max player bonus xp nerfed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by gingin, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Arieste Well-Known Member

New expansion has a new max level and by extension a new veteran bonus. As per your own words, you've decided that this (along with the other things the expansion offers) are not what you "feel is value". So you have the option of not paying for it. If you think these things ARE value, you have the option of buying it.

Max level refers to the max level attainable by any player in-game. Just because some people may be capped at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 or 92 doesn't mean that max level is different, the MAX level is still 95. And for being max level you get a bonus.
  2. Pinktonya New Member

By going F2P, SOE opened up the game to people who do not have the option of paying for it NOW.
    The fact is the change to Vet Bonus affects them in a negative way...
  3. Onorem Active Member

There are several disadvantages to not being gold and having the new expansion. What makes this disadvantage special?
  4. Nocturnus Member

It does not impact anyone in a negative way. It's a bonus. An extra. Historically, as in even before the launch of free to play, it has always been attributed to having a character at max level, whether you have the expansion or not. Taking the broad definition of their free to play and attempting to apply it even here is a logical falacy at best.

If you don't have the latest expansion, and you don't have a max level character, you get regular experience gain. Not negative. Not detrimental. Normal.
    Onorem likes this.
  5. Geothe Active Member

Want the VET bonus. Buy the expansion and get to lvl 95. Problem solved.
    Dont want to spend the money on the Expansion, then I guess you don't want the Vet bonus that badly afterall /shrug
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

You guys are saying "You get what you pay for" or "if you want it, pay for it" or some variation thereof. But wait, the level cap goes up to 95 and you lose Max Level Bonus, whether you bought the expansion or not. Money really has nothing to do with it.

I don't actually feel strongly on this issue, but the points people are raising about bonuses and who paid what are just silly.
  7. Pinktonya New Member

Try not to let "it has always been" limit your thinking. The game has changed.
    It is today sold as ala carte.

A silver/bronze that bought DOV with a level 90 had a vet bonus on the
    12th, didn't on the 13th. The game they bought didn't change.
    The game you bought did. Why should they be penalized for your purchase?
  8. Onorem Active Member

Everyone lost the bonus, but only those that buy the expansion can regain it. It's not silly. It's fact. (I didn't buy it. I don't plan to buy it.) I also won't complain about MAX bonus not applying to alts when I have no characters at MAX level to trigger that bonus.
  9. Onorem Active Member

I don't care about how FTP players are being treated. If you want the bonus, you have to pay for and level your characters to the maximum level.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Clearly. :)
  11. Onorem Active Member

What's your point?
  12. Pinktonya New Member

Thanks for making my point. That is exactly what SOE has told all their F2P players with their poorly
    thought out change...
  13. Onorem Active Member

Works for me. You do realize this change also impacts gold members who didn't buy the expansion? Right?
  14. Nocturnus Member

You are not being penalized though. Your phrasing makes it out to be that you are being saddled with a detriment, when really, it's just a return to the normal rates.

I mean, I miss bonus experience weekends all the time. Should I be starting threads bemoaning the fact that I didn't get my bonus? No. I shouldn't, because it's an extra. Might as well make the rates permanent with that argument.

I think that people are also missing the fact that with this patch, most people who group up are getting a substantial bonus compared to before with the group experience changes.
  15. Ragna Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why people keep talking about FtP...
    FtP has nothing to do with this. When CoE launched, everybody lost the Max lvl bonus.
    It doesn't matter if you're Gold or FtP, if you want the bonus again you need to buy CoE and level some of your characters to max.
    Really, think about it for 2 minutes and you'll find several possible "exploits" if they let ppl have the bonus at 90
  16. Pariel Active Member

F2P players havent been told anything - this is purely down to one thing.. do you want to buy the expac? Doesn't matter whether your Bronze, Silver or Gold... dont buy the expac, dont get the associated benefit.

If you choose not buy AOD, then you can't use use Mercs - if you choose not to buy DOV, you don't get access to Great Divide. Its no different... and I don't see a load of posts from people saying "I want to use a merc without buying AOD. I am being penalised! Darn SOE" Its YOUR choice if you want to buy the expac whether you're bronze, silver, gold, all access... but if you choose not to then you don't get the features and benefits of that pack.
  17. StoneLegion Active Member

IDK, I still think the vet bonus should be 90 only because of the needed 280 AA cap. Being an old player coming back never gotten that far I find it hard not to level but to level 280 and yes I can use my 2 items and used 1 on the 1 character but tbh I only want to use it on another to just make him 95 with the bonus. At that point I feel that they sort of ruined the fun.

Bring it back to just 90 that way at least it can stack on for AA grind.
  18. Uberfuzzy Member

What if they split it? Instead of 20% @ cap. What about 10% for getting TO 90, and the other 10% for getting (what ever the current cap is). This way you still get rewarded for hitting the first artificial ceiling, and still a carrot dangling to make you want to get to the top (be it breaking 280, or buying the expansion). I think that would satisfy everyone complaint i've heard from either side.
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I barely think, if soe had called it maxlevelbonus, no one would complain about it´ll beeing raised or? :rolleyes:
    I mean, cmon, did anyone ever test what a 60% bonus do? Today it gave a booooost :cool: of around 5% on a complet zone, well, i didnt count 10% mentor to it, so it probably less oX
    -edit- i know 200% could be little more ^^