Maximizing Harvesting Stats(AKA getting the most crystals)

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zhevally, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

It may be working as the devs intended, but that doesn't mean it's working as it "should."
    Forcing everyone into mind-numbing harvesting was just a bad idea from the start.

I have harvested far more than "a few hours every day" and I only have 5, so please don't tell me how easy this is.

Spoken like someone who has no idea just how lucky they've been.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Some players are lucky to get 2 Shadowed Balanzite Crystals out of one single node, and some players with a rareharvest chance of 75,1% get nothing for hours of shadowharvesting (more than 200 shadow nodes !!). It's pure RNG.

But there is a solution: Broker is your friend! Prices allready dropped to an affortable value, and still dropping.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm laughing. I have been harvesting for at least 2-4 hours each day, and thus far the RNG has decreed I should not get any crystals. Eventually that will change, but... yeah.
    Bhayar likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

We've had a semi-serious nagging paranoia that your luck on the RNG really does increase depending on your marketplace activity. Back in BoL the wife and I went through a very lucky patch with the overseers after buying a 20 pack of crates. I'm certain that isn't a thing, but if it was, it would 100% explain Ingerimm's harvesting experience, being WW#1 whale and all.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

How often are you getting the orbs? I was doing well with the orbs, getting one nearly every 10 -15 minutes.
    Now I'm only getting one between staff uses, so one every 2 hours.

Anyone else had this? Or does RNG suddenly hate my guts.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I get orbs pretty rapidly. Just RNG shenanigans.
  7. randomplayer Member

2 days solid harvesting. no crystals. Not at max everything but fairly close. I have always been unlucky with this type of thing.

Its kind of screwy that the best harvesting gear is behind raids (which I do and I have the void etched gear now) and the marginal increases that seem to have a pretty big impact on crystals per day of harvesting are with the premium priced editions of the last few expansions. That's fine, I guess. But really, tell us up front "if you dont buy the $150 box then you will have to spend X amount more time harvesting these crystals you will need to progress."
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Same. And now I go an hour or more between orbs.
    I do however have around 6,551.025 rare roots. Shame there's jack all to do with them.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Trilly Active Member

make cowls from them. then mute/salvage into uncommon lunar materials.. I DO have a question bout harvesting...I am seeing tons more fish shadowed spawning (heh!) in the waterways...has ANYONE gotten a crystal from one of these? Seems the ore and wood etc is not spawning the shadows like before...maybe I am just in the wrong places??
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm close to 20 crystals and I think I got two of those from fish. However, I didn't keep true track of where, only a mental note that I got from different shadow nodes.

as to the part about "in wrong places" - What was helpful in BoL to spawn shadow nodes was to clear cut everything else in the area you want the nodes to spawn. Then use staff/orb and hopefully shadow harvests will spawn. I use BoL as an example, I assume can do the same with RoS. There's enough people going at the harvesting, you probably don't even need to do that.
  11. Trilly Active Member

congrats! I did get 2 the other day so feel good about that. Looking at one of the recipes I notice it needs 10 of them for one part!! WoW! Appreciate your response.
  12. Solemio New Member

I dont agree that its useless because bh134% often gives triple harvest.
    However, for shadow resources this doesnt matter because no double or triple harvest is applied to them.
    So if someone just gathering materials, example, for crafting, then its useful to have bh134% and triple harvest some times will be very nice
  13. Solemio New Member

You can get 7 and 1-2 shots of 8 :p
  14. Kristabella Well-Known Member

To me it feels like the stats needed to harvest Glass orbs and actually get crystals have been ninja nerfed. After dedicating an entire day to harvest I got very few orbs and no crystals. I am talking about 14+ hours harvesting.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I have never seen or heard of someone getting more than the one bountiful harvest off a node. You do sometimes pull a rare as a bonus ontop of the normal item or the bountiful item(which does sometimes cause you to pull 3 or 4 separate times off a node but that's just the rare going as a bonus and not actually an extra bountiful harvest. This happens most often on roots because they don't seem to mitigate rare harvest like the other nodes.
    The same thing can happen on shadowed nodes where you get a rare and a common on a pull so you get 2 off of one pull even though you don't get bountiful harvest on shadowed nodes.
  16. Zhevally Well-Known Member

I mean you can but only if the nodes are up where you can do it. So there are a lot of times I get 7 or 7 and shots on 8, however there's many times I can't simply due to where the nodes are up(I can more consistently get 7 when less people are on and it's great). However it is very rare to not be able to get 6. The only reason I don't get 6 is accidentally pulling mobs. So that's why I said 6.
  17. Solemio New Member

I have been using what you described in your topic for several years. I analyzed the logs manually and used the Harvesting plugin for ACT. An ordinary node can drop an ordinary resource 3 times and in this case I didnt mean a rare.

A shadow node can drop once or a regular shadow resource, or a rare shadow resource, or an orb or balanzite. Only one each time.
    For all rares I made ACT triggers, currently I only saved two (orb & balanzite).

Also it can be just my special case.
  18. Solemio New Member

I always look for places where at least 7 nodes are close by. For example, I know 4 such places in the SW and there mobsfree. Character speed can also be helpful in this.

Anyway, I think your topic is very useful :)
  19. Zhevally Well-Known Member

Every node drops a resource 3 times without bountiful harvest. Normal nodes give you 6 with over 100% bountiful of the commons, anything extra has always been rares. A single pull can give up to 2 sets of commons and up to 2 rares on a normal node. If you have ever had more than that I would love to see that log file, because I have never ever seen that happen in all of the harvesting I've done, even before swapping my extra bountiful nails to harvest skill nails.
    The harvesting plugin will generally show more collects than double the attempts on the common because you get extra collects when your first pull is a rare without a common but the bountiful has a common.
    This makes it hard to look attempts versus collections in the plugin to confirm that is happening,

Also the orb isn't technically a drop off the nodes, so if you get one on a node(shadowed or regular) you still get a normal amount of harvests. Shadowed nodes can also give you a rare and a common on a pull, though I have yet to have that happen with the crystal it happens all the time with the normal rares.

Yeah I know several where it can be done, it's just not all the nodes are necessarily up to let it be done at a given time, especially when the server is busy. It's amazing how much more reliably I get 7-8 nodes in the middle of hte night when I have a zone almost all to myself. Sometimes when its busy it can be really hard to even get 6, but usually by being patient I can still manage that.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I have only spoken from 2 to 3 days a some hours and not from every day for the hole addon. Raiding on the top was always in EQ2 make an effort in all ways of progression, adventure (solo, heroic and raiding), crafting, collecting. It was never only raiding and it should be never only raiding.