Massively Reports FG merging with AB

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gillymann, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

2. Korucuu Well-Known Member

3. Zenji Well-Known Member

How is anyone surprised by this? The exact same thing happened to Stormhold. On Fallengate 2 nights ago had a wopping 21 people if you /who all. Of course the server was going to get merged with live.
    Siren, Bekkr and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Not surprised by the move to merge it.

Just question the choice to do so with AB. Would have been better for the players to merge it into a server that is more populated, because it's doubtful the incoming accounts will make a substantive difference to the population on AB.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think AB is just going to be the graveyard for dead TLE servers. At least until all of live is merged into 1 server.
    Siren and Gillymann like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Did you read the announcement on the EQ2 site? You know, the one that had this in the FAQ:

Q: Will there be free character transfers off of Fallen Gate before the merge?
    A: Character transfer tokens will be handed out to all characters on Fallen Gate on April 16, 2019.
    Cyrrena, Soara2, Siren and 2 others like this.
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention - I did not read the faq.

So basically, all the accounts that don't take the token will be transferred to AB, which reinforces Zenji's comment.

Eh. It is indeed positive that FG players are given an option to transfer to a server of their choice.
    Soara2, Zenji and Dude like this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

The real surprise here is they didn't have to wait a year like SH did.

The only real benefit here I see is to be able to persist the cash items you may have bought to a live server. The time to level someone past FG in live is very, very minimal.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dunno, I've been saying that this would be what would happen for months now.
    Soara2, Siren and Breanna like this.