Marketplace Item Gifting Now Available!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Nov 23, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-chazhailey Guest

Holy Cheezits people... WTH is wrong with some of you? It's a GIFT PROGRAM.. it's so we can BE NICE to people... Sure, there are buttheads out there who will find a way to turn a buck on it. So freaking what?

Mr. I leave groups when people break out fluff pets.. Really? Buh bye.. Cya.. Don't care. Go solo something or log out and stomp on kittens for a while.

To those who want a "refuse" button. Huh? I mean, maybe if you're being stalked, then anyone on your ignore list shouldn't be able to give you things; but a "screw you I don't want your gift" button? Merry Christmas? Happy Birthday? WTH is wrong with you? Do like any other person would and politely take it and re-gift or trash the thing.

SoE has responded to the demands of a large majority of the players. Something they don't always even care to do. It's NOT game-breaking. Get over it.. Go PLAY.

Sheesh... /sigh

/petition to ban holidays.. Unfair to people who hate fun stuff.
    /petition to remove inter-player chat channels and the tell system, can be used to give people advantages finding groups etc...
  2. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    I wouldn't cite those sources in a paper, and therefore don't find them credible.
    Here's a much better resource. Read it at your leisure.
    http://virtual-economy.org/files/Le...-Strategies.pdf
  3. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Oleary@The Bazaar wrote:
    If you'd actually read the points people brought up, you'd understand why both of your suggestions do not work. Even if someone on your ignore list can't send you a gift, all they have to do is log on an alt/make a new alt and go for it. There are problems with ignore, but that's probably best left for another thread.

A refuse button does not have to have a "screw you" attached to it. Unlike RL you CAN'T regift a marketplace gift. (Or return or exchange, with the current system.) They are all no-trade or heirloom. At best you could pass it to another alt, but if it's something you have no use for... you're left destroying it. It's not even just not wanting a particular gift, although that is a good reason. I mean, what if two people sent the same gift? You may love that poison prowler, but how many do you really need? If your alts don't need one, your only option is to destroy it. Not everyone is comfortable with just destroying their friends' money - especially considering there are some expensive items on the marketplace. (I would hope most people would be unhappy with that option!)
    I'm glad they're working on adding this option. Wouldn't it be better for a friend to send an item back, so you could send them something else, or at least not lose your money like that? I know I'd be happier with that, instead of them just destroying it so no one gets use out of it.

There are many perfectly good reasons to request a "return" button, there does not have to be a malicious intent behind it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

JoarAddam wrote:
    more then likely they will put up a red light camera to increase revenue.
    SC is here to saty, gifting is just the next logical step, the only perfected method of showing displeasure is to leave and take your business to a game that may or may not follw the same path to added income. Sorry, this is not a game but a business venture, and the bottom line to and business venture is to increase the income generated by this This is just another method of increase the bottom line
  5. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Vortexelemental@The Bazaar wrote:
    hmm no where did you ask for "sources" that could be sited in a paper, you asked "But, whose definition is that?" those are some definitions, if you wanted statements that could be sited in a research paper you should have been more specific and accurate in your requests, you got exactly what you asked for.
    At this point I personally do not care if they make everything available via station cash, it will come eventually no matter what anyone says, deal with it and accept or leave those are the choices. This is a business, and the primary intent of a business is to make money for the stock holders
  6. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    If you really want to argue semantics, I won't bother and explain.
    Beyond that, I have accepted that and I'm actually using SoEs resources for free at the moment, meaning I am not and nor have I in months paid them a cent.
    In fact, you are agreeing with me.
    All I have been trying to show people is that this won't stop where it is at, and will continue.
  7. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Oleary@The Bazaar wrote:
    I'm still curious to know exactly who and how big this large demand is.
    Really are there that many people in EQ2 that like to give away their hard earned real life money to someone they only know in a pixel?
    If so .. please send all your cash .. frak plat & SC .. to me:
    Kaisha Triol
    POB 12345
    Middle of Nowhere, AZ 81234
    Please & Thank you!
    I'll be your EQ2 Friend for as long as it takes the Check to clear! I promise! .....
    Really, as far as I can see the only other use for this system (other than "buying" plat & favors in game) is to be able to keep all your SC $$ on your main account and then use the gifting program to 'give' SC items to your alts. This way was probably 'easier' than figuring out how to make Heirloom understand [Same Owner / Different Account ].
  8. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    As for as all the "rage", no comment....
    This last bit was of interest, as for who would do this....I would.
    I play with my son and do not want him to use SC without permission, so we now add it to my account and I gift him stuff, he is getting a 65% mount for one day of Hanukkah, works great for us, I see where this could be abused but show me a game that does not have potential for abuse?
  9. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Sabere@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Actually, that would still be giving to an alt account. Your kid's account under the age of 18 would still be your account.
    And, you could still give him a SC card and let him pick out his own gift. Good way to teach him how to use a buget, too.
    Start him out with a $5.00 sc card and say that's all you get for X time. You: "You get to decide what you want to buy but there will be no more to replace that till you earn more by doing chores" .. etc .. etc ..
  10. ARCHIVED-Caltros Guest

I appreciate the tip, we already do allowance and minutes/texts on his cell phone, I just like to make sure when he is spending MY money we agree on what will be bought.
    If he wanted to use his allowance I would put it on his account.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Well sure, but its been clear for years now that they were perfectly fine with plat sales as long as they are the facilitator.

SoE, please add subscription payments to the marketplace and make them giftable. I very much want to offer 250p in exchange for a months subscription paid.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    By 30 day game cards with plat like everyone else does.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Gaige wrote:
    How is that not a eula violation?
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    /shrug
    Just offering you a solution to your problem sir.
  15. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

I'd sure like to gift my 2nd account (with no sc currently) a character transfer token. Why are all the services available to gift but that one?
  16. ARCHIVED-Tsunai Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Tsunai Guest

I've had to remove some attempts at derailing the thread here. Please keep posts pertinent to the topic of the OP.
    Thanks!
  18. ARCHIVED-JoarAddam Guest

quiarrah wrote:
    That's you, though. There are some crazy stalkers on this game who roll alts just to harass people. I don't think a lot of female players here would like a "i think you would look sexy in this" email 10X a day from a guy they've never met IRL whom they think is a freaking tool in game and are seriously afraid he's going to go all Zaboo on them one day and just show up at their house, demanding loving because he feels he's got a right after all the gifts he's given her. I wholly support a "return to sender" button .
    If we hadn't all read the horror stories on various boards (here, when they had server forums), the "other" eq2 forum whos name shall not be written, foh boards, some blogs, etc. we wouldn't think it was a possibility.
    Heck, I used to know a guy who bought up all the warden masters back during the DoF days on Kithicor because he had a theory that more wardens were female than male, and this was a way for him to get a tell from some of them. They'd send him tells to negotiate for the price... He also had a pit trap in his inn room where when you came in you *had* to climb stairs to get into the main area and there was a carpet that looked great, but you fell through if there was nothing under it... so you're stuck in this little oubliette and not everyone knows about /house so what do you do? you call out? it's on a 60 minute timer, and you just used your call to go to this house to buy a master on the cheap for 3p50g and no broker fees, a crapload of money, but it could be worse. you could have paid the extra 40% ON IT... there's no call to guild hall yet because they don't exist, and you haven't finished "Becoming a Maj'Dul Citizen" yet and you're not one of the classes (there were no racials that included evac back then) that can... so you send a tell to the guy.
    nice, huh?
  19. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

JoarAddam wrote:
    This I understand. From a purely theoretical stand point. Sadly I've never had a stalker .. crazy or otherwise. *sniffle* But, I have known people who have been harrassed by idiots, in-game and a few out-game at FFs.
    But, I'd also 2nd the request/suggestion from someone in this thread, that the Ignore feature work for SC purchases as well. And, I really wish they'd get off their duffs and fix it so that /ignore worked all Characters created on that Account! If you didn't like the 1 character, why would you like another character created by the same person? A sleeze is still a sleeze no matter what clothing they wear.
    That way the stalkers would have that much more trouble with the whole stalking thing.
    I'd have to guess (hope) that anyone on a Trial Account would not be able to purchase / gift SC items.
  20. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    +1
    Eve kept me around for alot longer than I would have stayed otherwise cause I could trade in game currency to other players in exchange for them paying for my game time.
    I could see the same thing working here, but it would add fuel to the anti-raider factions (even though coin can be earned easily other ways).