Manikin Dummies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    I'm glad this didn't stick. I enjoy playing this game far too much by up and quitting because something players have been begging for over a very long time gets put in for a very small player base. I can underestand guild level 10, whatever. Guild level 80? There would have been rioting in the streets.
    I suspect Domino was key in ensuring that everyone could get these. Even if you can't make them yourself, you can still buy them from crafters who can. Domino, thank you for protecting us from evil - once again you're the shining light in my decorator's eyes!
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Wyntre@Kithicor wrote:
    Actually, if I recall correctly, Rothgar put forth a much more coherent and persuasive argument than I did. He's been the driving inspiration behind the mannequins and they probably wouldn't exist at all without him, or at least not for a long while!
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Yay for both of you! The whole team, too (except the one who wanted to make them guild level 80, sheesh).
  4. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Oh, oh, please? Pretty Please?!?! :)
    And once you've written the code to add labeling to one type of house item (mannequin), then wouldn't it be a snap to add labeling to sales displays? Or anything in the house, for that matter!
  5. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Kittsune@Unrest wrote:
    Not very likely, since hidebound pelts have rarely dropped below 2 plat since RoK came out!
    And they are certainly not easy to harvest either! In a week or more of KP harvesting I've gotten 5 mahogany, 2 mantrap, 1 tynnonium, 1 silicate loam (yay!). No fire emeralds, no hidebound pelts.
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Mikkahl wrote:
    I've gotten multiples of both of fire emeralds and hidebound pelts.

I think having the rare be the hide is GREAT. There aren't a whole lot of uses for a rare hide. Leather armor and expanded bags is about it, right? Rare hides are usually heaps cheaper than any other rare because they have so few uses.

I think, too, there should be some carpenter recipes using rare hides through all the tiers.
  7. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Thank you SOOO much for that Rothgar! I'm really glad to hear that. *now has to hunt down an Inquisitor or two... Bishops, mmmmm*
  8. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    You missed one use: throwing weapon holsters (bandoliers, pouches, satchels, and sheaths). =) Expanded bags includes quivers and sacks as well. But that's pretty much it, and note that Leather armor is the least-used type of armor.

Powers &8^]
  9. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

I can't believe things are so much different on your servers than on AB. Here, hidebound pelts are currently 2.5 plat, so only Silicate loam and tynnonium are more expensive. In Tier 7 dragonhide pelts are always the most expensive, sometimes tied with acrylia. I can never find or buy enough hidebound pelts to keep my tailored stock up. I can't make hidebound backpacks fast enough - they fly off the shelves at 3.5 plat each! And you forgot the leather belts that jeweler's make. There are plenty of healers that buy leather armor - I've sold over 900 leather armor pieces tier 5-8 in the past 2 years, plus hundreds of rare backpacks, quivers, and bandoliers.
    If you wanted to use the cheapest rare (to make the mannequin), it would be the hard metal. Incardine is 30 gold now, and I've bought a lot at 25 gold.
  10. ARCHIVED-Prrasha Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Except that they aren't.

Hides are dirt cheap in T1-T5, where we have completely-random node placement.

In T6-T8, even though dens share spawns with rocks/ore in some places in T8, they just don't get harvested. The only rare more expensive than hides on my server is silicate. Hides are usually tied in price with Tynnonium.
  11. ARCHIVED-Sayne Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I apologize, I don't know Rothgar very well, so thank you both so very much! Whoever thought that it should be a guild level 80 item should get a bop on the head with a stuffed panda, but to the rest of you guys, thank you so very much! I know everyone in the crafting community is grateful :)
  12. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    This was one of my thoughts as well in the 'wish list for the next TS dev' post. I've got piles of rare leather pelts piling up in my bank and not much to do with them. However now that the MC armor has been reworked I may have to take some of those out and dust off my tailor. I'd really like to see some stuffed animals or hide skin rugs that could be made with those leather pelts - or maybe a comfy chair!
  13. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

It's honestly not all that hard to get these pelts if you actually just go out and harvest for them. In the past two days, I have accumulated 13 pelts (giving me 19 total as I was already sitting on 6 to begin with) and plan to get another 6 today and 6 more tomorrow. It takes me 2-3 hours a day to get that many. I need at least 32 mannequins made, 40 would be ideal so I can actually use some for decorating instead of just on my chessboard. It's definitely not as impossible as some of you are making out. I may be insane for wanting that many mannequins, but taking a few hours out of my playtime to get ~6 pelts a day isn't nuts as I think anyone could do this.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mikkahl Guest

Well, I just harvested my first 2 hidebound pelts today, and they came almost back-to-back! :) This is after several weeks of RoK, almost finished the KP quest lines and getting all 3 of my mains to 70 (starting from 66/67). I stop to harvest every node that I find, even if it takes a fight (as long it won't get me immediately killed! :) ).
  15. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Superb job Rothgar. I am thankful the level 80 guild thing didnt stick. Quite honestly I am absolutely tired of game play items that are more than status fluff being attached to guild levels. I truly wish the whole mount thing would be equated more to individual status than guild status. Being in a level 80 guild in no way reflects on your contribution to the guild being level 80 nor does being in a smaller guild reflect on your contribution.

It would be great to see the level 65-70-75-80 rewards offered to anyone regardless of guild level at higher status point cost.

Back on topic - I am looking forward to acquiring a few of these and honestly I think the T8 rare is reasonable. Kudos~
  16. ARCHIVED-illaria Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Rothgar for this I am willing to have your babies : P
  17. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Was really looking forward to these, but there is no way ah'm going to be able to afford even 1 (haven't read the entire thread, but skimming through it seems it will either require a lvl 68 to harvet the rare pelt or 2pp {depending on server economics} to buy the pelt)
  18. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    You have been here since February of 2005 and cannot afford 2pp for one pelt? Do you play at all?
  19. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

DrkVsr wrote:
    Harvest lots of shinies and sell the rare ones you get. Go harvesting in zones that you can harvest in and sell any rare harvests that you get. You can even sell the non rare harvests you get if even for a small amount per harvest item. If you have a tradeskill, make up some items that tend to sell well. Even if you just make some silver or 1 gold off of selling the items, it all adds up. Go to a zone of your level and sell any chest items you might get. Again, even if they don't sell for huge amounts, they do add up. Kill any solo named mobs appropriate to your level and sell the drops. I would do this now and not wait for the update since I'm sure the price of the hidebound pelts will increase when the mannequins go in.
    Considering the fact that these mannequins were only going to be available to level 80 guilds, I think a rare T8 hide to be more than fair. Good luck!
  20. ARCHIVED-NiamiDenMother Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    This is on Test now, Rothgar. Thanks!

It was also an issue with some of the hooded robes, such as the Garb of Souls, and it is nice to have the option to display a hat with it again. :)