MarketPlace....

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by iceverything, Jan 3, 2019.

1. iceverything Master of Respawning

FYI DB You NEVER did fix the GIFT feature so we could gift items. I am very disappointed that I could NOT send my friends ANY gifts for Frostfell.

Now Frostfell is over, the Frostfell items off the market & I look like a scrooge because I could not send gifts yet I was receiving gifts so I know it was working for some but not for all. :(:(:(:(:(
  2. Breta Well-Known Member

Didn't they promise they gonna extend the sale? I mean I'm not that suprised.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ratala like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

No sale on Thurgadin today - I tried to buy a couple of additional items earlier but was back to full price (less the usual 10%)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nothing will be fixed until the patch Jan 8, of course.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The $64,000,000,000,000 Question (adjusted for inflation) is, of course: will they keep the Marketplace items up long enough for us to be able to finish our holiday shopping? ;->

Iceverything, there may be hope for you yet; just tell your friends they'll get their goodies for Twelfth Night, and hopefully they'll appreciate the historical reference. Folks in the Society for Creative Anachronism tend to celebrate it on the second Saturday in January (largely for the post-Christmas sales on stuff ;->), regardless of whether or not it's the 5th or 6th of January (time being relative in the SCA, often along the lines of, "Meh, close enough."). :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Not to be the one to say the old sayings Iceverything, but its the thought that counts, which I understand does not help much when its you that feels you look like Scrooge. But you tried and the marketplace did not play nice with you, just send a lovely note to your friends that you attempted to purchase gifts for telling them that you attempted to get them gifts and were foiled by an SQL server but as soon as its fixed they will receive a gift, and it will be SURPRISE!!!, because they will just one day find it in their mailbox when things are fixed.

Everybody likes to get gifts and when they are not expecting it because there is no holiday or birthday near, it makes receiving it even more delightful.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Big time! It's probably why places like Amazon.com are doing so well, even getting stuff for yourself; stuff arriving in the mailbox that isn't a bill is always a joy! :D

If nothing else, you can tell them it's a "very merry un-birthday present" for them! :)

Uwk
    who receives many lovely surprises from Da Spouse when our favorite online t-shirt place has one of their sales :D
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You realize what we need: some Big Red Name Dawg out there to go: "SQL!" like the pooch in Up... ;->

Uwk
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

UP is the most sad movie I've ever seen and it was totally without warning.

*incoming stream of consciousness*

Oooooh, a feel good animated film. Let's see that! Wait. What happened? Noooooooooooooooo.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL! Oh, Dude, seriously, watch their collections of short movies; I think there are like 3 of them out now. This is Pixar. If they feel that storytelling includes yanking out hearts and stomping on them, then handing out Kleenexes afterwards for the mess, they will do so. All animation is, is another way to tell a story. ;->

Uwk
    who directs folks' attention to "Bao" and "Red's Dream," among others...bring Kleenex
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have a Very Merry Unbirthday, it is August 22nd. I have had it for 30 years now.

*runs off to put up BROOM MOUNT CAMPAIGN posters all over Norrath while humming a Very Merry Unbirthday*
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I prefer anything Minions and Secret Life of Pets.

Ooohh and the movies with the Garden Gnomes …. Gnomio and Juliet and the newer one, I cannot remember the name of.