Manasoul Heroic AA

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Priam Pendragon, Jul 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Priam Pendragon Guest

The way I read this was at 10 points it will tick 10 times for 25% of your current health each tick. So at 40,000 health I would expect to see the first tick at around 10k, but instead it ticked for around 900ish.
    I think whoever wrote this power was on math crack.
    Here is how the math works out currently with 10 points: Converts up to 90% of your health to mana. At 40k health that would be 36,000. 25% of that is 9000 / 10 ticks is 900 mana per tick.
    I know mana reg in general may seem to be worthless but there are some fights where this power as written would be benificial.
  2. ARCHIVED-ReverendPaqo Guest

When I read it, the description implies to me that it will take 10% of your health every tick and best case scenario (with heals) it will allow 10 ticks maximum. Each tick will restore (2.5% of the caster's current health times the number of aa points invested) points of power.

When I tried it out just a moment ago, when it should have restored 3.1k power, it only restored about 600 power. You're right, it's seriously not doing even remotely close to what it should be doing. If it's consuming that much health, it had better restore a lot more power than 1/8th the amount of 1 mana flow.
  3. ARCHIVED-azcn2503 Guest

Hello.
    This AA is still not worth taking, and I assume it is bugged. Perhaps it is not getting enough attention.
    According to the description, it should consume 10% of the enchanters health instantly and every tick, and at 10 points should restore 25% of the casters current health as power to the group.
    I've not tested it with less than 10 points, but here is how it should work as it says in the description:
    You have 40,000 health.
    Manasoul will use up to 36,000 for power replenishment.
    Initial tick takes health from 40,000 to 36,000 (10% of 40,000 is 4,000). 25% of this new health is 9,000. 9,000 power should be restored.
    Second tick takes health from 36,000 to 32,000. 25% of this new health is 8,000. 8,000 power should be restored.
    etc.
    It would seem that perhaps 25% of the amount of health taken is being used? In the first tick, 25% of 4,000 is 1000. Every tick would restore the same amount of power. I don't think it's working like this either though... I'll see if I can test it tonight.
  4. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

Inglip@Nagafen wrote:
    You're very close to the actuall algorithm that this spell uses, needless to say this spell works as in the description until the 10th rank. The 10th rank has always been bugged, if you add the total amount of power regenerated by this ability it will be exactly what is stated in the description but, on the 10th rank it says that it will regenerate 25% of your max health on the initial tick which is broken.
    You have to add up the total amount replenished to the actual amount it says it will replenish.