Membership for new players?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kravama, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Kravama New Member

Hey all, Just downloaded the game last night. I currently just created my level 1 character. I have the funds to get the premium but just wanted to try the game out first to make sure that i like it before signing up. Is this viable? Also could one play the game completely free? Im aware there are some bonus for membership time but is there any power differences between free and paid players?

Thank you all
    Desetibrat, Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Desetibrat, Saw-Lau and Soara2 like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

Aside from the link for reasons to sub, it wasn't answered that Yes, you can play for free up to a certain expansion (Altar of Malice) unless you pay for the newest expac (Chaos Descending).

Another reason to sub is that you can join the Kaladim server, where a lot of people are currently starting from level 1 again, as opposed to the live servers where nearly everyone is at end game. There are guilds that welcome new people and help out on live servers, but for the full experience of what this game is like, I would recommend the new TLE.
    Desetibrat, Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and 2 others like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Also you do not get the expansion even if you sub. Many people don't know this. You have to get the expansion to get access to the new stuff.
    Desetibrat, Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  5. Desetibrat Active Member

Welcome to the game! If you are very interested in end game raiding, yes, you will need a subscription and latest expansion pack at some point.

If you just want to enjoy the game, progressing from level 1, crafting, questing, exploring, you can do it F2P for a looooong time. Create 3 logins, each log-in has 2 playable toons, that way you can have 6 crafts (tradeskiling), that is all you will need for your main, character. Then, when you want to share stuff between these 3 different accounts, on the same computer, run game twice, login twice and meet both toons at the same place. This is what I'm doing.

Which means, you want to have them all on the same 'side' good or evil, so you can freely move all toons in the same town. One more tip, I choose all 6 toons to be the same one as main one (in my case Mage->Necromancer the easiest one to solo looks like) since when crafting I can right away see which recipe apply my main character, since (in my case) recipes are highlighted for Necromancer and all crafters are there just to supply my main Necromancer. If you plan to play with more than one character, then of course, you probably want to choose different ones.

Maj'Dul server is relatively good populated and good choice for F2P. (well, relatively comparing to other F2P servers) If you decide to choose Maj'Dul, send me a /tell (vino is my ingame name) and I will give you a backpacks. There are TONES of stuff in the game and you will struggle with bag space from start. I can craft right now 28 slots bags, that should suit you well for a starter. Same offer is for any other potential F2P player on Maj'Dul.

Just a quick note, next few days I will be still playing but slowly less and less since I'm going on a 6 weeks travel where I will have very limited interned access, I may just log in only for a minute or two to do new skills research and probably only once or twice a week. So starting May 5 and somewhere second part of June I may not be online much, if any at all.

So, try to catch me for bags earlier ;-)
    Soara2 likes this.