Melee specced Warden vs Melee specced Inquisitor

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Agathorn, Jun 19, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

I don't recall anyone mentioning the Warden Instinct line. Sure, Battlecleric 100% DA/Crit is nice, but I know on my own 30's Inquisitor against anything even con and above I swing and miss quite a bit more often than my Warden ever did.
    I wasn't really focused on numbers as I leveled up my Warden. At 80 though, with T1 generic leather shard armor and Expert self mitigation buff (AA enhanced) that I am over 50% in my solo melee gear. I'm not sure how that compares to chain or plate wearers
  2. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

I get 100 crit and da with gear/AAs anyway so yeah, Instinct is pretty handy for getting the melee skills up over 500.
  3. ARCHIVED-Winter12345 Guest

Don't forget, in the warden's EoF aa line they get a +75% melee critical hit and also in their STR line in the druid KoS tree they can get an increase in their Double Attack as well..to like 40% i think. Sure it isnt as great as an inq, but tbh I think wardens are better overall because they're balanced nicely with healing imo even if you go melee. Wardens also get a +50% mitigation boost in their EoF tree through the +75% critical hit line. When my warden was lv 22 (full mc) he had about 1100 mit, way higher than any other mc'd scouts i group with and sometimes even higher than some sk's and pallies.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

Yes until you reach level 70 you need to decide if you want to take some DPS or some heal AA, but after 70 you also don't have to do that as an Inquisitor. You will only loose a bit DPS options you can pick up through gear. If you really want to you can bring your Inquisitor to >100 DPS & haste, >80% double attack, 100% melee crit and 20% flurry solo without any gear. Then we have the mitigation debuff to further increase our damage. The only thing we miss is a nice STR buff. This is higher then any other healer can get. p.s. But to be fair I should mention, that the Warden CAs do more damage then the Inquisitor CAs. ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-StaticLex Guest

Wardens can get 105% DA and 75% MC from AAs alone if I remember right.
  6. ARCHIVED-QQ-Fatman Guest

DPS Warden vs. Inquisitor (solo in offensive stance without item effects)
    Melee crit: 75% vs. 100%
    Double attack: 85% vs. 92% (agi line)
    Flurry: 0% vs. 20% (20% flurry is like a 40% boost in dps)
    Dps Mod: 0 vs. 123 (yaulp, off stance, inq buff)
    Haste Mod: 0 vs. 35 (yaulp)
    100% Proc: glacial assault (self) vs. fanatical devotion (group)
    Melee crit bonus: 10 vs. 20
    Weapon dmg bonus: 45 vs. 20 (the only thing warden wins)
    Warden has several enhance CA aa, but inq off stance has +15% all CA and spell dmg
    so basically inq dps >>> warden dps...
    and warden mitigation is still much lower than inq even with self mit buff
    bah ... now i feel like to reroll my pvp warden and start an inq
  7. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

And you did miss Fanaticism: 66 haste + 9.6% reuse @master. ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Oakum Guest

QQ-Fatman wrote:
    And druids traded lighter armor for dps. Nice. lol.
  9. ARCHIVED-RollerDog Guest

Not sure why Mystic not in the mix for this discussion. They have some similar traits to both Warden & Inquisitor. I would guess they fall between the two dps-wise. I would like to see the same comparison table above with Mystic included. And of course, only Mystics have dogdog!
  10. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

RollerDog wrote:
    And my Mystic is ratonga. Cant beat a ratonga with a dog :p

I do have warden, monk, illu and mystic at 80. But since epic weapon questline, AA grind and TSO shard grind i had to focus on one class. I dont have the time to play more then one to full AA, T2 and epic weapon. And i decided for the warden ;) Even tough i find groups much easier with the enchanter.
    In that regard it doesnt matter which class. It matters how much fun a class is for the player :D
  11. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

I have an 80 Inquisitor and an 80 Warden So I have a bit of an understanding of both classes... ( and level 80 Necro, Illusionist and ShadowKnights)

The Inquisitor will almost always do more DPS considering equal equipment but his heal spells have much longer cast times. The warden does lower DPS but has faster casting heals and lower damage mitigation. At level 80 my Inquisitor in full T1 has about the same damage mitigation as my lvl 80 ShadowKnight in full T1.
    Due to the higher mitigation the Inquisitor takes less damage so, for most soloable encounters while leveling up you can simply cast a reactive heal, engage the mob and refresh the single target reactive whenever all your other abilities are on cooldown. Even at level 80 when soloing I usually only have to use my direct heals when I'm fighting heroic ^^ Mobs. On ACT Parses when soloing the heroic void beasts on the beach in lavastorm, wh Full T1 healer armor, impending violence magestaff and a melee spec with a few heal AA's thrown in for fun (144 AA's total) My inquisitor averages about 1200DPS.
    I leveled the warden up in Melee spec then switched to a hybrid melee/heal spec in the early 70's. The warden takes more damage then the inquisitor but its easy to throw a few HoT's into the casting/CA rotation to top off your heath during a fight. As a warden you will actually have to heal more but its not hard to do. My Warden soloing the Heroic Void beasts on the beach in Lavastorm with T1, T2 boots T3 Shoulders and Hat and a Thex mallet with a Hybrid Melee/Heal spec (166 AA's Total) averages about 1100DPS on the ACT Parse.
    After having leveled both charactors up to max level I would honestly say that for the average player who is not feeding hierloom raid gear to Alt Inquisitors and Wardens they are really about even against the usual solo content. Both are very capable soloers if you take the time to really learn the class. They aren't as powerful soloers as my Myth'd Necro and Myth'd Illy but they can get you around to see quite a bit of the realistically soloable content along the way while leveling up. I honestly can't think of any mobs or encounters that my Inquisitor can solo that my warden can't and vis-a-versa...