Cannot Reproduce May have found one server lag culprit

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Version, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Version Member

So I was in my GH fixing bags and doing overseers when my ACT showed activity all the sudden, which is extremely weird since I am obviously not fighting and noone else is in my GH hanging out... I check, and I find this:

I am very confused, as I have never spoken to Oxcy, not in a group with them, and am not in combat. Why on earth would a blind aoe hit both Oxcy and I, in separate zones, him in an instanced (Den Solo) and me in a GH standing by my door?

I messaged him to see if he had ninja invited or w/e, he said no, and I showed him the log and he thought the same thing.. so yeah.

If instances are doing server wide checks for X parameter, and not restricting it to X zone, that would cause major server load and lag, for any abilities behaving like this/written without zone parameters.

Please look into this, maybe we can save some gray hairs!

Posted here at the behest of Accendo on Discord.
  2. Ratalthor Developer

Are you seeing any of that data appearing in ACT in your actual game logs?
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

The response he got from.. Chrol?.. in Discord was that the mob he is referring to was a Bounty spawn, which don't check for you being in group or actually in combat with them on their AEs.

It's more likely that he is mistaken about them being in GH/Solo and they were both in the overland zone shortly beforehand and got hit by the AE, honestly.
  4. Окхх Member

Pretty weird accident it was.
    1 or 2 months ago my low-level guldmate shares with me some manadrain effect he got in fight in absolutely another zone. I was grouped with him and doing the things in GH, unmentored.
  5. Ratalthor Developer

Are you seeing the data appear in the actual game logs or is it just in ACT?
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Surely it would have to be in the logs as that's where ACT reads its information?
  7. Taled Well-Known Member

There are things that ACT parses incorrectly - Especially if you lag at all as the player, or if you have multiple logs open (Two accounts on one system, for instance) - that necessitate actually looking at your real log to discover the 'culprit' at times.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this. Can anyone verify that the in game logs are incorrect?
  9. Окхх Member

For my case, logs was perfectly correct, that was really weird world-wide incurable debuff effect... still yet to reproduce it...