Major Oversight With Fighter % Based Heals

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Haciv, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Haciv Guest

When they reflect, they heal the mob... LOTS
    [IMG]
  2. ARCHIVED-Haciv Guest

Would love some sort of acknowledgement of this problem, with a fix shortly thereafter please.
  3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

I'm afraid your going to have to explain this as if you were explaining it to an 8 year old. I don't expect they'll look at that screenshot at all, or if they did, then understand what you are reporting.
  4. ARCHIVED-Haciv Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Ya see Timmy, there's a time when a player and a monster don't like each other very much. So, the player will attack the monster in order to try to get some new gear. Now if the player is a fighter, and they have a lifetap (like a SK has many of) there's a bug where if the monster has a chance to reflect spells and heal for a lot than they should. Now Timmy, the reason this happens is because since they changed lifetaps to have % based heals, when they reflect, the monster will gain a % heal. In the picture that Mr. Haciv posted, you can see that big mean HM Dagarn was healing for 14 million per Devour Vitae that was casted by a SK. HM Dagarn is just one example of a big bad monster that has a reflect, so I think the really nice fine folks at Sony Online Entertainment should look into this issue and create what they call a "fix" for this "bug" so the big mean monsters don't heal for so much from lifetaps that have % based heals.
  5. ARCHIVED-Vash854 Guest

Here is another issue, charm, I got charmed on tagrin and healed him for 288 million or so, he went from like 10 to 50% =/.

[IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Haciv wrote:
    Nice =)
    But yeah, the folks we have now would not have understood from an act parse and the text by the OP that the issue is % based fighter spells reflecting and healing the mob by %'s.
    It seems we had this issue before and certain abilities were classed not to reflect.
    I'm not sure we've previously addressed the other posters issue about being charmed and using his % based heal on the mob. This seems to be 'working as intended' from a mechanics standpoint, but hardly desireable.
    Next time I see a pally charmed, I'll be sure we either mez him or kill him. I'm on the fence that the ability needs to be changed in that instance. Seems like good players have all the tools they need to prevent a paladin from LoHing while charmed.
    As far as Vitae, if it reflects it should heal the mob for the same amount it would have healed the caster IMO. Reflected abilities should hit at the orriginal casters buff package, the mobs buff package (or HP) should not be calculated in the hit. This sounds like a real mechanics problem that rather than fixing, they'll probably just stop certain abilities from being able to be reflected.
  7. ARCHIVED-cambria1414 Guest

This is still a major issue on mobs that charm.