Marketplace Items: A Mysterious Gigglegibber Asks You to Step Right Up!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Aug 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

In addition to the items made by Norrath’s amazing and friendly crafters (available through trades and the in-game broker), you can purchase an assortment of services, items and features with Station Cash from the EQII in-game Marketplace, to enhance your gameplay experience. Appearance armor, mounts, prestige homes, and server transfer tokens are just some of the items available. New items are added to the Marketplace weekly!
    The Goblin Games Ticket (New)
    [IMG]
    Purchase your tickets to play a new mini-game feature for a variety of prizes! When you use your Goblin Games ticket, a mysterious Gigglegibber will appear and offer you a choice of one of three mini-games: Goblin Grub, Decoration Duplication, or Statue Streak. Pick your game and play for a chance at one of many great prizes, including a new currency – Gigglegibber Gold – that can be used to purchase some items in the Marketplace as well! If you don’t succeed in your mini-game quest the first time around, fear not! The ticket will remain in your inventory until you win a prize.
    Here is one of the exclusive prizes, the Pridewing Lion (New), available only in the Goblin Games prize crates:
    [IMG]
    Gigglegibber Gear Gimlet(New)
    The Gigglegibber Gear Gimlet presents an opportunity previously unseen in Norrath! With this item, you can unattune one previously attuned item. The item must be unequipped for the Gigglegibber Gear Gimlet to work. These items are one of the random loot prizes from the new Goblin Games or are available for purchase using Gigglegibber Gold only.
    Felwithe Mansion(Featured)
    Watch the video here!
    The comforts of a luxurious indoors are combined with the opulence of natural outdoors in this week’s featured prestige home, the Felwithe Mansion. From the grand foyer to the impressive staircases, the architecture is a true sign of prestige. The presence of waterfalls, trees, and other natural elements throughout the mansion keep those who live here “down to earth.”
  2. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Note: The Felwithe Mansion can be purchased at a reduced price this week. Look for it in the Marketplace *Sale* category!

~Dexella
  3. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Oh man.. I think that's one of the coolest mounts in game! It's a shame it's probably almost impossible to get without spending a whole lot of SC. :-/
  4. ARCHIVED-IvyBlackrose Guest

you guys need to give everyone the 1 free ticket a day just like you do in DCUO its only fair that a person should be able to get a chance to win goblin tokens without buying them from the cash shop......so I think it should be the same way
  5. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

Love my new mount!

Just use your monthly 500 SC to get five free spins. Heeh.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

Oh NOOOO don't tell my husband about the lion or he will know where all the sc is going. I love it !! Must have it!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

IvyBlackrose wrote:
    I agree that giving subscribers access to these tickets would be a really cool feature.
    I don't even think it really needs to be 1 a day, even once a week and I'd be happy.
    Of course, since subscribing gives 500 SC a month it could be argued that we already have that abiilty. Unfortunately, as a station access subscriber I don't get the 500 SC or I'd probably use it on this.
  8. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Dexella wrote:
    I have a question about this.
    This just unattunes an item so you can give to another character of yours, but does not unattune the adornments, right?
  9. ARCHIVED-Iza Guest

Is it just me or are the models looking more and more WoW-ish (cartoonish, that is)? First the wolves now the lions. Why is the art going downhill?
  10. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

I found three goblin tickets in /claim.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

ChrissyFaey wrote:
    Indeed! We'll be posting more news about this soon, but there are free goblin games tickets (amount depends on your membership level) in your "/claim" window!
    ~Dexella
  12. ARCHIVED-Gwynn Guest

Where do you spend the Goblin Gold? Do you have to bring up another Game?
  13. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Gwynn wrote:
    There is a category in the Marketplace called "Play for Prizes." You can buy additional Goblin Games tickets there, and also purchase items available for Goblin Gold.
  14. ARCHIVED-Teak Guest

I'm not downing the idea of the goblin mini-games, as I think it an interesting idea. But the games themselves? Very disappointing. A click-fest and two SIMPLE memory games is not my idea of fun.
    I was expecting something even mildly entertaining... a quick (2 or 3 minute) adventure where you have to figure out a puzzle of who-done-it or something... something along the lines of "The Haunting" or "There Will Be Ghosts" (altho not with the same solution every time.) The games you currently have are suited for a child in kindergarten at most.
    I really hope you plan on QUICKLY pushing out more entertaining and challenging games than these or please just let us spend 100 SC to buy the Mysterious Crate. It would save us the 20 seconds it takes to complete these ridiculously simple "games".
    I rarely post and really hate to sound so negative, but I was anticipating something more fun than this.
  15. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Is the lion in the crate? I can't actually find him in the listed prizes.
  16. ARCHIVED-Torvos Guest

Dexella wrote:
    This isn't true. Unattuners are available in LoN, and have been for well over a year now.
    http://legendsofnorrath.station.son...e/unattuner.jpg

They were released as a part of the Dragonbrood series, Back in 2010.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

vexrm wrote:
    He is only available in the crate; he's not available for Goblin Gold or Station Cash, so he won't show up on the list in the Marketplace.
  18. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Should he show up on the list of what could be in the crate because he currently doesn't.

Edit: Adding pic so you can see.

[IMG]
  19. ARCHIVED-Arrowheart Guest

vexrm wrote:
    Probably overlooked it as its not named Pridewing Lion (as stated in the article) but it is there (at least on ticket):
    Majestic Pridewing (right below Magical Storm whistle) and it also shows down in the icon/image area, far left side a few rows down.
  20. ARCHIVED-vexrm Guest

Trickshot@Vox wrote:
    My stupidity. I was looking for pridewing first