Marketplace not working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Deloran, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Grabs Uwk's other paw, come on, we all need a meeting and Breanna said we could stop on the way for doughnuts. You do not need any more characters slots, I do not either but as I stated earlier, I caved and bought another slot *blushes*.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  2. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Also still broken on Skyfire. I have enough DB cash to buy what I want, way more than enough. I have 1800 db cash, trying to buy an item that's 100, which would be 60 after sale price. As soon as I hit the purchase button it sends me to payment sources for credit card/db game card/paypal etc.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Krajug New Member

Still broken, giving a 10% discount instead of 40%. Just bought an item for 1,000, was charged 900 instead of the 600 it listed as the price. Opened ticket.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I still have a free character slot sitting in /claim - been there for years, I think.....

*backs slowly away from Uwk....*
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ok Cyrrena I really don't think these meetings help at all, we keep going and going and still just can't help it and poor Rhodris now has to hide (don't worry we'll find her) because she has a free character slot just laying around and not used. It is obvious she don't need the meetings, or maybe they do work and we just don't pay enough attention.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/perking_up

How do we know it's only one character slot...there could be more there, They never tell us anything about how many we actually have... :D

Uwk
    wondering if They are behind these "Alta-holics Anon" meetings in the first place... /ponder
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

I bet you are right Uwk I am always up for a good conspiracy. They give us a certain amount and then a free slot and it hooks us in so we get more! And I bet that is why the meetings are not working. We'll have to do some further investigating I think.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think we go for the doughnuts.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

Doughnuts and Baaccoooonn!!!! We need to start bringing Bacon :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  10. Bluhr Member

I tried submitting a ticket for each of my accounts where I've been overcharged for marketplace items but even the customer support portal is broken. After submitting a ticket on one account, logging out, then logging back in again with a different account, the portal shows I've already submitted a ticket. It shows me the ticket was submitted under the name of my second account, and not my first one. But if I log out, and back in with my first account again, now the support portal shows the ticket was submitted by my first account. Given the issues with the marketplace these last few days, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that even the customer support portal is not coded correctly.
  11. iceverything Master of Respawning

I hope DB gets the GIFT to working BEFORE the SALE ENDS! Id spend more if I could GIFT!
    Or is it that the Lifers dont get full All Access?
  12. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Yes be careful on your purchases people are not getting 40% off. Only the 10%. The discount shows as correct BEFORE you buy the item.. but it charges you the actual amount for what would normally be 10% off.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...that bug, I haven't run across personally yet, but I'm not terribly surprised that one reared its ugly head, either. :-/

Haven't tried to gift yet, but there are rumblings that they will be extending the sale.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. iceverything Master of Respawning

That would explain how I burned though 3k DB tonight when I bought but a hand full of items that cost no more than 350 full price. Let me into my account info and I could check!
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I reported 2 years ago when the huge sale on yearly memberships was going on that after purchasing the yearly pre-paid subscription, gifting was not available. On one account, gifting became available a month after the year sub purchase, the other account never got gifting back, both accounts still had almost 60 days left on the existing sub when the yearly sub was purchased.
  16. Bluhr Member

After reporting this through the customer support portal, I got back a canned "no refunds" message.
    I responded to customer support that not honoring an advertised discount is false advertising, and since they actually collected the non discounted price, it could be considered theft. I suspect the message I got was a quick canned one, so maybe my response will actually get the attention of someone who actually reads the whole message and checks the transactions.
  17. Mazcote Yarquest Active Member

Yea, this happened to me as well. I submitted a support ticket and got a response something to effect of "make sure you have the full purchase price available"... is that even legal to do, I mean shouldn't they be honoring the advertised sale price?
    I mean, if my local grocery market has a loaf of bread on sale normally $3.99 but this week only marked down to $2.99, can they ask me to have $3.99 available to purchase the bread?

I guess my next stop may have to be Twitter and/or Facebook with screenshots of that conversation, I'm sure theres a legal expert among the hundred or even thousands of people who may see it.

I just bought the Lifetime Subscription also... bummer
  18. Arcos Active Member

Just bought 2 slots and account showing 1800 DBC spent while on screen assured me it was only 1200. Something really screwy.
  19. Feldon Well-Known Member

I believe EQ2 Census and Marketplace are on the same server. Also the Character Select list on the Launcher comes from Census. EQ2 Census having been taken offline affects several things.
  20. Krajug New Member

Any official statement from Daybreak on this? Will they offer the sale again after the issue is fixed or should we just buy now and petition after?