Memorial Guildhalls?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by OogallySolRoSK, Mar 15, 2020.

1. OogallySolRoSK Member

I'm RibbitRibbitt's dad, and back in 2012 the Everquest community came together to create an amazing guildhall and island refuge and other magnificent homes for him. I don't play anymore, but I do log in to visit every year. But now I'm running out of status to open the guildhall.

Devs, please allow those of us with Memorial Guildhalls to 'lock' them into a status-free mode, where they're always open but can't be modified.
    Idklol, Aelissa, Afista and 11 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Or, let the Norrathian Homeshow know what's up and folks will donate status. We need to know server, which guildhall, and the guild name.
  3. OogallySolRoSK Member

I will, if the devs don't act on the request/idea. Everyone did so much for him initially, it just feels awkward to ask for more.
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

What happened to him?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. OogallySolRoSK Member

He passed away May 20th, 2012 from cancer, a month shy of his 7th birthday.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. OogallySolRoSK Member

7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

:( I am so sorry.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Did anyone do a video of each of the houses and the guild hall? If you provide me with a list of where I can find them, I can do a videos if you are interested.
  9. Seth Well-Known Member

Had a friend who passed away about 5 years ago, we made a section in our guild hall dedicated to those who had fallen.. was always the first thing you go to in the guild hall, memories is what keeps us strong !
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

11. parissa Well-Known Member

12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm more than happy to donate status and plat if the Guild Hall is on Halls of Fate.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I really think amazing places like that , just like cloudrats travel houses should be opened as memorials to the spirit of this our community , no matter what server .
    Please if there is any way to make this happen , I am amazed at such stories ,
    This is our new lore and we are making our own legends right now .
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yes. :)

And I think there's at least one Cloudrat home on each server, but I'm not sure...

At any rate, I have toons on every server but the TLE ones; all four US Live ones, Thurgadin, and Public Test. Let me know. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

maybe put together a list of all special places where New Norathians left their footsteps touching our hearts
    and leaving behind their souls to be remembered .
    Maybe have a tap on the Housing and Leaderboard for houses and guildhalls that are built by
    or for people that made a difference , or put Memorial at the beginning of the name for such sites.

I would love to hear other stories like this , and see those places .
    we are still the same people who want to connect and help , we could ad funds to the door
    But it would be nice if the people who maintain this game could make this places like a public zone.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Please don't feel awkward to ask. It needs to be kept open, and you'll find players are more than willing to help with that.
  17. kianne Well-Known Member

My guild hall is a memorial to my Mum, even the name of it, Llamedos was a fav saying of hers, I copied it to a prestige house for prosperity, because I couldn't publish my gh, I have since revamped it, there is video's on my channel of the redoing of it.. My mum saw her GH b4 she died and loved it
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's awesome that she got a chance to see it. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Argosunited like this.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I will get a thread started to be able to link to on the sticky thread which can request houses and guild halls after I get several posts as placeholders for people to go to top of thread to find nice neat list. There is a timer thing before can make another post so will take me a bit to get it together so will update first post asking for info after I finish creating enough "hold" posts.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, RibbitRibbit's memorial was on AB server. I only knew of it some time after his passing, but I do remember visiting it after seeing someone's post about it in the forums. I don't know that my toons on AB have any status left after depositing into our guildhall there, but if they do, I would most certainly be willing to contribute status to the hall. Just be sure to confirm the server the hall is on and let me know if you are going to open the hall to contributing status, Oogally. With all the millions of status obtained these days from specific guide quests, I don't think status is much of an issue for most people anymore, and I am sure you will get enough contributions to the door so that you never have to worry about status cost again.