Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

1. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Well I was thrilled to find out last night that my Hire Anywhere got the 20% discount. Kodos!
    Losadunai and Spindle like this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Holy Karana! Didn't even think of that.../leaps for second pc. Thank you GrunEQ!!!!
    HaphazardAllure and GrunEQ like this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

20% off was a non-event.
    Mizgamer62 and Wintir like this.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

Finding things on sale not hard to do seeing how all I see is more things for sale with less in the way of refunds for things game used to give people help with like refunds that SoE was helping people get.

I would like to see more game fixes and actual content updates as opposed to merc grab bags and buying a RAT mount or I mean some DUCK mounts.
  5. Spindle Well-Known Member

Let's see...it was a great weather weekend so spent more time outside than in front of a monitor, and with a new gaming laptop this means the weather was gorgeous. However I did manage to obtain a rare merc with a one off purchase, lots of smaller decorating items that I've put off purchasing due to sheer laziness and, thanks to GrunEQ, all my various mercs are at my beck and call instead of having to go back home to re-hire them! Quite the nice weekend.

Refunds, Bashem? I'm not sure what you are talking about. I mean that seriously, not meanly. Special weekend refunds? Would you give me a clue here, please?
    GrunEQ likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I did buy a few perma-werners. Mostly for my scouts. He's better than Daeron for them. Was actually surprised the "services" were included this time.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know English isn't your first language but I really don't understand what you are trying to say here. From Spindle's comment he does not either. Please explain?

Edit: If you mean customer support....nobody gets that now.
    Spindle likes this.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Je ne parlez francais. Have to admit after all the work put into making people learn Quebecquois in Canada....Je ne Parlez sums it up well.

Sorry Bashem...You simply made me think of local issues.
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hee, hee, I've always thought of Quebecquois as a sort of Esperanto; not easy to learn, necessary, not used enough or by enough and too easily forgotten ))

Sorry for the OT )
  10. Rolick New Member

Could we Possibly get a triple or even double DB cash day please
  11. Wintir Active Member

Agreed. Let's cut to the chase and start showin' some true luvin'!

Us Old Timers feel like were at Disneyland /20% off our $30.00 hamburgers......

Censor me if you must....true story.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

All I can say is I haven't played EQ2 now in several weeks, though I did log on for a friend whose guild was having their two year anniversary, in support of her guild as they celebrated. Did not buy the Rum Cellar Campaign, and though I still intend to decorate my homes in game and will most likely be spending SC on PlayerStudio items, I haven't spent any real money on SC now in several months. In fact, I canceled the AllAccess sub on my secondary account, though I still have it going on my primary account, but from what I can see, this game is going to end up on the list of sunsetted games I have played, and I'm not interested in investing real money in a game that is headed in the wrong direction.

I am sorely disappointed in the direction this game is taking, though it has not surprised me at all. Truthfully, I really don't think they care, or they would have already started a new advertising campaign to try and draw in new players. Double XP and double status weekend would have been a great incentive for people to play but not likely to draw in new members, because they don't advertise. I just don't understand the lack of advertisement for such a great game with so much potential. All that's happening is the grave is being dug deeper and deeper, and this makes me a very sad AllAccess member. I am still keeping my eye on things here, to see if things turn around, but sad to say, my expectations are on the low end of the totem pole.
  13. grammy1 New Member

Sad to say that service is not what I was expecting for sure. Bought a new character slot over the weekend. Scribed it, and went to make a new char. Well guess what NO new char slot! Paid my sc, scribed the item and got a big whopping nothing! Sent in a petition but of course haven't heard any resolution to that either.
  14. Losadunai Active Member

I bought a char slot as well. Got the character slot, but was charged 900 dc instead of the sale price (which was what I saw when I went to buy it) of 800 dc. Sent in a petition 3 days ago on the 26th and have heard nothing back yet. Le Sigh.
    Naramsin likes this.
  15. Bludgeoner New Member

Those claiming that DBG, would be giving away their shirt, the farm or anything else, in leu of a bigger discount / sale, how could you be more wrong?

It's virtual pixel created items, that cost nothing, and they can make a trillion of any item with the click of a button.

Bigger sale / discount, equates to all kinds of revenue for the game and their shareholders. If they sold LoN packs at $1 dollar a pack, it is still revenue. no additional costs were incurred to them for selling you all the digital pixel card packs you want. Or any other digital item you buy from them...

Like someone already said: Hire a real marketing person or 2 who specialize in this field of sales.

SC was the biggest joke when it launched years ago, and development team said then, there won't ever be anything on the market place that gives someone an edge or advantage over another player... Oh really?
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

I was underwhelmed with this sale.

But then...I was hoping for a double ferrin weekend so giving me 20% something I rarely look at or buy from didn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

Maybe July 4th weekend they will put more thought into what to give us for a weekend holiday perk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Tylia Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I agree with you. Things are not looking good. My guild has fallen apart (Some drama.. but I'm not blaming the one responsible.. she was just being herself..) and we aren't raiding at all this summer so there really isn't even any reason to log on. I have started playing another game with my son (I don't know if I'm allowed to name other games here or not, so I wont) and having a blast. I keep logging in now and then to see if anyone has left the guild recently, but otherwise I don't bother. I even recently cancelled my All Access membership because I just can't justify paying monthly any longer. It all makes me very sad since I've been playing this game since 2006.

Maybe things will look better this fall when we check back to see if there is any interest (or any guildies left) to return to raiding. I'm remaining hopeful.
    Mizgamer62 and Merriel like this.
  18. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I didnt buy a character slot, but I did buy a Potion of Amnesia to change my ranger's name, and no matter what new name I give, I keep getting an Error message.

I sure hope Daybreak will focus on fixing the Potion of Amnesia in the very near future!
    Mizgamer62 and Losadunai like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I used a potion without an issue. Did you try the surest way to make sure the name isn't taken? /friend <insert the name here>. If you get an error message rather than them being added to your friends' list, you might be able to use it. Anyway you should should probably ask your post to be moved to Player Support along with my answer. :p
    Naramsin likes this.
  20. Naramsin Well-Known Member

I actually never thought of doing that before. Thanx for the advice Kuulei, I'll try that when I get on next!
    Mizgamer62 likes this.