Memorial Day bonuses, Sale, and a new Quest!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 21, 2020.

1. SynergyBlaize Member

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE....
    Tell me this new quest isn't just for Raiders only & there will be a version for groups AND advanced solo?

Seriously, I have lost the will to log in, despite being bored out my brain during lock down.
    There is nothing to do but rinse & repeat in Luclin. Even the Corral is the same.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Yenk Active Member

In EQ2 Discord two devs confirmed this quest does not require raids.
    But I have not heard anything about a version for groups and a version for solo.
    Cyrrena and SynergyBlaize like this.
  3. SynergyBlaize Member

Thanks Yenk...
    That does allow a glimmer of hope ♥
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Eloise New Member

For the world outside the USA, when is Memorial Day?
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

what immediately came to mind when I read Dream weavers post was , that i's an item you find from a body drop
    to me challenging means killing 50 mobs to find one item .
    First of all I play most of the time on Kaladim , I agree that we should be included in the sale , but the new quest is badly needed on live to fill up some of the void there , so I don't envy the live servers for getting a new quest .
    On Kaladim we have the hunter quest that nobody on live can do , and if people would not power level past all content , there are lots of quests to do that I know lots of people never did either on Kaladim nor on live when this contend was new.
    And don't get me started on soldiers sacrificing their lives to protect their countries .
    Who honors the civilians that got killed by the thousands or tens of thousands ?
    I thought they are a part of this too Memorial day , remember all casualties of wars no matter if they were fighting , or just being bombed to death in their homes .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Amiiss Member

Monday May 1st.
    Eloise likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

wat
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. woolfman3000 Member

it drops from heroic chest
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

Well there have been 3 progression servers. Many of us are tired of starting over and over. Its new to you...thats great. But been there, done that.
    Snikkety likes this.
  10. Windtooth New Member

I am wondering this myself 2. Do the Bonus week and Memorial Day Bonuses stack, overwrite or complement eachother?
  11. Milksteak New Member

That logic doesn't really make any sense. Pretty sure if you rewind the clock to when live servers were in the EoF expansion the memorial day event had bonuses that corresponded to that expansion or marketplace sales on items that actually were in the game. Or do you actually think someone is asking for an item that gives 10x the stats all of their gear has combined or an item that does 28 million damage?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. dorotea Well-Known Member

I love when people on Kaladim complain that they don't get stuff that's on Live. You'll get it when BoL unlocks. Isn't that the whole point of a TLE server in the first place?<

Friend, you are completely missing the point. I don't want ascension. I don't want mercenaries. I don't want trainable mounts. I don't want attribute and item bloat. I don't want familiars.

But there are things in the store we buy on Kaladim - just to give one example a storage depot. The announced sale was for something that is only used on live. Surely they could have mentioned a sale on familiars and then mentioned a sale on something we could use.

The special weekend bonuses - all useful ONLY on live. In the past when a bonus was useful only on live they often tossed us a bone - some bonus on our server that gave us something. I don't want the bonuses that are being given to live. I fled live to avoid those things. But they could have tossed us a bone to make us feel as if we too were part of the weekend event. They didn't.

>Well there have been 3 progression servers. Many of us are tired of starting over and over. Its new to you...thats great. But been there, done that. <

Understood and agreed. If I had done the previous ones I wouldn't be on Kaladim now. I am hoping that it lasts at least to Thalumbra (before ascension although after agnostics and mercenaries) but if it does not I will get what I can from it then go back to live or perhaps another special ruleset server in a year or two.
  13. AOE1 Well-Known Member

While I am sure that there was no insult intended, I totally agree that this changing the meaning of our days designated to remember various times in our history is insulting. As a person who has lost numerous family members in times of war throughout our Country's history, I think that Memorial Day needs to stay what it was created for. Honoring our fallen military. May they rest in peace knowing that we appreciate their sacrifice and cannot EVER show that enough. And to all the survivors and living Veterans, we also are
    eternally grateful for your service and any sacrifices you made be it physical, mental or financial
    . However, THIS holiday is for our fallen.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

No Memorial Day is Monday May 25th NOT May 1st
  15. Zinj Well-Known Member

"Memorial Day is a federal holiday in the United States for honoring and mourning the military personnel who had died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. The holiday is now observed on the last Monday of May, having been observed on May 30 from 1868 to 1970.", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day, 5/22/2020.

Zinj
    MSgt, USAF (Ret.)
    Xianthia, Cyrrena, Hartsmith and 2 others like this.
  16. Cookies New Member

Thanks for the bonuses and new questy-quest. Looks fun.

Re: yOu aRe ChEaPeNinG MemOrIaL DaY!!! - 1. The United States of America is actually not the center of the universe, much less the world. 2. Are you protesting Lowe's and Home Depot and the other stores for their sales? 3. It's totally possible to celebrate this holiday in the way in which you wish without crapping all over everyone else.

Welcome to the internet.
  17. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Well, 24 heroics so far and 4 shards for quest starters. Note - not sure if it is an issue yet or not - but once you have the quest, you do not see the shards from the chests after that.
    Xianthia and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Xxtacii Active Member

Am I seeing this wrong? Only item on sale is the familiars? What did you mean when you said, "Also, we’ve discounted a number of items in the store for the weekend."
    Xianthia, Cyrrena, parissa and 2 others like this.
  19. draidean Well-Known Member

The USA's Memorial Day has a specific and special meaning and purpose. One can do whatever they wish on that weekend/day, but if they aren't honoring that, then they are just doing something else. Which is totally fine, but they are not celebrating Memorial Day. I see no reason to disrespect the country, her people, or her holiday.

Thank you veterans and families. It's a hard job I know, I've done it. I see you and respect you on this day and you are who I will be honoring, remembering, and celebrating <3
  20. Billiemo Member

Hope this drop is not for just Heroic dungeons because some (including me) do not like to group. However this should not restrict what we can get ingame. This is my main disappointment with the game. I dont group and never will because of previous terrible experiences. Please remember people like me play also and we pay to play also so why cant you work to help us also?