March 13th Update Notes

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mohee, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Mohee Active Member

Can we get some more clarification on this? This statement seems very vague and doesn't really explain anything.
    Are you talking about just the spell particles? Or actual timers/damage/mechanics of the AoE's?
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I am sure it will just be the particles
    I don't think the actual mechanics will be changed.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

It has to be mechanics. Particle effects don't create lag to the server. Whether these are changes to the back end of how it works so the encounter stays the same or if they are changes to the mechanics themselves that are causing issues is anyones guess.
  4. Gninja Developer

Yes, mechanics were changed to reduce lag however players should not see a change to the way things work. The way things were done in the background were just done in a different way that causes less lag.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Were the Bard/BL prestiges changed for the same reason? For lag reduction? If so, is Elemental Toxicity going to be looked at any time soon?
  6. Mohee Active Member

Touching on Ele-Tox, on a group of training dummies, according to ACT, there's about 700-1100 hits total in about 5 seconds. I can only imagine the giant encounter groups in HE + All the temp buffs and additional procs in the mage group happening at the same time. Probably looking at thousands of hits per second. I'm sure thats what is causing Conjy's & Necro's to crash. Their yellow number in the F11 window spikes to over 2 million. (sorry... by crash I mean booted to character select screen)

Something should be done, or it'll just get worse over time.
  7. Uncle Active Member

well tonight when we went in to Harrow and sleepers the lagg was actually worse then it normally was we were gettign 2-3 sec button lagg and 2 sec spikes
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It was worse for us in PoW as well :(
  9. Uncle Active Member

well we went into HE and POW tongiht and yeha it was horable and even had POW zone crash on us