MC ToT Rune: Catch 22

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Almee, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

I would like to be able to do the daily KA quests without having to constantly ask fellow players to help me. While there are lots of wonderful players who are happy to help out, once in awhile, I can't ask them to constantly devote their playtime to helping me.

So I decided to beef up my equipment and spells. However, getting a grandmaster spell, at lvl 100, is pretty hard as it takes a long time so I have to be satisfied with making expert spells for the ones that don't have master spells available.

That puts me at a disadvantage right off the bat as some of the final bosses are hard to kill without good offensive spells. But even with good spells it is also necessary to have excellent equipment.

Apparently we don't get that through the KA Sig timeline but I have been able to scrape together some armor from PQs, other players, MC that my crafters have made, and equipment from the summer event.

But to get the best use from the armor also requires infusing it and adornments. So I spent the money to get the purple adorn recipes and supplies my character needed. I made up a batch for her, with my maxed crafter, just to find that if I gave her the adorns I wouldn't be able to make them for my max crafter as the recipes only have one use.

I imagine you decided on limiting the recipes to one use so that it would force players to max their crafters but what it has really done is make it hard for those of us with alts to outfit our alts properly. Even if we get all our armor by the end of the summer event the armor will still need purple adorns for us to be able to do the daily dungeon quests.

But what this has actually done is to make the adorns too expensive to buy on the broker as people buy up the cheaper runes and then resell them at insane prices. While I am sure the prices aren't that bad for raiders, the raiders probably aren't using the MC ToT Runes to begin with.

And because many of us can't complete the daily runs, without the spells and equipment, we can't earn the coin to buy better equipment. So we are in a catch-22 situation.

My suggestion, to resolve the problem, would be to lift the 1-use limit on the runes. They already cost an arm and a leg to make so I doubt we will see the market flooded. And even if we do, that will allow us to outfit all our 100 alts without going broke. Right now I have to choose which ones I can afford to outfit or at least semi-outfit. I actually don't have any that are truly outfitted enough to do the dailies yet.

I would also urge you to make the equipment, earned by doing the sig timeline, on the next expansion, suitable for doing the dailies with a minimum of adorns or the purple adorns, if you raise the limit on the recipe uses.
  2. Ellimist Active Member

My mystic completed the KA sig timeline and can complete the dailies (Solo/adv solo) without even having an adorn on gear. Its now got a stack of expert gear from my Wizard but it wasn't hard to do the questline and dailies with old gear so not sure what the issue is here.

Could you link your toon on EQ2u as collecting the solo gear and running the key quests should more than make the solo content doable.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

This is probably my most geared character on Maj'Dul. http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/884764950369

My main problem is the last boss or too many adds at once. I'm also terrible at timed quests usually due to lag spikes or too many players having to kill the same mobs at the same time. It took over 8 hours today to find named in KA. Finally went to OP and killed greens that dropped useless rewards. There were 67 players in KA and KA2 was open also. Spawn times are too long to accommodate all the players needing named for the weekly quest or the daily objectives.

But I had just started outfitting my character, when I wrote the original post. Since then, after making the purple adorns for her, I found that she can only use five of them which means she can't get the bonuses from a complete set. Maybe that's because the adorns will be one of the rewards for the summer event. Still, by the time the even is over and all the adorns are on the equipment there will be precious few days left to use that gear to get even better gear for the new xpac.

All I can tell you is that I currently can't one-shot the final boss, which is often needed to survive most of the dungeon runs. I think my resolve is too low but I haven't been able to increase it by much.

Oh, and the other thing--If the problem with the superior purple ToT adorns is that some of the summer event gear needs Adamant purple adorns, then I sure would appreciate knowing what the trick is to getting transcendent quintessence as I've only found 2 since ToT went live. Last I looked on the broker it would take 1 mil plat for the two rares needed for one adamant adorn.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Your problem is low potency and low crit bonus. You're under 10k on potency and you need to be over, at least, 15k. Do the panda weekly quest to get your tithe potency bonus up and that should help a lot. For crit bonus, you really need to be over 3500. All of your jewelry is too low on both potency and crit bonus. At this point, don't worry about resolve, just up your potency and crit bonus. Once those are up, you can start playing with resolve. Also, you have a lot of empty adornment slots. To see what you should be using just find a good inquisitor on your server and look up their toon on EQ2U. That should show you what you want in terms of adorns.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah the named on weekends can be awful to find. But people are polite if you camp them. And I've noticed that there is a "blindness" effect that prevents people from camping the same named forever. Several times I thought I'd ganked someone but actually they couldn't see it. When my husband and I worked together to get named on a weekend, he couldn't see a mob he'd just killed but I could, and thankfully it updated for him when we killed it as a group. He couldn't see it even though we were grouped but the update worked. If you get a choice for OF 2, take it, because it's almost certain to have less people in it.

On your character I'd say first upgrade Condemn and use it whenever you can... combat mitigation debuff == dps.

I'm not an expert on inq though, so I'll leave the rest to others.

You have the right idea for how to get white adorns for cheap - head to the AoM zones and get electrified ones. You may be able to do the heroics even. But it's the electrified adorns that are the real money saver.

Dump the frozen soul traps and go for Spirit Stone of Et'Kalysh (did I spell that right?), and/or make Warslik or Qlark ones. If you really don't have any money and can't sell a Krono, then settle for the Stygian Spirit Stones.

The purple ones you can fill in by doing the dailies in AoM and/or ToV and using the Etyma and other currencies to buy them at the merchants.. ToV is especially useful for the anti-stun, anti-stifle and anti-fear ones. Only useable by mages and healers, so you're good there with inq.People sell heroic and solo purple adorns from ToT (made at the Forge of Brell or in your GH if you have the forge type there? or maybe they drop, not sure), but you may find that too expensive.

However, I find the white ones are more essential than having all the purple ones. A few purples will do you fine for solos. My mage's adorns need retooling, I'm still using the purple stacking crit chance ones from AoM and he's soloing without a merc, even adv solos. His Resolve is 241 though.

At 198 Resolve, you're a-ok for soloing. Your basic gear is fine, just watch for the high-potency items to drop while you do solos, and read procs carefully for Fervor or combat mit debuffs. Should consider getting some stormthorn food though. (Monsoon is the drink, this is the other one: http://u.eq2wire.com/recipe/detail/2097995607 )

You might consider being heartbound with someone for a bit of a fervor boost. Makes a big difference.

If you finished the KA storyline, then you have the greenmist weapon. It should be better than any other solo weapon, except maybe the Hero Sword from the JW pq. It also has a combat mit reduction proc, which is why you should do the Greenmist HQ, so it isn't disabled.

With 198 resolve and a merc, you should be able to do the key quests (timed quests, but the one near Crypt of Dalnir has tons of time which seems short at first but then later as you get better gear, it's way too much time). The keys open chests (ask a guard for the chest you need and you get a waypoint). The chests have a small chance of giving you something nice. After several days you should have like 30+ keys. Each one is a chance for a nice item. Or you can sell them for 2k plat EACH! (your server's prices may vary).

Check if you have a burnt key. Read up on that before you try it the first time. I had about 210 resolve the first time, and I was able to get the Gingerbread man down. Was the only named I could do in there, but the other mobs gave me lots of plat. 9 Plat per trash mobs might be very helpful to you, even if you can't kill the names.
    Aeriel likes this.
  6. Ellimist Active Member

You also need to get the ethereal offhand from the sig line and quest achievements. Theres no requirement to one shot the named in any of the zones you can actually work through the script in all the solo's and adv solos.

I'd recommend running PG's to get white adorns. do the solo PG's.
    Aeriel and Mermut like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The new KA purple adorns will help MUCH more then white adorns, espeically 3 expac back quested ones, if you're concerned about adorns. The set bonuses on those give mit, health, fervor, ability mod, etc in good quantities
    Aeriel likes this.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

I was trying to up my crit bonus and potency with the adorns but the panda gear won't take them which is strange since there is a purple slot for an adorn. So I'm missing out on that nice boost you get from having a full set of purple adorns on. This toon is maxed on adorning but I can't find the rares to make the higher-level purple adorns and believe me, I've spent countless hours trying to get them--not for myself but for players who were doing the heroics and raids.

But now that it looks like I might buy the next xpac I thought it would be nice to be able to start right in adventuring instead of waiting for my crafters to level up for the new recipes--especially since DBG seems to think we are rolling in dough. If they are charging the price of a basic xpac, for a few items for one toon, then I imagine I won't be buying more than the basic version of the next xpac. I'll have to work for the fluff items that can be earned from questing and that means better armor than I have now or expect to have by the time the xpac is released.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

The panda also has a bauble that will boost your potency in the tithe window. The first one boosts it to 30. The final one boosts it to 50. That's over and above any gear bonuses.
    Mermut likes this.
  10. Ellimist Active Member

The Panda gear takes orange adorns that boost ascension abilities. Have a look at the orange adorns on the panda that will unlock in the coming weeks.
  11. Aeriel Active Member

Good advice from Ellimist and Semperfifofum

I agree with Mermut that a set of purple runes from KA would help you a great deal. Perhaps go for the Aspect of Pingyuan set first, which will give you potency and hp boosts. This set of three is made by craftsmen (provisioner, carpenter and woodworker) - they are lore equip so you need one of each. Make them on the Forge of Brell, you don't need to be maxxed out in adorning. The recipes are rewards from completing the KA signature crafting line. You get the blank runes from the weekly KA crafting quest. For a good source of information on these runes check out Niami's website at eq2.eq2traders.com - the article is KA crafting epic rewards. If you don't have three crafters who have done the KA line you could always try bartering the one you can make!

Upgrade your green adorns! Damaged Qlark stones drop in the solo instances (not sure about the Warslik ones) and you can buy the recipe to convert them to green adorns from the KA crafting merchant. Damaged Qlark stones are dead cheap on my server's broker (Warslik not so much!)

On your inquisitor aa's I would at the very least enhance Condemn (Inquisitor) and spec enough on the left hand side on Prestige so that you get Fanatic's Protection. Condemn will reduce the combat mitigation of the KA mobs, as will using your Greenmist weapon. It all helps. Fanatic's Protection will give you a decent hp boost which helps with surviving the encounters. You don't need to one shot the names, just make them die first ;)

Solo PGs are a good way to get white adorns but will need plat to purchase. If you want to make them yourself then you could perhaps run the ToT solo dungeons to get stuff to mute.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am rather lost here, what adornments are you making that that only have one use recipes? I don't think there have been "limted charge" recipe books for adornments since ToV and you shouldn't be using any of that stuff anyway.

Also "the trick is to getting transcendent quintessence" is salvaging AoM gear that is level 98+ which includes crafted gear from AoM as well.
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

There are some one use only rune recipes that just drop in ToT dungeons. But when going for KA and do the signature there here my few coppers...

I returned after missing ToT completely, so I had to get back up to speed doing ToT timelines and afterwards KA timelines. So at first I just bought some Twark gear, then later after my both smithes were up to date with their recipes I went and made bloddy tooth gear, with clensed rares as well as experimenting. Making some, what my wife and I called "Luxury Twinks".

Equipped with 9 Resolve gear the whole signature was a joke. Currently went through this signatures with 2 zerkers, 1 dirge, 1 ranger, 1 inqui and I think one or two more I have forgotten. If aquiring bloody tooth gear is hard, just grab some twark.

Don't get the Panda gear with the orange rune slots. You may ask why, because the KA purple rune sets are still too good to let go while gearing up. Each crafter class receives 2 recipes, to make all sets you will need all crafters or just get them crafted for you.

You can grab the gear from the PG as well... bracer, pants, hands and a very good ring. For those you need the PQ reward marks. so repetition is your "friend". the orange runes you get there for each piece are very good as well.
  14. Imilla Member

I don't think salvaging crafted AoM gear is practical after they nerfed the TS Prestige and removed the salvage boost, Quintessences from crafted gear are very rare, probably need hundreds of items to salvage to see them and that will hurt your trigger finger. Only fabled gear seems to give them reasonably often.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Sad. bit true :confused:
  16. Melkior Well-Known Member

So the Superior runes I think you re referring to are really obsolete. Those are the only 1 use ones I know of. The new purples that come out of the KA expansion are vastly more powerful especially when installed in sets. It may not seem like it at first, but you are much better off, completely discarding those and moving to combinations of the new purples, or as some suggest doing PGs and getting the Orange rune gear.
  17. Almee Well-Known Member

I'll try the PGs again. Last time it was pretty hard on my hands. I managed to pick up some decent gear today, for one of my 100s, without having to kill the final boss, in a dungeon, so I'll do that also.

I've done the key quests, and turned in dozens of them but only got one good piece of gear. Mainly I just got gear that none of my toons could use or baubles.

I'm not sure where to get KA purple adorns. I don't think any of my crafters have recipes for them even though they have done the KA TS timeline.
  18. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Search your craft recipes for firmament or foundation, forgot the name of the third one... each crafter that went through the KA timeline getting the cloak gets the recipes as well. To put them in, 8 runes in total, 3 sets, one with 2, 2 with all three. that gives you some ab mod, pot, miti, and HP.

If you were on thurgardin you would just need to provide the ingredients, I would craft most of them for you... I have to look up if I managed to get the last crafter through... but 8 out of nine have done the signature up to the cloak.
  19. Aeriel Active Member

According to EQ2U the toon which you linked above (Lizzele) has the recipes for Ascension of Life and Foundation of Thought. If your crafters have completed Final Blow they will have the recipes. I think they may be auto scribed.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

Google really is your friend. Just put in "EQ2 KA Purple Rune." You'll get everything you wanted to know about them.