Market Purchase Boost

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gilliadson, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Gilliadson New Member

I am contemplating deleting a character to make a different class in that slot. Yes I know I can purchase additional slots to expand my roster but I am not wanting to do that at this time. I used a marketplace purchased boost on the character in question and I know in Old EQ If I deleted a character that I had used a Marketplace boost on, the boost would be returned to use an another character. Does that apply in this game also?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. You will not get the boost back. It's been used.
    Siren, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Gilliadson New Member

Thanks for the info
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

They will most likely have a boost with the next expansion
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Gilliadson, please don't forget that you can at least betray and change to your mirror class even with the boosted character you've already got. (If you're a Pally, you could become a Shadowknight, or if you're a Warden you could become a Fury, etc.) All your spells will go back to Apprentice, but you can keep all your gear, and if you ever betray back, your old spells (masters, experts etc.) will still be there waiting.

Betraying Neriak to Kelethin is a lot faster than Freeport to Qeynos, FYI, but if it's a neutral class (not one bound to FP like SK or Q like Pally), I think you only have to betray halfway to change the class. I only ever did it on Old Nagafen PvP server to bring Freep classes Q-side, though, so I'm not sure how to do the halfway thing.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

If it's on a live server, you can just purchase a token from the loyalty vendor and immediately betray. One word of warning: If that change makes you change alignments, don't use the token in the city where you bought it.
    Geroblue, Rosyposy, Siren and 3 others like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha!... Or you'll immediately be attacked everywhere you go, even though you're not on a PvP server? :p
    Soara2, Geroblue, Dude and 1 other person like this.