Melee Warden AA spec?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Ibame, Jul 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Ibame Guest

How would one spec a melee warden? I heard they're really good at PvP and everyone says put it on the melee tree when all i see is movement wardens renewal and remedies. Help is appreciated
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Max out wardens, get nature's walk from movement, max out renewal

Str-448(6-8 )1 (end-line here is optional; it's just an extra attack, though in pvp may be pretty useful as it can't be parried/blocked)
    Sta-4448 (minimum.. idk pvp well enough to say how useful any more points here would be; ask arielle)
    agi-4448 (see stam ;p)
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Dragonrealms wrote:
    I have STA 6 4 4 8 1 for PvP - because the end ability is really useful for a lot of pvp fights (for me). If you are not having issues where you are chain stunned, Ryala's build is perfect, IMO. There have been a few times where the end STA ability has saved me, but it wasn't 'all the time', so you might play with it and see how well you like it.
    You want Serene Symbol (dang .. offline I can never keep the middle ability in the STA line and the end one sorted name-wise. One is Serene Symbol, the other is Serenity). It's a very very useful debuff against Paladins, SKs, Druids, you can debuff them all of some very useful buffs. Well worth having, but more than 4 points doesn't (seem to) make any difference - even against level 85x4 mobs.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

My build only listed the things I consider "must-have" as a long-time melee warden. There's still points to place in the druid tree beyond what I listed so you have some play room in there, but not a whole lot.
  5. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

How bout spec'ing for low lvl melee wardens. i just rolled one and i'm wondering if i should work on the druid tree first or the warden tree. (and which lines in those trees)
  6. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Go down the wardens tree first with your goal being to get the 75% melee crits; just put 3 points in each attack all the way down the tree. After that, work down the druid str line til you get your double attacks at the very least. From there, you have the option to finish beefing up the melee attacks, you can branch off into movements to pick up 45% sow, continue down str to get melee heal proc and an extra 10s cooldown attack or you can start down the agi or stam lines for more heal power (I'd suggest agi first for levelling purposes since you get charm animal out of it).
  7. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

Not sure if its better for PVP or not but I did not get the dot/debuff CA. The reason being that if its parried, it will have its full reuse time even if it does not hit when you attempt to use. With the nuke version, it just has the couple of second reuse timer for a resisted spell. I consider the long debuff and chance at interupts more important then the quicker casting speed. The debuff does not last as long as the nuke version.
    One of the PVP wardens can clarify whether the nuke or the CA version is better for PVP though.