Masters Chosen - Xal'Gilah

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Regolas, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Regolas Well-Known Member

Are you supposed to be able to dispel or prevent this guy from increasing increments as he resurrects the Disruptive Tutor?

We've tried Serene Symbol and Absorb Magic and nothing brings the increments down. He gets over 10 and things get messy.
  2. Enoa Member

Also struggled with this guy tonight. We did have lowish dps but were no where close to killing him before it became unsurvivable.

I believe you are supposed to dispel necromantic concentration on the add... which says you will increase the amount of time before resurrections.

However, the buff to dispel is only intermittently showing up. Only way to know it was a successful dispel was with an ACT trigger. Think I actually only saw the buff once or twice in 6 pulls. Rest of the time it was not showing up. Not a big deal I guess but if your group only had one dispel it would be a problem.

Also the duration between spawns or resurrections seemed unaffected (or minimally affected) by the dispel mechanism.

Other annoyance of the fight was the Deter from the add. He cast it a few times after falling on the floor. For my tank, at 8 stacks a stoneskin was needed to survive it. Made it hard to faith/manawall/charm it when it may or maynot be coming after the add dies.

2nd guy was a joke now though.
  3. JohnLee New Member

The fight must be broken, the add shouldn't be attacking when he is falling on the floor, if the damage supposed to be hitting that hard.
  4. Vasco Active Member

Up until now, this place had no dps check on any of the fight. I believe this is now a dps check.
  5. JohnLee New Member

Yap, just killed this one, IMO atleast 160m and an excellent tank is the requirement.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

This I believe is unrealistic. It therefore requires two T1 dps in top gear to achieve that level.

No room for two healers when they bring <10m dps. Even utility classes bringing ~20m are kinda slacking.

Group makeup should not be so radical if the other fights do not require it
  7. JohnLee New Member

They reduced the damage of The Servitor, suppose to nerf the difficulty of this zone, but finally we got a much more diffcult fight than The Servitor. This is ironic.
    Regolas likes this.
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I did wonder why this guy was easy, but then so is the 4th named so I just assumed there were some easy named as well as harder ones (Servitor and Yoth).

Now this guy is preventing me from completing the zone.
  9. Vasco Active Member

First and second is mechanic check, third is a very mild dps check, 4th is a decent dps check, 5th is a heavy heal check.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

DPS check didn't seem that bad on 4th. 2 healer group, just have your tank use saves effectively on the add when it mounts up. Decently geared Heroic Group should be able to do it.

(06:42) Xal'Gilah: 171337133 Coercer-Temporal Mimicry-207744747
    Assassin | 73176894
    Coercer | 31111039
    Dirge | 26259170
    Monk | 19739634
    Mystic | 10822243
    Templar | 10228152
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Well a monk with the length of time you can keep up invulnerability makes it easier. Should be OK for all tanks to do though.

I personally believe the cure mechanic isn't working.
  12. JohnLee New Member

(07:14) Xal'Gilah:
    Group | 154972 K
    ---------------
    Brigand | 62767 K
    Dirge | 32427 K
    Trouby | 20690 K
    Guardian | 19278 K
    Inquisitor | 11497 K
    Defiler | 8312 K

We did this less dps, but with inq && brigand we got less hit point.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

And that's some impressive dps by the dirge, mystic and templar.

In my regular group the healers do about half that dps, and the dirge does around 20m. I am close to your sin value on my ranger.

I just managed to run it with our warden switching out to his poorly geared assassin so we added about 30m dps to the fight over him playing his warden. Not at your assassin level (or me on my ranger, he only did half of my dps), but it was enough to just get over the line.

Ranger - 71m
    Assassin - 35m
    Coercer - 25m
    Dirge - 22m
    Zerk - 12m
    Mystic - 6m

Total - 170m (6min 43s)

This is now the hardest mob in the zone by far. A 170m dps check with tank using every save in the book is not very good when no other mob comes close to those requirements.
  14. Rougez Active Member

Man, I'd hate to see the kill times before the HP nerf in this zone... pew pew harder guys! :)
  15. Sylke Well-Known Member

So, I'd be curious to know how a group with no Ethereal scouts does on that fight...
  16. Rougez Active Member

It would be my guess that the posted parses are of scouts without ethereal weapons.
  17. Sylke Well-Known Member

Assuming I found the correct EQ2U profiles, each had at least one of the Eths :/
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

My experience is ~10m less, sometimes more.

Also wanted to point out that group at best is only infused with advanced infusers (around 4cb/pot above base).
  19. Sylke Well-Known Member

First time actually attempting this zone... Is there some way to avoid the Noxious Bolt DoT on the tank? :eek:
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Seems to be a bolt straight in front, quite thin, so you can stand slightly to his side to avoid it. I've done that by accident!