Maybe Bugs or maybe intended?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Axelia, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Axelia Guest

I made 5 new characters and every character started out on the tradeskill quest. At the point where the quest is handed out for Art of weapons the quest tip goes blank. Maybe it is intended but the quest tip only clears on the Art of Weapons part and does not fix itself until you bring up the quest journal..
    Second thing is that every character gets less and less vitality for the double exp. First character got 8% next char gets 5% and last character got .5%. I was under the impression that vitality was separate for every character but it appears on starting tradeskill it is calculated off the original character.
    Just a heads up in case it is not working correctly.
    /adds
    I am not sure these are actually bugs so no bug report sent.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rokaab Guest

Axelia wrote:
    Vitality is seperate for each character, though do note that when you create your character, they start at 0% vitality and gain 0.6%ish* on the hour every hour (whether youre logged in/logged out, doing something/doing nothing), so you have to let it build up. Takes a week to get from 0% to 100% vitality presuming your not using it.
    * the actual number is 100/(24x7)
  3. ARCHIVED-Axelia Guest

Rakk@Butcherblock wrote:
    I guess I was not making clear on the issue. My first char leveled almost to 10 on the quest. the second made slightly less and broke just above level 9. the thrid char broke level 9 but only after completing the quest. that 4th char had to do one extras combine to break level 9 and the 5th had to do 2 combines after finishing the quest to make level 9.
    Hope that helped explain the vitility issue when making a new crafter.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

It depends on when in your character's career you started crafting. Did every single one of them run right off the Isle (or where ever) before they had earned ANY vitality? Did any characters get it all done in the first hour with no vitality at all? Did any of them wait a week (or a couple hours, or a day) before starting crafting so that they had vitality your other characters didn't?
    Therein probably lies the difference.
  5. ARCHIVED-Axelia Guest

Calthine wrote:
    All chars ran the first 3 quest lines on the island. All leveled to 5, maxed gathering at 25, did collections then left for Q. The last 2 ran off faster because they had collections done from the other 2. I don't think there was much time difference to ammount for the continued loss in total experience. I seen this before so was kind of watching this time.
    I'll run 3 straight off the island this next weekend. I have 4 slots left anyway and it will be interesting to see if it did make a difference. My guess is they will follow the pattern of lesss and less exp. I know that the vit is not effected after they are past the starting quest so no one needs to worry as I have tested that before.