Members Only Special Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, May 21, 2015.

1. suka Well-Known Member

ouch. your homes should have transferred with you. no fair. they can't be passed to alts either. i would be very mad. beware people on AB who have recently been asked to vote on that transfer.

did you try to rebuy them at the portal? you would have lost all of the furniture because they would be considered relinquished. but they should still be on your account.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

why do you think you can't add cash? because cash is not on sale? there really wouldn't be much difference between a 20% sale on goods or a 20% sale on cash. it works out the same. if you really want to do the sale, add cash and do it. if not, oh well.

the way i see it, and maybe i am wrong but everyone has an opinion, the company is trying to find ways to give perks to members. that is in the form of a sale this time. it is offered to members only as an added perk.

remember all of the people griping that there wasn't much difference between f2p or subbed? so they try to create a difference. this is the same any other membership based business would do.

not so much an incentive to sub as a reward to those who are subbed. if you buy stuff from the marketplace, this is your sale. if not, then wait for the next perk.
  3. Madelinerose Member

No, I'm not going to rebuy them. I was told they would rebuild them "as soon as humanly possible"....I'm told.
  4. Madelinerose Member

also, apparently it is a Known issue. The warning should be placed on the token before a purchase.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

i agree a warning should be placed. i do hope they rebuild them - meaning complete. do you have saved layouts? seems they should have no problem if you do. what a mess. i would hate to go through that. kk no server transfers for me.
  6. Madelinerose Member

is a mess...10 years worth of stuff LOL...and layouts are saved thank goodness.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Sadly it's been a known issue for years. Literally. They have to have their senior GMs work at putting your homes back together, which means going through lines and lines of code. It certainly makes it faster and easier for them if you have saved layouts of your homes - after the first time this happened to my partner we made sure to save layouts of everything before any future moves.

This absolutely should be stated on the transfer token and/or as a popup before it allows the transfer to complete.

PS, GM Vhaern is awesome at helping people with this problem. Easily one of the best people working there.
    Feldon, s7n7a7k7e and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

I didn't view the sale as anything great but it didn't disappoint me either. I bought a couple of small items I generally use in decorating.

Like others, the sale isn't enough to tempt me to splurge on things I might need in the future. I already did that buying RC when I don't have a lvl 100 adventurer to my name and doubt I will have one anytime soon.
  9. Madelinerose Member

I have transferred before and they had to rebuild my homes but I thought the problem had been fixed by the time I tried to do it again. The problem now is that they have reduced their customer service down to almost nothing and there is a long line of people needing help. I guess there is nothing you can do to make it go faster, its a problem created by the company and not a high priority on their list.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Haloek Member

What about those of us who don't have the money to sub at the moment we just get nothing?
  11. Haloek Member

Kind of disappointed in you guys where is the double xp?
  12. Avithax Well-Known Member

I would be more insulted if I actually subbed tbh. They're the ones who pay and they got the blue light special at SCMart instead of the usual double xp or better.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

the point i think of any perks is that they reward people who are all access. i have way more sc on my silver account than i do on my all access. but that's the way it goes. there is really no membership based game or store where you would expect to get the same benefits for free as you do for subbing.
  14. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Yeah, I agree. Although, I will say, I feel they could have made some more money if they opened up the Holiday discount for F2P players as well, but with a larger discount for All-Access players. There are a few reasons for this. Here's why:
    • All-Access players might be less likely to spend real money on the Marketplace. With a monthly free 500 DBC, there are some All-Access players who probably have gotten many of the things they want already and have DBC they are sitting on. So basically a good percent of those Discounted Sales will be made using DBC that no money was used to purchase.
    • F2P are generally the players with tighter wallets or stricter financial situations. Which is why they are F2P. But those F2P players still generate money for Daybreak when they purchase from the Marketplace, because DBC are purchased by F2P with real money. F2P don't get $5 worth of DBC free every month. That being said, it is likely that F2P might jump at the opportunity to purchase more items that they might not have gotten yet being that there would be a discount for the holiday.
    Is there a guarantee, that every F2P player would make purchases during the Weekend Sale? No. But it is more likely that F2P players would make Marketplace purchases over the weekend, than paying $15 to become All-Access and then having to spend an additional $15-20 per item to get stuff they want over the Marketplace. The likelihood that a F2P player would become All-Access for a weekend sale is slim to none. Where as any amount of Marketplace purchases hesitant F2P players make over the weekend due to a discount would be money Daybreak didn't have. Money that those F2P normally would not be willing to part with.

It just doesn't seem like a good decision from a business standpoint. The smart thing to do would have been to give a moderate discount to F2P players. Just enough to get them to spend money. And for All-Access players, Double XP, and a higher discount than the F2P players, along with discounts on DLC possibly, would have been the best way to rake in as much cash over the weekend as possible. This way they profit from both sides of the field.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  15. d1anaw Well-Known Member

And the entitlement generation is at it again. Nothing is ever going to be good enough unless everything is handed to them free of charge and I daresay even then, they'd find fault with it.
    Moonpanther and Spindle like this.
  16. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Who is asking for things free of charge..?
  17. RollPlaya New Member

Obviously you fail to understand the meaning of the term "special sale".

The purpose of a "sale" is to offer a discount to customers, not to offer items "free" of charge. In this case, as properly pointed out, members that receive "free" Station Cash as a result of their membership can convert that "free" Station Cash into digital merchandise. Thus, the only ones expecting anything for "free" are members, and they have already had their "freebie".

This promotion costs non-members more than they save. Thus, this promotion is not aimed at non-members.

Daybreak crashes and burns if trying to generate cashflow by allowing "free" Station Cash previously rewarded to be redeemed for cash shop items. Especially considering that cashflow COULD have been generated by making this offer to non-members.

By the way, when Target places an item in their weekly "sale" flier, do you go into the store expecting to get that item for free?

Where I'm from they call that "shoplifting".
    Naramsin and s7n7a7k7e like this.
  18. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Do they even sell the SC cards in stores anymore (or DBG cards not sure what its called now sorry!) website says selected stores, and thats it, I have not seen them anywhere ! :(
  19. Losadunai Active Member

No, all SC cards were recalled the same week DBG officially launched its website. There have been no DBG cards sent out. DBG needs to remove the page that refers to the cards because they are not available anywhere anymore

Also, it is so hard to keep my itchy slap-hand down sometimes. I swear to Zod my eyeballs want to explode in angry goo all over people who keep throwing the words "entitled" and "entitlement" around. Please, for the love of all that is Norrathian, get over that Fox News buzz word and find another way to say what you are thinking.
  20. Poisonhawk Active Member

Keep your 20% Please fix the porting bug or problem whatever it is. Getting kicked from the game 4 out of 10 times on average out of the game when using any bell.
    Thank you.
    Naramsin, Breta and Mizgamer62 like this.