Maybe I just don't get it...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Hugsnkissums, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-MightyThor Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    I didn't actually say it was wrong.

I said, "I don't understand".

Then I said, "So, theoretically, it would be far better DPS than either buckler to 2H.".

Finally I said, "Thoughts please.".

So I think your gruff answer was uncalled for and immediately caused me to cast my defensive stance (geek alert!).

However, I do apologize if anyone inferred a negative connotation from my post, it wasn't intended that way.

I just keep hoping I can find a loop-hole in the system and discover an AA spec that actually has some merit over the buckler spec. Am I just deluding myself?
  2. ARCHIVED-Daghammerskold Guest

I am going to make some guesses here. I warn you in advance that these guesses will be based on too much coffee and not enough information.

I don't think everyone is talking about the same thing.

If Skel gave his AA spec in this thread I passed it without paying attention but I am going to guess that he has
    STA 4/4/8
    Str 4/4/8
    Int 4/4/8
    So when Skel calculates the value of the buckler line he does it versus the alternative (ignoring Agi, which leaves only one)
    WIS 4/4/8
    Str 4/4/8
    Int 4/4/8
    And he finds that the DPS mod from the wis line is too far into his diminishing returns to make dual-wielding preferable to using a buckler.

I suspect that some of the other people posting to this thread are looking at the buckler spec as being something like
    STA 4/4/8/8
    Int 4/4/8/8
    and they are wondering how it compares to something like
    STR 4/4/8/8
    Int 4/4/8/8
    Or
    Str 4/4/8/8
    Wis 4/4/8/8
  3. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

MightyThor wrote:
    When people say "i dont understand" and then try and back it with a statement it means they think something is wrong. For example

A construction worker says to an architect:
    I dont understand why you put this wall here. You overlooked some things in your blueprint and this wall isnt necessary.

The construction worker has no concept of building codes, stability, etc. Much the same as you have no concept of DR, DW, and other game mechanics.
  4. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Daghammerskold wrote:
    Yeah i put max dps buckler build vs max dps DW build. IMO i dont see a reason to compare any other DW build because the entire point is trying to squeeze out over buckler.
  5. ARCHIVED-FightGame Guest

Gutan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    No Gutan, Allastor is correct. It works if you OR the mob dodges an attack in any way. Read again. It does indeed proc when I am not tanking. Not as much, but it does.
    But any way, the entire reason for stamina line is double attack any way. Buckler reversal even when tanking and putting 8 points into it only added up to about 40-50dps iirc
  6. ARCHIVED-MightyThor Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    Making up fictional scenarios to prove a point isn't actually proof at all. Let me have a bash:

A student says to a teacher:
    I don't understand that. Why doesn't this work? Please explain and help me.

The student here makes an observation, asks a question, and then requests help.

You don't come across as a very nice guy to me, Skel.

Anyway, let's end this pointless bickering.
  7. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

You didnt ask a question you made a statement. There isnt even a question mark in your entire post, this isnt english 101. Anyways im done with you and i will make it a point to never answer your lame questions.