Make Crafting Drops Heirloom. No Trade = No Tank/Healer Alts for Groups

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Soresha, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Soresha Member

I can't speak for other servers but on AB we're struggling. PuGs sit around for half an hour or longer looking for a tank or sometimes a healer. More than a few times I've seen two different PuGs advertising "5/6 LF Tank" at the same time in LFG channel.

Guild groups aren't much easier, especially raiding guilds where DPS mains will always substantially outnumber healer and tank mains.

The other night I was in a PuG with some lovely people, and we were missing a healer. Two of us on our DPS mains had alt healers and would have been happy to switch, but we couldn't. Because the crafting drops are No Trade.

You promised this expac would be alt friendly - it's not! The only real reason to keep running heroics now is for the crafting drops, and we need an obscene number of these, so no one can afford to play an alt even if they want to.

The deathtouch mechanic if there isn't a tank in the group is aggravating this further. Encouraging "proper" groups is not a bad intention, but where do you think we're going to find more tanks if alts can't be used to progress our mains? The current situation is not "you must have a tank" but "you must find someone who's main is a tank".

Please, just make them heirloom. It will alleviate the biggest problem we currently face forming groups. I'll get my tank alt out to help, I'm sure other people would bring out tank and healer alts too. More groups all round, more happy active players.

PS: Don't derail this thread with "just go duo/trio the zones". Not every class has that option. And if the devs' goal is for players to form proper groups, they need to make that possible.
    semisus and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Jhen Ro Active Member

Agree except for one condition - people wanting to roll on things for their alts since heirloom.

As an alternative in the meantime, what I have been doing is running a group and saying up front.... if you are interested in the TS item at the end for a different toon , we'l /ran 1000 instead of nbg, and the winner can loot it there or can swap to their alt and CoV in and get it.

Has helped a LOT with the TS item issues.

Of course, only works well if you know and/or trust the people grouping with.

Just a suggestion.
    Lucus and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Soresha Member

In case it wasn't clear, I'm talking about the 12 crafting mats for the achievement:

Bubonian Blood, Storm Rider's Blood, Sillocorrosive Grease, Fire Mephit Blood.
    Foul Smelling Liquid, Clockwork Grease, Stormwatcher's Horn, Fiery Granite.
    Putrid Ooze, Solidified Magma, Clockwork Carapace, Drop of Pure Rain.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Soresha Member

Yup I've suggested that approach and indeed done that in guild groups. But in PuGs when I've suggested it I've been shot down every time.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

i would like this , if people wants to help out playing another toon i see no reason why they should be able to roll on the character if on a different character.
    i know ive been doing random 100s in grps with people i know for this for this exact reason
    It shouldent be any different for a pickup grp.

#removefightercrap
    Ashandra likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

u can make the last chest leader only and /ran 100 and if the tank/heal alt wins, he logs his main and get the material.

it's the tank or heal that the dps desesperatly needs that need to suggest that.
    It's a trade, I heal for you and everyone get mats or I don't and no one gets anything.

If they still don't .. make your own group.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If they make them heirloom, everyone needs on everything and just puts them in a bank, even if not needed on that character.

Either way, somebody loses.
    Drona likes this.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

I agree and I think not all problems can or should be be solved by devs and I think players should solve this issue by talking to each other. When adverting for the PUG just say you will let people roll for another character.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

there's nothing stopping them from running their alts, just have them park their mains in valor and make one of your guildies that is using their main toon group leader, before every last named pull swap the loot to leader only and look in the chest and tell everyone to rand 100 for the mat.

if your alted guildies win they can camp to their main and zone in and have the leader assign it to them while they are at the door.

they then zone out and camp back to their alt.

it's a fair price (in my mind) to pay for protection against greedy players that want to steal from you.