May 24th TLE Release - Varsoon HYPE!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Rhoks, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Rhoks Active Member

Just wanted to start a forum hype for the release date.

Hopefully get some questions in this thread that will get answered.
    Liliun likes this.
  2. Liliun Member

It's a date
    Rhoks likes this.
  3. Leibnitz Member

May the 24th be Varsoon!
    Liliun and Rhoks like this.
  4. KythosMeltdown Active Member

Now to decide which fighter to play...

I did SK for Kaladim. Thinking Zerker this time around. Any suggestions?
  5. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Zerkers are kinda cool, but don't really take off until they get Open Wounds. They're great if you're going to group with a bunch of Scouts though.
    Rhoks and KythosMeltdown like this.
  6. KwwB New Member

Sweet. I came here looking to see when Varsoon starts. Trying to get some buddies and my wife to play with me so we'll have a decent group. Cheers!
    Rhoks, Liliun and Siren like this.
  7. Rhoks Active Member

Everyone will be playing a SK at the start. Long term Zerker and Monks are used a lot in groups and raids
  8. KythosMeltdown Active Member

I haven't played in awhile, are Guardians/Bruisers/Paladins on par with their counterparts?
  9. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Guardians maintain a position as Raid MT for a very long time. They have a ton of damage reduction in the form of a myriad of Stoneskins with very powerful temporary mitigation buffs. They are generally considered "not great" for single group content because you don't need all of their defensive options in single group content where you want a class that is going to do more damage. Basically, Raid MT = S Tier, Group Content B or maybe even C Tier.

Bruisers are weird. They were originally designed to be the "more DPS" Brawler. However, changes to the game over long periods of time have made them generally weaker than the Monk. In T5 (Shattered Lands) and T6 especially, the Monk's raidwide buff grants every group member Cast Speed and Haste. When itemization grants very little amounts of Cast Speed, the Monk's raidwide can be the equivalent of a full set (or more) of fabled level 50/60 gear. Monks also get Tsunami at 55, which is one of the best defensive cooldowns in the game. Then, when AAs come out, Combination causes Monk dps to start to get significantly higher than Brusier dps. Once gear starts giving larger amounts of blue stats, the Cast Speed and Haste granted by the Monk raidwide falls off and the Bruiser raidwide (a flat multiplier of baseline damage of spells and CAs) overtakes it, but Monks still bring more personal DPS and better defensive options to fill the role of Raid OT. Basically, in terms of TLE, Monks are just a better Bruiser for up to a year or more of TLE content depending on xpac release schedule.

Paladins sort of fall into into the same position as Guardians. They have significantly more defensive options than Shadow Knights while Shadow Knights bring a ton of damage. In most cases, you don't need to heal yourself or to grant yourself additional mitigation while doing group content, your healer(s) will do that for you. This makes Holy Aid, Holy Circle, and Prayer of Healing significantly less valuable in single group content, where the SK's damage proves to be very valuable. The SK's Raidwide buff is %increased Spell Damage, while the Paladin's raidwide is resistances + increased amount of healing received. Paladins actually make for fairly good mitigation MTs for raids, but have to be compared to the number of Stoneskin effects that Guardians receive, which is where they fall short. Paladins are fine, they're able to do all of the content and there are a few fights where stacking Resistances is more important than anything else, but overall are considered weaker than their other Crusader counterpart due to not being "as good as" Guardian Raid MTs and offering less damage than Monk Raid OTs, and doing less damage than their SK counterpart for doing group content and which also provides an offensive raidwide buff.
    Unrivaled, Rhoks and KythosMeltdown like this.
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

In vanilla TLE it doesn't really matter. I doubt it'll start to matter until EOF raiding.
    Zenji likes this.
  11. Rhoks Active Member

Grouping you could pick any class.
    Raiding its usually
    MT - Guardian
    OT - Monk/Zerker

Personally I could argue that almost any tank could MT, some just do it better than others. Avatars being the only exception where I feel Guardian and Monk would bt the best choice for MT and OT.

When I raided on Kaladim I was MT as a monk 90% of the time, with the amount of DPS they put out it makes it very easy to hold aggro and having Tsunami as well just makes everything easier.

People could really break this down and disect it further but in regards to your comment,

If you wanna raid MT pick Guardian. If you wanna MT and OT and do some DPS pick zerker.
    Bruisers dont start to accel till later expansions. Would consider starting as monk and betray to bruiser later on.
    Pallys, are weaker guardians with more DPS than guardians but do less DPS than SKs.

As everyone will say, play whatever makes you happy. In TLE a formal raid set up doesnt matter till later down the road and even in those cases it isnt as crucial as it was when it was really live at the time.

For me personally I will be playing a Monk
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  12. TheGreatGatsby Active Member

Monk will be my preferred tank to play as well. :)
    Liliun and Rhoks like this.
  13. Rhoks Active Member

Bump cuz why not
  14. Unrivaled Member

Crusade's resistances are also less than one fabled resist adorn once you reach expansions where resists become key. SK's raidwide also grants stamina, which outweighs funny enough the heal received and resist bonus from Crusade. Raid armament would be great if mitigation mattered.

SK also has a strength debuff, and a incoming damage debuff (in EOF). They can also put siphon armament on a shaman dog, which negates any mitigation difference between paladin's heals and a SK's static mitigation. Throw in mists and a SK actually has more mitigation just pressing one button. It's tragic.

It's basically impossible to tank anything of difficulty on a paladin starting in KOS, as tower of stone and dragoons becomes critical to staying alive. The mitigation bonuses are somewhat null as mitigation doesn't really scale at a useful %. Hunker down was 10,000 mitigation on kaladim during avatars, and we saw a sub 5% damage incoming reduction giving our guardian 4x the mitigation.

Unfortunately by the time monks haste/casting speed raidwide buff starts to fall in overall power, other tanks namely paladins, berserkers, and sk's get an arsenal of better defensive temps. Making bruiser not very useful when temps are required to live through any heroic or raid content.
    Rhoks likes this.
  15. Almost Member

Lots of good info above, thanks.

So for TLE's, in this case Varsoon, will the server launch with the newer noob zones; Darklight, and new Halas I believe? Or, do we get a legit old school leveling experience? Also, are all of the newer tradeskill quests in as well? Mercs? Familiars?

Thanks
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

All they've really said so far is that the ruleset will be "similar to Kaladim" with the addition of being free trade. So from that, we can infer:

Neriak and Halas will be in at launch.
    XP will be less than on live servers (supposedly comparable to vanilla, but I'm skeptical)
    Tradeskill quests will be there.
    Mercs will not be available.
    Familiars will not be available.
    A bunch of stuff that was No Trade or Heirloom will now be freely tradable.

The definitive FAQ will be released soon™.
  17. Almost Member

Thanks my good Ratonga. May all your cheese wheels be Mythic.
  18. Thwaol New Member

Ill be in the minority here but please slow enough leveling that we can actually run dungeons with out leveling them.
    Zarriya and Harington like this.
  19. Kurth Member

Minority yes but not alone. So sad collecting the quests in Blackburrow and outleveling them before finishing half
    Zarriya, Harington and Buggabug like this.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Slowing the leveling is worthless if they leave in XP potions and Vitality potions. It just makes the gap between those who spend money on leveling and those who don't significantly larger.
    Mizgamer62, Buggabug and Siren like this.