making macros wait

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Who the F stole my Name, May 13, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Who the F stole my Name Guest

I'm trying to make macros for my buffs so i can cut down on the clutter in my hotbar.

Basicly what i've got is:

useability Rotting Thrall
    useability Minion's Stance: Grisly Brace
    useability Necromantic Rune
    useability Rending Frenzy
    The problem is it tries to cast the next one while the 1st one is still casting. Is there any way to make the macro pause for a few seconds to allow the spell to finish before moving on.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bamfa_dexter Guest

I think there was a post way back about this. I have to saved in my favorites at home, I am at work now. I will try and dig it up for ya when I get hom.
  3. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

There are no built-in pause commands in the EQ2 macro system, and that's intentional as I understand it. Too easy to abuse in a variety of ways. SWG vets may know and remember.
    Basically then, you're effectively limited to two spell casts per macro (in some cases, a third can be implemented if it's instant cast - such as HO starters), as the spell queue only retains two spells - the first one cast, and one more to be queued. Since macros evaluate commands extremely quickly, the one to be queued winds up being the last spell in your macro (the commands are evaluated far faster than any spell's cast time, short of the aforementioned instant cast).
    I think that most of us are just opening up extra hotbars for reducing clutter. Keep buffs, pet casts and pet buffs, etc., off to the side somewhere, and keep spells used frequently during the heat of combat out in easy reach. I'll have to post a screenshot of my hotbar setup to the 'What do your hotbars look like' thread soon here, as evidence of extreme hotbar use (I have 9 open now standard, though not full, after getting completely sick of always having my hotbars overcrowded. :p )
  4. ARCHIVED-Who the F stole my Name Guest

right now i only have 3 hotbars.

Pets, Pet Buffs and buffs.
    Combat spells (dot's, lifetap, fear, root, transfer life etc)
    Utility spells (Dark heart, call, etc)
  5. ARCHIVED-Delameko Stone Guest

Heh, I have 10... and thats with macros :smileytongue: