Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Kenn Well-Known Member

Daybreak got way more money from the market place, like 10x, from me than I ever paid on subscription, which was monthly since launch.

I would like a category that saves my favorites. There are certain things I buy over and over and would like to look in my favorites category to find it.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

For the love of god please get rid of random grab bags or whatever someone called it, and I'm looking directly at Legends of Norrath loot cards when I say this.
    If I want to buy an item I want to buy that particular item, sometimes multiples of it ( like paintings or other LoN house items), what I do not want to do is buy a loot card and then get a random cloak from it, or some other thing, any thing really.
    LoN loot cards on market should give us a whole window to choose ONE item from it, not choose for us. You can be sure I will buy DB cash and buy those loot cards when I need a particular item.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Sometime I want the vault open and sometime I want it kept closed. Like everyone else, I want it open when there is something I missed getting. Some of the time I want it closed because some of the vaulted items are things people worked hard to earn or spent a lot of money to get. I like the idea of rotation you mentioned. I do think the option to purchase vault items should be for sub players only. (Covers ears to block the sound of booing and closes eyes to not see the birds being shot at me.)
  4. Cassta Well-Known Member

Absolutely yes for more sales and more discounts! I really like the "benefit for cumulative volume of purchases" idea and vote yes. I am not sure what the anniversary package is. Is it the packs you can buy separately? I like the idea of new packs with different items. Maybe one for leveling familiars, mercs and mounts with potions and a backpack. Another one could be for leveling TS and adventuring exp with potions and a backpack. Maybe one with a celestial merc, celestial familiar and a backpack. Another could be a new mount (a flying unicorn) with appearance armor and a backpack. There could be a backpack one with several large backpacks. BTW all the backpacks need to be large ones. :D
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Cassta Well-Known Member

I'm going to steal your idea Alarra and use your format. :p LOL

1. Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    Yes. I would guess a minimum of 8 months of the year.
    2. Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    Somewhat but the search field at the bottom really helps.
    3. Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    Ditto to a frequently purchased item area.
    4. Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    Ditto to OP.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

There goes my carpenter sales! :D LOL
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yes to currency consolidation!
    Griffon Lady and Breanna like this.
  8. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yes to increased members discount! :D
    Griffon Lady, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

DITTO!
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cassta Well-Known Member

DITTO!
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Xavion Well-Known Member

oh few more things i thought of
    • battle damaged armor pieces like id love to have like a broken chunked armor thats like got huge gashes in it or a whole chunk of metal torn away or holes in it like you just got out a huge battle and are torn up maybe take some cool armor sets and make em into a battle damaged version.
    • bloody battle damage tattoos like gashes,holes,scratches, maybe rot or muscle showing, maybe like variety of em
    Cassta likes this.
  12. Carynn Well-Known Member

I use the marketplace regularly for pots. It's pretty easy to use as it's laid out. I would use it A LOT MORE if LON items were parsed out by item, rather than by RNG packs. Wouldn't mind if you added old mercs and old familiars from past expansions, too.
    Marae and Cassta like this.
  13. Rupee New Member

Something I would buy - items from past collectors editions. I came to the game later in life...So I missed out on some of those neat items. :) I have seem some other games do it..and because I was playing that game at the time, I bought up everything. :D
    Rattophaxe, Juraiya, Finnya and 2 others like this.
  14. Hechada New Member

Remove the gambling. There are many things that I would purchase if I knew what I was buying. I have no qualms about people being able to "fast track" - though you'll get less resistance if it's the norm that you can also acquire these things through a gameplay route (where the RNG element is fine).

If you remove the gambling I'd probably spend more money than now. It would also avert the class action that's on the horizon for in game loot boxes.
    Juraiya, Griffon Lady and Cassta like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

A flying unicorn mount, please. Seems like it would be easy to put a horn on an existing pegasus or wings on a unicorn. I would like more bundles in house furnishings, pets, plushies and building blocks. There are many now, however, there are quite a few items not available in a bundle. The RNG in LoN packs is awful and really needs to be adjusted. Very rarely, regardless of the number of packs opened, do you win one of the more highly desirable loot cards. Adjusting the RNG to have these items pop more often would be great. I do not think we should be able to purchase the specific item we want, as it would take the fun out of it. Getting a loot card, especially the one you want, was a gamble in LoN why should it be different in EQ2?
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  16. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I use the marketplace when I need items can only get there but please fix the search feature. I can spend half a day looking through every single thing there before I find what I want because it isn't called what I think it is.
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I second this. As much as I despise micro transactions in gaming, if that is what is truly necessary to keep this game alive, then let's at least just break apart the loot crates and have each individual item available to purchase at a set price.
    Juraiya, Griffon Lady, Finnya and 4 others like this.
  18. Shadowfoot New Member

Please stop the Random Crates or change the amount of coins it takes to purchase the items (7000 is stupid) for those that are unlucky on random luck.

I take myself as a decent player and have always tried to min/max my character to the best that I can be and to help my guild as a DPS/Utility class.

I am now sitting without 3 items that are considered P2W; the Mount, the Mercenary, and the recently released Familiar Boost which equals to a gap of 59 Fervor, 28 Fervor OverCap, 1405 Potency, and 5.7 ADC for all three..

The worse part of this I have accumulated over 4000 coins (est over $500 spent) and I still need to spend $500 more to even have a chance on any of these with my current luck.

If another item is released on a crate, I will be significantly behind and will not be able to enjoy the game among my peers and the ONLY opportunity to better myself is to excessively spend real life money to beat a mechanic that should of never been put into this game.
    Griffon Lady, Finnya and Mercychalice like this.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

This was literally the first thing that popped into my brain.

The trend to have random rewards in a particular item in the marketplace is straight bunk.
    If I want a healer merc, just let me buy one.
    If I want a familiar that looks like a whatever - just lemme buy it for appearance.
    If I want sparkly hands that are from some Legends of Norrath Season 1 from like 2005... please, just let me buy it.
    Examining some marketplace crate that offers a 1 in XX chance of getting the item I'd like is just poo - and subsequently just makes me not buy it at all.

...and flip flops.

Also - here's to seeing like 20 of this type of threads regarding marketplace / loyalty vendor / etc et al "polls" that ended up yielding zero changes.

And another also -
    In my humble opinion, items purchased on the marketplace shouldn't increase or overcap the power on a particular character - be it via loot crate mounts / infusers / whatever. For me, it simply undermines the hard work and dedication that's put into ever other aspect of the game.
  20. Jumjumbandito Active Member

Sorry I am just seeing this since I can't log and and am scanning the Forums...

Couldn't agree more about the random loot things, but I see why it is done.

Another thing I would like to see: Bring back some of the older mounts from Level Boosts. I am speaking of Opegaz and Coldain Pegasus, mostly.
    Rattophaxe and Cassta like this.