" the playground will remain under Hall of Fame. Every time I visit my heart goes out to you, and it also makes me smile to think of him playing there.

Best wishes,
    Stellacious, Skyfire
  18. Stellacious Active Member

On an associated, but separate topic. Beginning in 2019 the annual Frostfell Neighborhood decorating contest has featured a memorial for those that may have been lost. 2019 featured Cloudrat, 2020 features Faeanora (Fae) and I hope no one else by the end of the year. This event is held across most servers. If anyone would like to have a one item contribution (a "personal note", writable book, a flower etc) added to the memorial please see the Frostfell Neighborhood 2020 forum post under Norrathian Homeshow to find your server's contact (Server Overseer) for this year.

Thanks,
    Stellacious 2020 Grand Overseer