Mastercrafted Legendary, Mastercrafted Fabled

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jaremai, Aug 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Huh?
    Today's hotfix is adding labels Mastercrafted Legendary and Mastercrafted Fabled.
    Is that a EQ2X thing for new $ items or am I missing something? Best I can come up with are maybe some Heritage Quests that have to be crafted in the end.. but otherwise what the heck is this referring to?
  2. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I don't think it has anything to do with eq2x. Hopefully it means they'll add some higher quality crafted items that will have components harder to come by than clicking on a node. Might not actually mean anything until the expansion comes out too. But that's just speculation.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raenerys Guest

I believe (only b/c it sounded feasible when my guildie said it) that it refers to crafted items from Faction Merchant recipes.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Kaynala@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yeah that sounds very possible for MCL, but my guess is MCF is probably a few things like EH crafted items. I also believe it's probably going to be important for DoV, since they specifically mentioned that many raid items will be upgradable by crafting (making them MCF?).
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

While I am sure it's a distinction created for EQ2x 'cause differnt membership levels are restricted to a maximum quality on gear, I think it could have good implications for EQ2.
    DFC armor = MCL, it might make it possible for that gear to get improvements since it wouldn't be classified as just MC.
    Faction crafting = MCL
    EH items = MCF
    Future: MCL could get higher stats than MC making it more L than just MC. HCF could be higher even than MCL.
    Who hasn't been disappointed by current faction crafted items from SF? ever wonder if it's because of the MC itemisation restrictions?
    But, this is a change that should have happened long ago, in my opinion. But we're just seeing it now because they don't want the free memberships on EQ2x to be able to equip the MC special stuff.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Yeah, I'm sure the dual-tag is partly to restrict it on EQ2X but like you said it could have positive implications here. At worst on here it'll have no impact at all and just be a cosmetic change.
    I do wonder if expert abilities will show up as MCL. That'll make it more obvious that they transmute as legendary rather than treasured, and that'll be a good thing IMHO.
  7. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    I disagree, I don't think it has anything to do with EQ2X. The last expansion that did not raise the level cap (TSO) introduced the far seas quests and crafting missions. This next expansion has to offer something to high level crafters. I believe one thing they will add for tradeskillers in this expansion is to implement some way to make truly high end crafted items.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

If it is strictly for DoV stuff, they wouldn't announce it in a Hotfix today. They'd wait and mention it during the DoV patch notes, since it would apply to DoV items.
    Speculation is wonderful, but I'd love to see what Domino has to say on the subject.
  9. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    It is EQ2X and the expansion. They stated at Fan Faire that some of the really nice stuff in the expansion will be upgraded by crafters making it mastercrafted. For eq2x you can only use below legendary on the free accounts. If they did not make a distinction free accounts on eq2x would be able to use the ?best? gear in the expansion and that would hurt their income.
    Silat
  10. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

"Mastercrafted items that are actually better than Mastercrafted will now say so (such as MASTERCRAFTED LEGENDARY or MASTERCRAFTED FABLED).
    (Fan Faire request!) City Tokens are now also worth status. Guildhall Commodities Exporters and Sanya the General Goods merchant at City Festivals will now pay 250 status points for them, if you don’t wish to use them to purchase festival goods."

TalisX1 wrote:
    The highlighted red part from the update notes didnt make a lot of sense so I was hoping this was being discussed here.
    Is this supposed to be a designation that Item XX is mastercrafted but comparable to legendary or fabled dungeon drops and this tag will somehow designate that distinction?
    If so, will those items show up when searching for Tier of Legendary or Tier of Fabled on the broker, etc?
    What items is this affecting now? (has anyone seen the tag live in game yet?)
    Its interesting to say the least, curious to see what its intended use actually is.
  11. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Disregard my previous question. Apparently there is at thread for this in gameplay as well and the current items are being classified.
    This appears to be a EQ2x change as a sackcloth rug is listed as "Mastercrafted Legendary", DFC armor is also categorized as "Mastercrafted Legendary".
    Does anyone else find it odd that the EQ2X server is supposed to be a closed, special rules server but we are getting a lot of it bleeding into all the other servers? (time to read the writing on the wall perhaps?)
  12. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    The rules are different but the code base is the same. It's kind of like how PVP is a different world with different rules but the underlying code is the same. So a change to an item here is a change to an item there as well. They might use the designations to limit which items someone can buy on EQ2X, but on EQ2Live it's just a description. If anything when it comes to DoV and other sources of higher-quality crafted items it will let them stand out more from the standard MC.
  13. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Yep, the release note was not very clearly phrased, but it's basically just a cosmetic change to give more information about the item. The way the crafted label on items worked before, it would actually replace the labels that non-crafted items would have (e.g. treasured, legendary, fabled, mythical) with handcrafted or mastercrafted. So if an item displays "treasured", and then if we flagged it as a crafted item, it would display "mastercrafted" instead of "treasured". But if an item displays "fabled" and then we flagged it as a crafted item, it would also display "mastercrafted". Mastercrafted was just replacing the other flag and actually giving you less information. Now you see both.
    Most mastercrafted is treasured qualilty, but there are some items (particularly older ones I suspect) that will display as legendary. It doesn't actually change anything, but as we continue adding more higher quality items (and you will certainly be seeing some in Velious) it will just be a little extra information. And yes, as a nice side effect it'll also be useful for EQ2X folks to be quite clear which mastercrafted items they can and cannot equip on a bronze membership (and helpful also for the crafters making those items). In general more information is good for everybody. :D
  14. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Ahh that makes perfect sense -- the fact that it is crafted is an additional flag rather than a distinct quality. Given what (relatively little) I know about item rarity and how they do itemization that makes perfect sense -- the items had a regular rarity all along, it was just being hidden by the HC/MC designation. Good change then =)
  15. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Thanks Domino. Information is always good.. including new stuff like this - and sooner is better than later, cuts down on the tinfoil hat theories.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

The only sad thing of this is the confirmation that even the special crafting (requiring lots of faction work generally) is intentionally no better than the treasured stuff that gets instantly transmuted or sold to an NPC.
    I would have hoped even some of the current faction crafted items were intended to better than that.
    It is, however, good to think that maybe in the future they can use the distinctions of MC to allow some better crafted items into the game.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    It doesn't take much looking to tell that the crafted stuff is miles ahead of the treasured stuff that gets sold/transmuted. Doesn't matter what the label is.
    Hell, the regular MC stuff is miles ahead of the treasured crap from chests.
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Pardon my inability to grasp this currently . . . but Blood Iron armor is made from Blood Iron Ore which is classified as a Treasured drop. Given that, this new/altered tag appears to have nothing to do with materials needed to craft the item but is actually doing a comparison of the statistics of the item against Legendary and Fabled items within the same tier?
    What would cause a handcrafted house item such as a rug to get the Mastercrafted Legendary tag?
    I agree, more information is good with the caveat that we understand the information provided :D
  19. ARCHIVED-Didi Guest

mispost, removed - oops!
  20. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    If it's an across the board change, it wouldn't. Only way would be it house items would be tagged not to change, even if they used a rare or something special such as the Tunare flower call from Emerald Halls.
    The DFC blood armor is level 37. It's stats IIRC are less than MC 32 gear, mit is basically the same, resists might be diff as well as hp/pwr and certainly way less than 42 MC gear. Adorns can easily upgrade the MC gear. Most peeps use it for appearance gear.