Meat beast mount

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkhorse, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Darkhorse Member

I've been unable to locate a quest series that gives the mount. Is this only available through the cash shop?
  2. Sambril Well-Known Member

Correct - there is no quest for a meatbeast mount, ground or flying.
  3. Darkhorse Member

4. Kaedian66 Active Member

There is somewhat of a quest, it involves the gathering of "station cash". There are two versions, one for the ground mount which is more easily gathered or another for the flying version which naturally takes a bit more gathering. It can be completed either in or out of the game too, how convenient is that?
  5. MsIvy New Member

I'm so disappointed the Pink ground mount is 2450 SC only because it's Pink does it crap Pink cow patties too? I'd rather spend SC for the flying ones which are cheaper or just not spend any SC at all. I just want to play the game I love, do the quests, and not be SC'd to death every time I turn around.
    Though I have been known unfortunately to have sucker written on me for SOE for EQ (long ago) and EQ2 (for years to present)
    I love play style and the Gm's are nice and easy to work with. I just don't like the greed.
    I have a lot of Alts! I am about done though.
    And to think, we still don't have our Darklight Palace out yet-now that I would've bought one of. But not now. I've waited too long. We voted last year.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Seriously? It's the most non-essential cash shop I've ever seen. You don't want to spend the $'s on a mount, don't. Not as if there isn't any in game for free.
    I fail to see how a pink cow you claim you don't want anyway, is stopping you from playing the game you love, or from questing.

The game can be played for free. It has a cash shop. Use it or don't use it, it sure as hell isn't a reason to cry.
    Shmogre and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Strac Active Member

It was available without spending cash, up until TOV release; contested Avatars dropped a Meatbeast mount. Now it might not help you out rightnow, but perhaps in the future there will be another opportunity to acquire a meatbeast without havingtospend extra money
  8. d1anaw Well-Known Member

Use SC or don't. It's not a requirement. Personally, I think the flying one is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen at any price, even free.
  9. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I bought the meatbeast ground mount last year, and I was delighted to purchase the flying one this year. I appreciate the SOE devs making these sorts of items, which are obviously shout-outs to the fans, and I feel like the money I spend on them is rewarding them for making that effort. Personally, I like playing EQ2, and I want to support the team that makes the game I enjoy so much.