Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

1. BenBierman New Member

Spindle, First off how have you been, long time no talk. This is Nodeeps, used to see each other ands in/after BG's quite a bit.

That being said, I take umbrage with your post. I believe my post said exactly the opposite of wanting these people out of work. I have played this game for 11 years and have 2 ACTIVE accounts. I have put plenty of money into this game to have my own opinion. I also flew out to San Diego and met several employees(some still there, some not) not once but twice. .

I obviously still "enjoy" the game as you say, but it still could use improvement and Daybreak is new and is not about criticism whether it be positive or negative.

The speed of which someone can level a character has nothing zero to do with anything.

The fact is DB dropped the ball on this one. Does that mean I am giving up? Umm, I've stayed with this game as 99% of my friends and various raiding guilds have left and departed. I am still here. So I am a very loyal EQ2 player, and when I have an opinion I am going to speak out. You won't see many posts on the forums from me because I only say something when I think it needs to be said.

Anyhow, hope I find you well Spindle.

Ben
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Sephy666 Member

What ruined this game for me, My wife and 2 children who would have become all access and expansion owners when they were older is the sheer greed from this company. Not only have they given us very little in exchange for our $15 fee (I am from the UK, but using dollars is easier than converting to pounds), they now want to charge us for stuff on the shop as well as $15 every god knows when for content when they feel like it, this sale is pretty bad, there is ltereally nothing on the shop I am willing to spend DC on. There is so much stuff on the shop that you should get as part of an expansion (Races/Classes) but Daybreak (Formerly SOE) continue to milk the community or what's left of it for every cent. It is a shame because it used to be a really good game when people were social, fun and friendly but like wow, I have found people have become elitest and only want the best of the best for their 6 man groups. end of rant
    Merriel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Drizzly New Member

yeah. i guess... member since Nov. 2004. i guess its time to look for another gaming venue... Daybreak.... hasta la vista baby... just tired of getting screwed buy over profiteering... i would pay double monthly subscription price to have an all inclusive game... i mean all inclusive... but this petty nickle and dime biz is just getting old. not the money... the ethos... or lack there of...
    I give it 30 days to get better.
    Expansion should have been part of the AoM purchase because it should have been included in the AoM content... because there was a distinct lack of content for several play-styles in the AoM. 20% off of character slots means you get $8 (50% of a monthly subsription) without any extra server load... plus you'd get players to invest in the game long-term... so for 1 extra dollar, (the difference between 10% and 20% for character slots)... you'd rather alienate your player base... these are the kinds of decisions that make players alienated... alienated players feel no loyalty to their game... this reduces the pool of players... this reduced the community. community is essential for a successful MMO... so if this is the kind of Management decisions that will continue to be made, the EQ franchise is dying... so why should we continue to invest our gaming time in a dying franchise?

Since this is a forum... Where shall we go? ESO ?
    Think i'll go play Witcher III or Dragon Age Inquisition for a while... while i distract myself...
    maybe i just am not feeling the love... please pardon my rant... but Daybreak... i think the investors are looking short-term profits... not long term investment... and i feel like its going to eat away the entire gaming community if it continues this way...
    it is an emotional visceral reaction. you hear your community complaining... what are you going to do about it?
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

This sale ended a week ago....I thought this discussion pretty much ended then as well. j/s
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

No discussion truly ends...especially one that allow members opportunity to express their displeasure for something.
    Merriel, Tylia and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

The 2 races & 2 classes & mercs and stuff like that? All that was put on there back when it was SOE. Because players complained about how they didn't want to pay for the AoD "feature expansion" as a whole bundle because it "wasn't a real expansion", it was put in pieces on the market. So that is something you can thank players for. They were always part of an expansion though the only problem I have with them on the market now is the fact they still haven't been rebundled after the removal of the dungeon maker.
    Freeblood was introduced years ago because people wanted vampires since Eq1, aerakyn are overpriced (imo)but completely unnecessary and introduced because people wanted to play them. Channeller, well that was originally rolled in with the TOV expansion, but since the expansion is no longer available for purchase (just the zones come bundled with AOM/RumCellar) it was moved to the market as a separate purchase. It's not the move I personally would have made, but it was something I expected, it's certainly cheaper than buying 2 expansions

There's not a lot the devs can do about jerky players.

I find it strange that everyone who is complaining is laying this all at Daybreak's door. SOE was doing this for YEARS. Nothing at all with gameplay and the market changed other than the format for expansion content since it became Daybreak. Now instead of one big expansion, apparently we'll be getting smaller bundles like DCUO DLC. The actual stuff on the market? Nothing changed. Stuff you get for being a member, that got somewhat better in the past year, certainly didn't get worse. I do not understand the hatred towards Daybreak. I especially don't get the absolute hatred expressed because they had a SALE, that they didn't have to have at all.
  7. BenBierman New Member

Don't agree with this post.

This has never been the case. The marketplace is a fine place to have what they do.

I don't agree with Vet Rewards being able to be bought with Loyalty Reward Tokens however. That isn't cool.
  8. BenBierman New Member

Solid post.
    Spindle likes this.
  9. BenBierman New Member

I don't agree that it is dying at all. That's the argument people have gone to when they want to try to get others to agree with them . This claim EQ is dying has been said since honestly? 2009. EQ Franchise isn't dying. Daybreak has't been around long enough yet to prove what they will or will not be able to do.

My criticism was based on simply on one thing. I voiced my displeasure on it. That doesn't mean the product is going to die, nor does it mean that they can't do better next time.
    Naramsin likes this.
  10. Griff Well-Known Member

Respectfully, I disagree.

Vanguard abruptly closed and those wishing to migrate to here were in for some sticker shock. Well, since the family and I enjoy a robust game and have been part of the franchise since almost the release of EQ-1, we bit the bullet. Expansion + AoD Feature Pack + Subscription and some other stuff for an *almost* unrestricted game.

The company converting the existing subscription plans to "All Access" sounds like a great benefit, access to all games. Except for that little caveat of the costs of entry to those games as well, unless you don't mind restrictions. I'm fairly confident that's why it's "All Access" or F2P only these days. Not too many people are delving into multiple games in the stable with the cost of entry/re-entry being as high as it is.

I certainly don't "Hate" the game, or the company. I hate that trying to get others that I know to join up with the game is often met with reluctance and then rejection because of the entry costs. Please don't give me the "You don't need all that" speech. Gamers that are into games such as these are typically "All in or not at all" type players. Buy the latest expansion and subscribe, you really wont need/want that race, class, ability, reforging, mercenaries and the like, trust me! Oh, never mind that I have them, I'm a seasoned....wait, where you going?

You can say I'm wrong. You can blame the players for the company billing for features a few years old. Bottom line, it wasn't pleasant paying the price to return to this game when Vanguard closed. It has also stopped a few friends that we played with back in the day from coming to this game.
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Okay, so I tried what you suggested, and found out that yes, the names I wanted for my ranger were already taken, and that is what the error message was about. So I finally was able to rename my ranger. Thank you Kuulei for the advice, you rock!
    Merriel and Kuulei like this.