Mara Harvesting bags

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-illaria, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Aenashi Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    how about extend the harvesting quest to increase the slots of the bag and make it a "tinkered" or some sort of version that allows for the holding of unstable materials /shrugs
  2. ARCHIVED-dropdoff Guest

It would be nice if it could be combined with the Artisan Epic. Maybe doing a couple of things that would allow us to upgrade our Artisan Epic items and the Harvest bag and items.
    Travel around pick up some things craft some things and turn them in for upgraded items.
    I would like to see it as at least a 40 slot bag 48 would be better. Letting it hold fuels would be nice since it already holds some of the provy items.
    The only caveat I would like is that the harvesting levels doesn't change a whole lot. Some of my toons are high tradeskillers but lower adventure level. One of the things I liked about the two quests is that with little or no help it can easily be done.
  3. ARCHIVED-Krooner Guest

Would be nice of we could someday get a crafting station with a fuel tank. Just load it up woth like 3 stacks of fuels.
  4. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Krooner wrote:
    It would be nice if they could just automatically charge us somehow and eliminate the handling of the basic fuels.
  5. ARCHIVED-Antryg Mistrose Guest

At the time they were implemented, various "bags" were great for low strength chars and tradeskillers. I'm thinking of the collection bags (large, huge etc), the sewn-evil-eye HQ, the young dragon one in bonemire. Even Null entropy? (the 99% weight reduction dropped ones).
    Sadly their sizes have not kept pace. The only non-crafted box even my mage now carries is a Null Entropy one in case SoE do a sneaky with heavy stuff - the whole concept of bags rather than boxes has gone.
    I'd love a larger harvesting/crafting/fuel bag, as an HQ or crafter quest, it could be relatively long/painful like the harvesting cloak, given the reward.
    In general though the the overall utility of "bags" rather than "boxes" could also do with a look (but please don't penalise low strength classes). I daresay making it so you can't carry boxes would do it.
  6. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    It might be fun if for some of the components were red shinies -added in say mara for instance or from a couple of different locations and then craft the bag or components for the bags.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    (thank you btw, for a serious answer....)
    It should be made from Skins... and the skins we have to get aren't necessarily rare (no VP drops please) in places that take some work and time to get to.
    call it something like "The bag of 100 skins"... something along the lines of "harvesting obsession" in terms of volume of skins required to make it. (I actually liked that quest btw, wish there was a follow up)
    I tend to like quests more that are " go 100 places " than "sit in 3 places harvesting till you're blind trying to get 3 rares"
  8. ARCHIVED-Purr Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    The amount of work/questing involved should be tied to how many more slots we'd get. While making it a simple one combine that uses the old bag = some rare(s) would be sufficient for maybe +10 slots I'm hoping for a [Seriously Big Bag] and I'm more than willing to invest my time and work in it.
    A combination of harvesting and crafting sounds reasonable. Maybe even doing a variation of the 4 different daily mara instances that want 9 different combines and a final one per instance which would each net an item, and those would then be combined with the old bag into the final big bag... Just an idea.
    I might be slightly crazy, but I'm really hoping for a [Seriously Big Bag] (100 slots ?)
    *waits for Domino to give her >The Eye<*
    Purr~
  9. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I think Qho oughta get a sudden hankering for huge quantifties of fish.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jacobian21 Guest

Blambil@Nagafen wrote:
    You make it sound like these should be body drops...? Keep in mind this is a harvesting/crafting bag we are talking about.. it shouldn't require you to kill anything since not all crafters are high level adventurers.
  11. ARCHIVED-Looker1010 Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thank you for your reply Domino.
  12. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

Jacobian21 wrote:
    We harvest the pelts from dens.....so that could work.
  13. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I like the idea of it being a combination of harvesting and crafting. It would be cool if the folks at mara sent us to talk to other crafters to find them a new recipe to make the seriously big bag. Then we could harvest pelts from dens to make it with (like the other poster said about making the bag from many skins). I like the idea of it being for level 70 + crafters too.
  14. ARCHIVED-DaemosDaen Guest

I'm not really sure, on the one hand if it's just the size of a comon tailored T9 backpack, I'ed just use the rare T9 backpack I have already, unless the quest was not that difficult (maybe about as hard as the solo token quest) (add 1 row)
    If it was the size of of my T9 rare packpacks, I'ed think about somthing as difficult as the group crafting instance. (add 2 rows)
    If you made it a few rows bigger (4 slots to a row in my UI) I'd think about doing somthign as difficult as the Crafter epic, BEFORE the heirloom change. (add 4 rows)
    If you added a few more rows, and you can have me resupply Mara again. (the harvester cloak) (add 6 rows)
    and for a few more rows, You could have me do somthing as difficult as trying to level a crafter a few levels back BEFORE the cross class subcombines were added, INCLUDING the chance of being EXPLODED by the crafitng stations... Repetedly... BOOM!!!! /twitch. (add 8 rows)
    (note; while I do not miss subcombines, I do miss the chance of being killed if your not paying attention "Forge does 4000 points of heat damage" "Loading Please Wait")

(edit; typing at 1 am is hard)
  15. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I totally support that idea.

Mara bag is smaller but it helps me a lot to sort my stuff, and allowing fuel to be placed inside will be welcome.
    I simply wonder if fuel item have a special tag, if not running a script to tag them all is certainly beyond SOE current ability to make things.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

illaria wrote:
    I like that thought. Prehaps a few red shiny collections from the Mara/Mystic Lake area that, when completed, will give you pieces to a "major" collection, which in return rewards you with a recipe that upgrades your Mara bag.
  17. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I'd prefer them to be tailor crafted, using the existing bag and one or more special components.
    That could just be a rare hide, or it could be something unique. I like the idea of a red shiney collection.
    It is not just the Mara bag that needs updating. Most quested/collection reward bags and boxes need updating to fit the pattern Handcrafted < Treasured < Mastercrafted < Legendary.
  18. ARCHIVED-DaemosDaen Guest

The tailor made idea would probably fall through as the bag now is no trade and many people have their crafters all on the same account. I perfer the quest method, gives me a reason to unlock all the chains from all the alts.
  19. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

I'm all for tradeskill quests. A mixed harvesting/crafting quest would be perfect.
  20. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

This should be an epic quest for a larger harvest bag (44 slots) in line with the new ones of SF. It can be done in parts along with some lore (story) similar to the one in RoK or something that brings in the erudites of Paineel working in conjunction with the halfling of Fool's Gold and the Gnomes of Gnomeland Security Headquarters.
    First - there needs to be full faction for each of the major crafters in SF - Kerra, Paineel, Pandas, and QQs in order to receive the quest.
    Second - obtaining materials sends harvesters all over Norrath from the newest xpac to original shattered lands getting leather for the base material, roots for sewing, gems for decorating, metals for tools to make the project, loams for polishing and protecting the bag, food/fish to make specialty dishes for the NPC. The specialized materials harvested can be rares or something new but uncommon.
    Third - obtaining the secret recipe necessary to put the materials together. Various crafters are necessary to work on each part of the final project - the harvest bag. Gems need to be cut down and polished. Leather needs to be toned and made supple. Roots need to be made into sinew. Metals need to be fashioned into tools to utilize for making the bag. The loams are magical protection properties made by alchemists. And of course, the provisioner must make a gourmet meal for the halfling!
    Fourth - with geomancy, tinkering, adorning - the crafter carefully puts the bag together using all the ingredients obtained and crafted.
    This epic quest shouldn't be an instant- gratification - get your bag in a few hours type, but rather something that will take a few days but less than a week to achieve. It can be linear in that everything is already in game - just utilize various zones.
    Rewards: multiple to include large harvesting bag, title, perhaps one of each rare of T-9, and something like a piece of gear to improve harvesting rares (besides cloak, horse, boots, earring, belt, chest piece already in game)