Manikin Dummies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

valkry wrote:
    Here is a good plan - got to EoF and harvest shinies - the rare ones are still selling for good money. Or go harvest pelts for the rare u need. Guess what even if u dont find the rare u need the pelts still sell for good money - 10 silver on Unrest last night.
    No one and I mean NO ONE can say they can not get 2 plat together in RoK. Most of the quests give at least 10gp as a reward beside that the treasured drops sell for another 10 gp. I mean in just leveling to 75 I made 30 plat in vendor trash.
    As for Flaming the Devs on this one - well my friend you are not level 70 yet by choice because you "like to take it slow". Guess what - you are going to miss out on content because of your choices. The Manikin is part of the RoK content NOT KOS, EOF, DOF, original world. You choose to play alts, you choose consume the content at your own pace. What I am saying is "CHOOSE TO SAVE 2 PLAT and buy a rare or go harvest one"
    I surprises me how many people ingame and in RL demand to drive a porche but refuse to pay anything but the chevel price. Put the effort into this task until you succeed.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tipton Wisely Guest

Come on, 8plat at level 6 in 5 hours? I don't believe it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Trynnus1 wrote:
    That might be a rather harsh reinterpretation of my words, there. Let me just clarify:

I fully support "taking it slow". I fully support people who don't want to rush to high levels. The game is about having fun and enjoying yourself, and if getting to a high level isn't what a particular person finds fun, then I definitely don't think they should feel in any way forced to.

My point is that anybody of any level and any amount of play time can afford these mannequins if they want to. Valkry is not being told "sorry you solo, you don't raid, so you stink". Absolutely not. Valkry is being told that it is 110% possible to easily afford a rare pelt as a soloer, as a casual player, without spending more than an hour or two tops, at any level.

Yes, it may take 1-2 hours to earn enough money to buy a pelt (particularly right away, as no doubt prices will increase a bit while the mannequins are new) but even a total level 1 newbie can get enough coin for a pelt in 1-2 hours if they wish to. I don't feel that 1-2 hours (and less for a higher level) is overly demanding to earn a nice new desirable -- and let's face it, totally fluff -- item. They're totally obtainable for any who do want them, at any level, and any type of play style, without requiring you to group, raid, solo, craft, quest, neglect your real life, or learn to dance the polka.

As I said before, if you need tips on how to make money, there are plenty of people in chat channels, on these forums (some of whom have already posted in this thread), and on third party websites who will be able to give you many tips on how to earn your pelt (quite within the EULA of course).

(Edit: screenshot - I see I misremembered the creation date slightly, but the time played and coin is the point.)
  4. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Tipton Wisely wrote:
    Um, I've done similar with my little alts.

On Unrest the transmuters snap up low level treasured items like mad. That's where I've made most of my coin lately, treasured drops and such I gained on my little Wiz and Zerker and Monk.

Domino probably is selling harvests and rares as well, and I know some of those can go for a bit, too. Many transmuters snap up low level level rares to make items to break down. Those 2-10g items can add up fast.

So it's very possible, and has been done by many, myself included.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tipton Wisely Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Well, It still seems like a LOT of money for the short time frame involved, unless they really increased mining rare rates or some such.

Plus, are there really that many transmuters still that want T1 stuff? Hasn't that really really slowed down now?
  6. ARCHIVED-Mythilt Guest

Tipton Wisely wrote:
    Nope, cause even grey recipes have a 25% chance of a skill up. So for a transmuter, making 4-5 skill level 10 items can be cheaper than making 1-2 white, yellow, or red items. Especially when you hit higher levels where the items needed can be a plat each.
  7. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

just want to pop in and agree with the whole you can make money at any level. Yes it tends to be easier at higher levels as you have more options.

Take the time to learn about the game and what other people do. You dont need to sell to "most people" to make plat. You need to learn what the people who have money are buying at the time and figure out how to supply them. At one point in time I had a lvl 9 on the newbie island that just farmed t1 loam. I was making 2p an hour off her. The demand isn't as high now (this was before the reduction in loams used) but I bet there would still be some money in it. I even had a low level trasnsmutable farmer, but it only is used to feed my own transmuter. (scary to think of the amount of plat worth of items I have used up).
  8. ARCHIVED-Espio Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Awww, not gonna let us see the character name to let us Unrestians stalk you?
    Back on topic... the bar really isn't all that high to get the item. In a way, its a lose-lose situation for the devs here. No matter how easy or hard they make the manikin to get, people will complain that it is too [hard|easy] to get. I'm surprised more people arent complaining about the faction requirement.
  9. ARCHIVED-Darlion Guest

DominoDev wrote
    I don't mean to be rude, but what on earth did you sell? On my server (Nagafen), T1 shinies, harvests and all other loot save fables don't sell for more than 5g, usually in the copper range. Maybe this is just nagafen because we have a lot of low levels stuffing that stuff on the broker... but that is impossible to achieve on this server in the time allocated.
  10. ARCHIVED-Qandor Guest

Kalath@Nagafen wrote:
    I would be guessing shinies.
  11. ARCHIVED-Warpax Guest

Qandor wrote:
    I dont think there are a lot of places a lvl 6 fury with no armor or weapons can go safely to collect shinies that sell for those amount.. the low level zones are limited to what shinies you can get..and if T1/T2 rares are selling for those amounts id be very very suprised..
  12. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Newb Isle is an excellent source of coin. I'm not the coin hungry maniac that our ever so lovely TS dev appears to be J, but that is one of the best places to keep an alt and make good coin at low levels. When I was leveling my Transmuter I had a pally alt that basically locked adventure level at 7 (right after I got my out of encounter AE). He had a shared bank with my main that had an apartment and I could feed anything that I collected, harvested, looted on the island to my main to be put on the broker. I harvested T1 raws and kept an eye on the broker for these (most people will buy these instead of harvesting them) and when they went up in price I would take some out of my bank and put them on the market. In all this harvesting I was able to outfit my newb island guy in master crafted armor and adept 3 spells (at least the important ones) and I was able to sell the extra rares that I found. Now the fun part - run around a small area of the island agroing all the mobs you can (you will learn their tether distance) - then hit your out of encounter AE, most of the mobs will be dead or down to <10% health and you can pick them off one by one. You can get two adornments made that cause damage to any enemy that hits you (spiked straps for you shoulders and spiked strut for your shield), which make the mobs die faster. If your lucky 3-5 chests will drop with treasured items, AD1's etc, if your not lucky - lather, rinse and repeat. There are 4 names on the newb isle that have about a 5 minute spawn time, no place holders and always drop a chest with at least one item in it. While you wait on these to come up kill other things and harvest- you would be amazed at the amount of gear that drops from trash mobs.
    I was able to sell each item basically overnight if not almost immediately if I priced them at 1 gp and easily within a couple of days if I priced them at 2 gp, but that was my servers market.
  13. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Warpax wrote:
    She is selling those GM clothes that we all see and drool over when one of them show up in game
    I really like the implementation here with what you guys have done - Thanks to the whole team for getting this through. It is also much appreciated that all crafters can construct these items. I did see one suggestion that I liked above and that was to have different tiered dummies that were made from the rare pelts of that tier and were able to display armor from that tier and down. As someone mentioned above pelts seem to be the lowest valued rare across most of the tiers and this would at least give us something to do with those lower tier ones that we harvest.
    There were also mentions of 'weapon display cases' that would allow us to diplay the differnt weapons that we have collected along our journies - would this be implemented in the same way as the 'dummy' only using the wood as the rare or is there a differenet vision for this?
  14. ARCHIVED-Xanzibar Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Holy crap, I don't have that much cash between my 3 main characters (one each in the 40s, 30s, and 20s). Now there is a real showing of the difference between a veteran player who knows how to get maximum returns, and a complete n00b like me who usually finds out about content after I've leveled past it (like the Armor Quests, for example).

At least now I know I'm behind the curve. Waaay behind the curve...

Anyway, considering the mannequins are permanent, having a high-ish price isn't unreasonable, in my opinion. Of course, the time required to grind the insane faction writs to get them in the first place is worse than any coin cost...
  15. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Kalath@Nagafen wrote:
    I've got six words for you....

Greater Faydark

Fat Grub

Goliath Beetle

Anyone on Test that can answer my previously posed question about robes and their hoods? Can robed mannequins have separate head gear showing or does the robe always overwrite the head slot like the other slots?
  16. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

Tipton Wisely wrote:
    A combination of Shinies (bones/etc) / T1 Rares / Assorted T1 Treasured+ and getting a LoN Booster pack will probably net that ...
    Heck, 1 Booster pack will give that on Perma.
    The add on game that wasn't supposed to have any "negative affect" on the primary game and "wouldn't affect the average player", my [cesorsed]!!!
    -------
    to Valkry:
    Are you freaking kidding me? You are complaining about the fact the item requires a T8 Rare Pelt?! While, sure it would have been nice if it had been a T8 Rare root, seeing how I have like 20 of them and only 10 of the pelts .. It's a harvested item! Even, my adv lvl 15 (70 sage) has the chance to harvest up the bloody pelt! She can do so at the front of KP without any argo issues, even. Heck, Get a Silicate Loam and you could probably trade/sell it for 2 pelts.
    It's not limited to any particular Adventure level. Work on 1 of your crafters if they aren't T8, yet.
    I'm just thankful that it was Domino who helped to add these. You do realise if it had been left up to a few of the other devs, it would have required a bloody raid drop?! Then you (&everyone) really would have had something to gripe about. bleh.
  17. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Pardon me if this was asked already; I only skimmed the thread tbh. When a weapon is equipped and it normally has a particle effect will the mannequin too have the particle effect?
  18. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

Wondering how these would work with Gi's. Has anyone on test tried one? Does it show the wooden limbs or somehow show skin where the empty spots are? Thanks in advance :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Last week I added a "Show Hood" checkbox to the mannequin window. It may not be on test at the moment, but it should be there soon. This will allow you to uncheck the box if you want the helmet to show while wearing a cloak.

Someone also made the comment about not being able to see what items are on the mannequin. Anyone can easily open the customize window and view all the icons and tooltips for every item attached to the mannequin. But only Trustees are allowed to make changes to the mannequin.

And if you think we were vindictive by making them take a rare pelt, you'd be interested to know these were originally planned to be guild level 80 rewards.

I do like the idea of labeling them with your own custom message. Maybe that's something we can add for the next game update.
  20. ARCHIVED-Annarchee Guest

It's easy for a lev 6 to make 8 pp....i saw one in KC the other day; Lev 6 Troub...on crack....going so fast the NPC's were training him in a blur....seems i have that name written down somewhere....