Malicious Threat feedback & bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Great! I just got confirmation that Test should be updated by tomorrow morning.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Mophia Active Member

Is that tomorrow morning your time, lol, as I'm on EU time.

Hoping a hint will be given for EL, as I ran around nearly all of it on my 17 pally, died around 8 times (poss more as wasn;t actually counting, but spent a fortune on repairs (level 17 fortune) ), and still didn't find the mob.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Mophia Active Member

Ok, this not fun.

Saw the hint for EL "where a landing is still", thought could be the mill, one place I didn't look on my pally.
    Was on 29 BL, took horse, and got mobbed by 3 or 4 goblins, and 1 evil eye as I dismounted. Didn't stand a chance, even with warboar and merc up.

Now that does need checking, as a lot of lowbies going to EL for first time would do the same as I did.

And a bunch of goblins and an evil eye within aggro range of a mount isn't good.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Mophia Active Member

And mobs within aggro range of mount at Chompers Pond as well, very not good. Well one mob, I was afk and came back to find my warder fighting a darklight hellion.
  5. Mophia Active Member

Nope, still no luck in finding the mob in EL, even with that hint. Perhaps I'm just not getting it at all.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you are having trouble Mophia. I'd about given up on the first hour of release go through... and then ... eureka!

Start at the druid ring :) go in the direction that you never think to go. (I'm assuming since I don't know you, but if anything like me...it should work as a hint.)
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind that's been a common complaint about this game in general throughout the years: it's usually not intuitive, which is why the 3rd-party websites are so immensely popular (once Zam gets ahold of it, then I'll think about it). It's seems to be frequently a case of, "Well, we devs know what we have in mind, the players must, too! :D"

Bauble "torches" always sucked for me; very low light level, and when they did show, the colors affected everything, usually badly. The kicker had always been that even once I got rid of them (stowed them in a bank, house vault, under a rock, whatever), I couldn't get normal light again unless I had a "real" torch equipped, eliminating one of my Charm slots for a 1c light source...if anyone has any idea about how to shut that effect OFF, please let me know. :-/ Being able to convert such things to House Items (and thus, shutting off the light effect on the character) would totally rock! :D

The idea of having level-specific critters for each zone is very heartening! I really, really wish they'd done that for the stupid Channeler Shadow critters, or that they only showed up for those who were on that quest specifically, and they could get it from a channeler quest person somewhere in the 6 cities. "You think you're in a grey zone? Surprise! Ha-ha! Deal with these stupid things, whether you want to or not! :D" :-/

I didn't see one of the questions answered: can we access the merchants whether we've done the quest or not? I can understand some of the items not showing up until we've done the required quests, or not being available yet (like the Shady Swashbuckler dude in Nektulos, who'll sell the items if you've done the quests already and want an extra, or lost yours, or whatever), but it'd be nice to see what we're shooting for. :)

Uwk
    Juraiya and Moonpanther like this.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I've never had that happen. I was actually playing just 2 days ago with my old glow of the sea and fire of the emerald because I'd forgotten what they looked like it'd been so long. The color's changed properly when I equipped the item (like I remember) and went away when I took it off (also like I remember).

The only thing I've ever had that messed with me was a gear item I picked up at some point on my berskerer that acted like a red torch. There wasn't anything in the description, it just did. It took me a long time to figure out what the problem was...and I hope it doesn't come back for any of my other lower levels because I've completely forgotten what the offending item was at this point lol.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! Lucky; I think one of them was definitely Glow of the Sea on my Troubie on Crushbone, and another one was like a lit, burning hot poker or something (might've been that thing you'd equipped?) that I had on my first Ranger on Crushbone. After those two mistakes, I learned to just not go with that any more. Too bad, though; cute idea, but not if I couldn't get it to "turn off" when it wasn't equipped...maybe I had them still in the Charm slot when the Torch thing became a matter of just doing Alt+L. Even now, when I equip a Torch in a Charm slot, then swap it out for something useful, the "default" color glow comes back if I "turn on" Alt+L. :-/

Uwk
    who'd still like to see those things become cool, glowing House Items, like the gems! :D
  10. Mophia Active Member

Wow, found, and I usually explore nearly everywhere and I'd missed that place. Devs, that should be on the EL exploration achievement, why has it been missed?!?!
  11. Mophia Active Member

Ok, Everfrost not any kinder to a level 17 pally. Big mobs who kill you with 1 look. Looked round World Tree, not there. Have the devs done another sneaky one. "Where feet go numb", that could be any and every where in this place.

The big octopus also got me!
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Jintiu's Leaf, I think, the transport bauble for the Hua'Mein.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok, here is what I've found. The merchant won't talk to you until you do the quest. Afterwards you must be of the same lvl or close to get the chest to drop with the baubles. As for light I always use just the Alt+L to get that to come on and turn off.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I completed the entire quest on a lvl 8. In everfrost I did the swim and did not get attacked. Then I took the horse to the closest place to the area I needed to go. I then used the mountains to skirt around mobs. No deaths at all.
  15. Mophia Active Member

If you mean the numbfeet area, I have been there on a few different level chars, and not found any malice in the area, no sign of the purple mist at all. I skirted mountains all the way to the world tree, and almost all the way back around the other side. If that's not the area, then I am totally lost as to where to look. I've been out to icegills, down to jagged plains, and also the ruined homestead (where a mammoth killed me). Tried going around the coast in a number of directions, that's when the giant octopus got me. So my level 17 pally has got a lot of the exploration xp already searching, and my 18 sin tried doing it all again in stealth, until a snow leopard saw through her stealth and killed her, that's after a guildie suggested the numbfeet.

So it's fine saying a level 8 did it, if that level 8 knew where he/she was going, but when you are searching blind, it's a different matter entirely.

When I find the mobs, it might be a but that's so obvious moment, but at the moment it's not obvious at all.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying, however it makes me wonder how many people will choose to do the quest on their first run through on a level 8? I usually do a high level character to run a new world event through and then I follow up with my alts. I assume most will do the same (obviously no idea if that's a correct assumption :)).

Now that said, I did it on a level 4, my first run through was on a max level character, so I did know where I had to go. The level 4 didn't have any issues, this was a level 4 adventurer/level 28 crafter so didn't even have a leaper to rely on. The reason I explain this is so that folks can see it can be done. I didn't even bring along a merc until I was on the step to go to EL and that's because level 4 with level 1 no stat gear can really take a long time to kill three mobs :p

As to your last sentence, the last step is slightly different than the search Antonica/CL/EL parts. Hopefully you've found your way there. Shout out in test chat in case you need help.
  17. Therendil Member

Finished this up earlier today with a level 77 Good aligned character and have a couple of observations.

Has the Enchanted Lands location always been accessible, or has this opened up as part of the quest? Xianthia's hint was enough to let me find it, but I had not thought to try going somewhere in the zone that I've not been able to go before.I'm willing to bet a lot of people will stall on that point. At least it's a low-risk trip.

Wording on the hint is a little awkward. When I read it, my first thought was "is still *what*? To me it read as though the text was cut off.

EL encounter did not scale to my level as the others did. At least I think that was the case. Daeron killed them so fast I didn't have a chance to /con one. The encounters in Tunare's Glade and Antonica were even con Heroic and were actually real work.

That's a clever hint for the Everfrost location. My first thought when I read the hint was "and where in Everfrost is this not the case??" Then I had the inspiration to think of where the fact might be explicitly mentioned. I did run around the site quite a lot before finally getting the first update. I think I made three complete loops around the World Tree Root before I got an update.

It took me a while to find both things I needed for the next update. The second was underneath the first, and was nearly invisible and hard to click on.

The bones I collected from the Antonica and Enchanted Lands encounters dropped into my harvesting bag. Is that intended?

Next step is to go out and slaughter more Primordial Malice types in different places.

-= Therendil =-
  18. cellinaire Well-Known Member

As far as I remember, that tiny island was always there. (ya, not on the map so I think a lot of people can get lost in EL about where to go) ;)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy...then it needs to be on the map, or really well defined in the hint. :-/

Or we wait until Zam gets the data. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right, but even after I Bank or House Vault or do whatever with the "colored lights" (I haven't Destroyed or Transmuted them yet; hope I don't have to do that, since they're old-time souvenirs; I just want them to behave correctly!), they still become the default light level/color, unless I equip a 1c Torch in a Charm slot (and if I take that out to put in a "real" Charm, it goes back to the dim, colored light, which I don't always want). Obviously, we all have better things to place there, even if it's just a Lucky Wolf Paw. :-/

Uwk