Marketplace Fire Wings...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by PurpleChicken, Jun 28, 2018.

1. PurpleChicken Active Member

I just got the new fire wings mount from the marketplace, and I can't see them in game. My friend can see that I am using them, but to me I am running through the air. I have mounts on. I can see all my other mounts and wings. My character is a half elf, and also can't see the wings in arasai illusion form.

Please fix this, I was very happy to have wings that went well with my character.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

First, get out of game, start the Launchpad, and click the Advanced Tools button (it has crossed hammer and wrench) and ask it to Validate your files.

If that doesn't get it, I'd suggest you try turning up graphics settings.
  3. PurpleChicken Active Member

I tried that. It didn't fix it, sadly.

I just forced an update of the video card driver, which was just updated last week so that's probably not going to fix it.

One of my guildmates can definitely see them in-game. At least two others can't, and of those that can't see it we all seem to have different video cards. I hope this can be fixed.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

You don't see the wings on your character, but can you see them in the preview window?
  5. PurpleChicken Active Member

No, I couldn't see them in the preview window. I thought I'd see them in the game. I don't. :(

I tried loading the game on another computer, and I still can't see them. I changed my graphics settings to match my friend who can see them, and I still can't see them. :(
  6. PurpleChicken Active Member

Also, with the wings set as either the mount I'm using or as the cosmetic appearance I still see my cloak as if I have mount appearances turned off. I do not have mount appearances turned off.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

You can see other wings in that slot, mount or cosmetic, just not the fire ones?
  8. PurpleChicken Active Member

Yes. All my other mounts still have graphics, and I have the frostfell wings and the tinkerfest wings. It's just the fire wings that I can't see. I logged in my second account, and I can't see the wings from that account either. (I didn't buy them on that one, but she can't see them equipped on my other char, either.)
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Those wings look REALLY nice. I hope you can get it resolved. Wish I had some suggestions for you, but I don't. :(
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. PurpleChicken Active Member

I did a bug report. None of the 3 accounts and computers in my house can see these wings. My friend can see them whose settings are all low for graphics.

Who can see them? Who cannot? Is there some common setting, race, computer detail...something?
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

There is a setting that has to do with particle effects, I don't recall the exact name off the top of my head. however.

Open your settings window, make sure you click advanced in the upper right corner. It'll take some time + trial and error but there should be a setting that has to do specifically with effect size and draw distance.

Also, I know this is something you've probably already tried, just in case: have you scrolled your camera all the way in and out to see if view distance makes a difference?
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I don't remember offhand where in options, instead you can use the slash command.
    /r_particle_priority 0 will allow to see particles, and
    /r_particle_priority 1 will remove particles

Very handy for when you do graphics intensive stuff and don't "really" need the particle effects.
    Tekka likes this.
  13. PurpleChicken Active Member

I've tried changing particles, and I still can't see them. All I see is my cloak, and my char running through the air.

Scrolling in and out also didn't fix it.
  14. Breanna Well-Known Member

Try going into your character window and clicking hide cloak, I think it's under options on your character window.
  15. PurpleChicken Active Member

I have also tried that. Then she's running through the air the same as before but without a cloak graphic. Still no wings. :(

This mount has no visual for some people, it is broken. Both of my accounts and my husband's account can't see it. At least two other guildmates also can't see it. I purchased this mount with daybreak cash/real money and I really hope that they make it visible for everyone.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Do you have any illusions on your character? Go into your character options, and try checking "hide illusion form".

I don't know if that's your problem, but when you said, "character running through the air," that's what I've seen before with certain illusion forms when on a flying mount of any sort. (Including with wings.) I've actually found the sight of it quite amusing, but not so much when you have a beautiful set of wings you would like to actually see.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. PurpleChicken Active Member

I actually turned on illusion to see if it would fix it because it was off. Now I'm flying around as an arasai with no fire wings because at least an arasai flying through the air makes a little more sense than a half elf.

I sent a petition, but I'm not sure what they can do.
  18. Tekka Well-Known Member

That exhausts my technical knowledge of what it could be, sorry I couldn't be more help.

I hope you get the issue resolved, it sucks when you can't see the pretty, and worse when you bought the pretty you can't see.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

How about disrobing and taking off everything, buffs/appearance items/mount, all. Stand there in your skivvies and wings and see what happens. Maybe even try zoning once you've disrobed just to "set" the fact you have nothing on.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Did anyone PM ttobey or other art team members?
    Rosyposy likes this.