max player bonus xp nerfed

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by gingin, Nov 14, 2012.

1. gingin New Member

Sony claims that their game is modular in design and that we have the option to pay for what we feel is a value, but for those of us who decided the new expansion did not offer anything for us or that we were unwilling to spend the money for what was being offered that we now get held to the new expansion level rules and our max player bonus gets nerfed. If it was truly modular you would only be held to the rules defined by each expansion.
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Sure. And when you want your sub fees increased so they can maintain separate servers for each person with a different combination of expacs and therefore different rules, you let us know.

The max level is 95. The bonus is for max level toons. The game changes every patch, let alone every expac. You dont get to fossilize your instance of an MMO. This argument is very tired.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

Actually, I agree that Veteran Bonus should be:
    • 95 if your account is flagged for Chains of Eternity
    • 92 if your account is not flagged for Chains of Eternity
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I agree, this makes some kind of sense, but then SoE and sense were never comfortable bedfellows. o_O
    Tika and Pinktonya like this.
  5. xephier Active Member

It makes sense only in the eyes of players, SOE will never implement this because for many people that still dont have most their toons to 92 yet, they would hold off on buying the xpac so they can get more xp bonus by NOT buying it. SOE stands only to make money, if convenienceing customers takes any money from them they will not do it.
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Why Feldon?

From the perspective of persistent world design, it doesn't make sense for different players to have different world conditions.
    From a game fairness perspective, why should dev's have to spend resources on making sure exploits aren't possible among the different rulesets?
    From the business perspective, this reduces the incentive to buy Sony's product, and thereby pay them for the experience.

From a logistics perspective, where would this end? How many different customizations should also be permitted if this one is? Should I be allowed to refuse a patch that I dont like, and still play with everyone else?

The side of the discussion you're on is not compatible with this genre of game, and I am really surprised to see it from someone of your stature.
    Ladymist likes this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't.

The bonus is for having one or more characters that have 'completed the game'. At level 92, you've no longer completed the game, and if you choose not to purchase the expansions to continue completing the game, its a bonus you lose out on.

But going by your logic, we'd need a third bullet point for level 90's that aren't flagged for SS.

Given the threads on how fast people are leveling to 95, this seems to be mostly noise at this point and there are far bigger fish to fry than vet xp bonuses.
  8. Pinktonya New Member

Well, the game has changed... There's this thing called free to play...
    Silver/Bronze accounts, you may have heard of it.

Loyalty rewards can change to reflect their play/pay schedule or not.
    In this case, not...
  9. Onorem Active Member

What does FTP have to do with vet bonus? I don't understand at all what point you're trying to make.

Back on topic, it's a bonus for being max level. They screwed up by not making it 92 last time because it led to players expecting something that was never promised or even hinted at. The idea was never to make it easier for vets to rush through levels when a level increase is introduced. The idea is that if you have MAX level characters, your account gets a bonus. Please tell me what the max level is now.
  10. Pinktonya New Member

F2P is supposed to give players freedom to consume the game at their pace.
    Max level is what ever expansion they've purchased...
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

I disagree.

F2P is supposed to give you a taste of the game and hope you eventually spend a little more and a little more until you like it enough to become a subscriber.
  12. Pinktonya New Member

Says right there, Max level for a silver/bronze/gold is 90 (if you didn't purchase COE)...

http://www.everquest2.com/free

Player Character Levels Level 90
    (Level 95 with purchase of Chains of Eternity expansion) Level 90
    (Level 95 with purchase of Chains of Eternity expansion) Level 90
    (Level 95 with purchase of Chains of Eternity expansion)
    Tika likes this.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

This tosh again.

Vet bonus is a BONUS for having the latest expansion and being at cap. Did people complain about this like they are now when SF came out and upped the cap to 90 from 80? Seems like there's lots of moaners this time round.

If you choose not to pay SOE money, you sacrifice things. This is one of them. You're not entitled to it.
  14. Onorem Active Member

Max level is currently 95. If they haven't purchased the necessary expansions to reach that, they can't reach max level.
    FTP players can still consume the game at their pace. They just don't receive a vet bonus while doing it.
  15. StoneLegion Active Member

I don't think its a big deal keeping the vet bonus at 90 tbh. It could solve a lot of tiny issues mainly needing 280 aa to keep going why not let the players have their bonus exp.

Never made sense to keep it at the highest possible.

I mean the players are leveling 92-95 in a few hours anyways its only hurting new players a lot.
    Tika likes this.
  16. Nocturnus Member

Bonus XP is a... bonus. Veteren XP is a ... bonus that you get for having a character that is at the current level cap.

The level cap has been raised more than once and the... bonus... has been bumped up to reflect that.

You are not entitled to bonuses. Bonuses are just that... a BONUS. (I'm saying bonus a lot). By this logic, forget double XP Weekends! Let's just keep that bonus around at all times!
  17. Pariel Active Member

I havent got AoD on one of my accounts - therefore I dont expect to use mercs
    I wont buy CoE on the same account - therefore I won't expect to get an exp bonus for having a max character
  18. Kalderon Well-Known Member

What you pay is what you get ;)
    But, anyhow, i do wish that vetbonus are for vets (in game).
    Lets say, 1 year 10% Bonus(to all toons of this account) and so on o_O
    Tika likes this.
  19. Mae- Well-Known Member

You already get in game bonuses for time paid (and time since the game went F2P). Experience pots, COV, a mount, a house, etc. You don't need additional bonus exp as well.
  20. Kalderon Well-Known Member

You dont need, doesnt mean, you dont get ;)
    Leveling my toons without vetbonus, just showed me, that it is not realy needed.... i mean, if you do lvl bit faster, you can hit a button to be at max level, which is not even the way i use to play :rolleyes: