Malicious Threat Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Next week will see the start of a 1-month prelude event. I'm not going to spoil the details of what lovely bits of lore and hints of the future you will see, but, since it is on Test now, I'll happily show off the items that will be on the event vendor. (You can't view the vendor offerings until you finish the quest, so being able to see the items in advance may make you decide if you want to participate or not.)

http://tinyurl.com/eq2threat

Enjoy!

~Mum
    Feldon, Kaitheel, Geden and 5 others like this.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this with us, Niami! Awesome to see some old time items making their return. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

Nice! Thank you for taking the time to show us!!
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Sharann Well-Known Member

Thanks Mum, as always :)

I see those Ulteran & Qhelitulian items and the papasan chairs on the list from previous events. Does it mean we can buy them again? If yes it's totally awesome!
    Geden and Merriel like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, very cool! Nice to see the old stuff again, aye; wonder if they'll trot out some of the D.I.R.T.Y. stuff again. :)

And keep the merchants up after the intro period is over! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  6. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

It's worth noting that the bread pan and muffin pan are "orphaned" items that are being offered to us, not old event items. Be sure to stock up on them, as we don't know when we'll ever see them again!

(Also, thank you so much for everything you do, Niami!)
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I ***so*** need more Magic Mouths! I am stocking up for certain!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

The Magic Mouth looks exactly like the sign we get from the Tinkerfest merchant. Does it act in the same exact capacity or is it different, somehow?
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the preview of the items! I hope the currency isn't too difficult to acquire as I would like to stock up on these.

Are the ornate rug and large ornate rug the same appearance as some craftable rugs we have? Asking as I'm trying to prioritize my wants.
  10. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

There are some nice items here, however I find the assortment of items odd. It doesn't seem to necessarily link to the event itself as far as the theme of the event. Almost like a completely random assortment of items. Either way, I'll definitely get some of this stuff, just an observation. Won't turn down new house/appearance items!
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

The items are some that have been in the game before, either via an event or other means. It would be cool if they either bring these back routinely or if they put them on a loyalty merchant or other merchant after this event.
  12. Valkerie Member

I'm personally excited for the topiary!
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

No, they're not. None of the new items have other appearances, and most of them (except the tree and wall trophies, and the old event stuff) are items that have been in the database but never actually released. Some of them have been discovered, likely through players getting the wrong item from a GM.
    Feldon, Katz, Merriel and 1 other person like this.
  14. Lera Well-Known Member

The Magic Mouth is the same item we've had before - it "speaks" through pop-up text, like quest updates do, or the signs from the city festivals. The Gnomish Sign Plate has the same appearance, but the text appears when you hover your mouse over it, like the crafted signs.
  15. Josgar Active Member

Glad to still see you keeping up with EQ2 Trader's Corner! Been a while since I've been over there =]
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely, +8,000x yes!!!!! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  17. Geden Well-Known Member

I've always regretted not stocking up on papasan chairs and gems. Excited out of my mind for it to go live! Thank you Niami for posting pictures to drool at :)
  18. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't know that any of them are named the same, but I do know that I have several of these items from quite some time back. My ratonga has an item that looks identical to Smithy's Scalding Point, and my kerra has an item like the Ornamental Oversized Pincushion, though I don't know if that one is identical or not. I also have a male and female topiaric mannequin, though again, I don't know that they are identical to these or not. The Ulteran Vinegar Bottle I know I've seen on your site before, though whether it was ever available in game or not, I don't know. I know I don't have one, though. I also have the tree, which I love. :)
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks Den Mum! So excited. Just worried I won't be able to get enough of the items since I didn't get any from past events except of two items.
    Geden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think the Ulteran stuff in general was from the time when we had to help out "rebuild" the Ulteran spires; i.e., the wizard spires we all take nowadays from places like Nektulos and EL to otherwise completely inaccessible ones... ;->

They had a lot of cool stuff in that World Event. I'm really sad most items didn't make it to the Loyalty Merchant. :-/

Uwk