Mass Production Prestige Skill

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by flameweaver, Nov 14, 2012.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Unless I'm misunderstanding it's effect this needs to be changed from a passive spell to a buff that can be cast or cancelled at will.

As it stands, for my provisioner, it's great I can makes 100's of food & drink items in a short space of time, but for my ranger/woodwork, again 100's of arrows is great, hundreds of bows - not so good. :rolleyes:

As I read it, for any TS class that can make consumable it will have some benefit, but not if the cost is mass production of one off items - weapons, armour, spells etc. For these, it's overkill.
  2. Naychan Member

It's selectable on a per combine basis. Pick item pick quantity craft. Then it resets to 1.
  3. Afista Well-Known Member

On the crafting window, you'll notice a little drop down box in the lower left hand side (default crafting window, not sure on modified UIs). This allows you to select how many of the item you wish to craft. As stated, the default is set to 1 item so you shouldn't end up with 100 bows unless you manuall select it : )
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks for the steer, much appreciated. ;)
  5. Kahonen Active Member

It's not working for writs using spells.

I select 5, it tells me I've produced 5, removes ingredients for 5 spells but then only updates writ by 1.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It's intended.

Mass production is supposed to be used to craft very fast the stuff you need (make stacks of food for your alts, get all your potions in one craft, fill your quiver faster). It's not intended to bypass the writs timer nor get 100x the xp for a single combine (if you craft 100 armor pieces on one combine, you only get the xp of the combine, not 100 time the xp).
    Feara likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I ran into a bit of an annoying bug when I tried mass production on my carpenter. I made 2 sets of 5 boxes to put on the broker and I ended up with a few different entries where I had to set the price. I had a stack of 5, 2 and 4 more on their own. Only 2 of the 10 had my name on the description.
  8. Miamya Guest

I've had it happen lots of times with other crafted items when placing on broker wheremultiple stacks start for form instead of adding to one. Usually removing the start of a new stack and then placing it again on broker will combine it to the right one. Sounds like you should be able to combine down to a stack of 8 and then a stack of 2 (the ones with name tagged). It's gotta be a bug that only 2 (for the 2 combines done) are tagged with the maker's mark. Should be all 10 with your name on it.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Correct, it's a shortcut for production, it won't help you with writs or XP.

Here's a guide, BTW: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Mass_Production_(EQ2)
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oh nice, I didn't know about the no-primary return. *goes away to update her own guide*
  11. Kahonen Active Member

I don't have a problem with this. What I do have a problem with is having to spend the prestige point to find it out and then having to spend the cash to respec from what to me is an otherwise totally pointless and useless ability. Perhaps SOE should have considered mentioning something in the description.
  12. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Everyone should've had one free reset. I used mine to get rid of experimentation on my Tailor (switched to Refine/Salvage).