May 24th TLE Release - Varsoon HYPE!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Kurth Member

I'm all for disabling the cash shop. Certainly for XP potions.

Heck I'd disable combat xp entirely and make it so you have to level up through quest completion and discovery xp.
  2. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

You really don't want anyone to be playing on the server with you, eh?
    boho, Smashey and Zenji like this.
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

Some want to take longer than others. It makes sense, after 15 years of eq2, if I log it on varsoon it's to take advantage of these totally deserted areas on live. rush BB in 15, then go to SH for 30 min then...
    I take those tle as a nostalgia serveur.

There's enough rush and grind on live. That's just it.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

Nobody is stopping you from taking your time. Make a group or a guild that wants to play like you.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Sollemne New Member

I just wanted to stop by and add to the hype. I haven't played in years and some friends and I are diving back in with the launch of Varsoon.
    Siren, Beazor, Rhoks and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kurth Member

Guess I just come at this from a different place than some other TLE players. I'm a Project1999 guy who happens to also miss classic EQ2 (launch til RoK)
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

I must have missed the P99 server that didn't have combat XP.
  8. Almost Member

Then do it; you can disable your combat exp. Heck, maybe you can actually find 1 or 2 other people who feel the same way.
    Zenji likes this.
  9. Kalymba New Member

I am excited for this new server, as well.

I've played on every TLE for EQ1.
    I always thought it was sad that EQ2 didn't get the same love.

I really miss EQ2, the way EQ2 was before the stat/skill bloat.
    I don't need 7 hot bars, full of skills.
    I don't need 1 piece of gear to give me over 1 million HPs.
    And I sure as **** don't need to 1-shot mobs, only 1 level lower than me, because of press one button and 14 different numbers pop up.

EQ2 got WAY too bloated.

I'd love to see this as a way for Daybreak to steer away from some of the mistakes that were made, rather than just a re-hash for a quick cash grab. That's probably all this is, but since they are releasing an EQ2 prog server, at the same time as the EQ1 prog server (and that you only need 1 sub to play it, so it wouldn't mean ore money) maybe they have some plans to revitalize EQ2.

I'd love to see them do some actual advertising though.
    Thank god for Nathan Napalm, or I'd never know anything that goes on with EQ lol

I don't know if Kaladim did, but I hope AAs are done with the slider and not through finding rares; while that was a cool idea, I much prefer being able to, effectively, turn off my XP to finish off an area, whilst still feeling like I'm growing.
    Zarriya, Rhoks and Turkish like this.
  10. Kurth Member

They're different games with different expectations. What annoyed me on Kaladim was outleveling dungeons because combat XP was so high. My solution rather than tuning all XP down, is to make the XP quest based rather than kill based.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

The cool thing in EQ2, you can choose to turn off combat XP if you don't want it. But suggesting that it should be removed from the server is ridiculous. Killing mobs for XP has been a part of MMOs since their inception.
    Mizgamer62, Laalon2, Smashey and 2 others like this.
  12. Rhoks Active Member

I will say....

I am slightly disappointed we are 1 month away from launch with no updates
    Beazor and Almost like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I know many people who do almost no quests, unless the reward is good, they just grind out xp by killing mobs.
    Like Zenji said, you can turn of the combat XP for yourself and leave the option to gain xp from kills for any others.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Liliun Member

There isn't a right or wrong way to lvl or play the game. Just do you. Normally I take my time leveling and do certain quests, etc, but this time around I'm going to be lvling my main pretty quickly. I'll go back and do HQs and other quests/objectives that matter to me, but I'm a big girl and am aware what comes with a leveling up fast. I plan on having a couple of alts that I can "take it slow" with to help keep me from getting bored, but for me, this is actually changing things up.

If they slow the combat xp I'll deal, but suggesting they remove the xp potions isn't realistic. I plan on using some, always have, for both tradeskill and adventure experience. My wanting to level quickly doesn't detract from anyone who doesn't want to, and I have no interest in suggesting that someone should have to level faster because I feel that is the 'right' way to do it.

If a month after the server opens and I'm back here whining about not enough content to entertain me, feel free to bring this post up. I've done every TLE, so am aware that I will end up running Icy Dig until my brain bleeds out of my ears and doing a lot of pointless quests just to give me stuff to do (regardless of how fast or slow I get to 50). Just play the game, group, enjoy yourself, and don't worry about what others are doing. That way everyone can have a good time without encroaching on others' enjoyment.
    Zarriya and Jaden like this.
  15. Nemnoch Member

I'm sorry, but I'm relieved that your solution is just your personal opinion, and that it will never be implemented. That would be an absolute nightmare.
    boho, Laalon2 and TheGreatGatsby like this.
  16. Laalon2 Active Member

I was gonna say, is the XP slider disabled on TLE's? Just turn it off combat xp and you'll never out level anything you want to do...
  17. Rhoks Active Member

I think they should allow for the AA slider to be used this time around instead of it being at 0 until you hit level cap then its 100%

I think that would help alleviate a lot of issues including out leveling dungeons.

Atleast till you hit cap in AAs then youd be back to square one lol
    Zarriya likes this.
  18. Laalon2 Active Member

It really can't be hard, right? Even when you're max AA, the slider could stay on that side, you just wouldn't gain AA xp any more...
  19. Rhoks Active Member

I feel like this should be easy to implement. Kinda defeats the purpose having a AA slider if we cant even use it.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Why does the slider need to do that? You can right click on the XP bar and turn off Combat XP, Quest XP or both. You all are really just asking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.