Maybe a dumb question about race changing

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by firexcracker, Apr 22, 2019.

1. firexcracker New Member

Started off as a fae fury but race changed to a dark elf. I still live in Qeynos.
    As a dark elf, would I be able to sneak into Freeport and do the dark elf racial quests for the silly little aura of the dark elf ring? Or do I need to be a citizen for that?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's about alignment, not race. I suspect the racial quest person will talk to you, but you will have guard aggro.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Dezz u New Member

what quest are you referring too?
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Eradani Well-Known Member

you may have troubles unless you're high enough - the DE racial quest starts in the basement of the academy of science and there's guards right outside
    Pixistik and Soara2 like this.
  5. Soara2 Well-Known Member

In 9 years I didn't know you can change races. My mind is blown. How do you do this?
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Buy a race change potion from the Marketplace
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Ahh k ty
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Loresinger Active Member

I'm not sure the NPC will even talk to you. I think I tried quite a while ago on a live server to get the ring of the opposite faction (Erudite, so there's a quest in each city), and if I remember right, they wouldn't give me the quest until I betrayed. It was a while ago, though, so I might be remembering wrong... That said, on a TLE server there are guards in the way, as was mentioned, making it ever harder to try...

Racial ring quests, each gives a unique visual.
    http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Racial_Ring_Auras_(EQ2)
    Soara2 likes this.