Major Bug affecting game play.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Cheallaigh, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's a really simple bug, starts in game but forces a full reboot in order to fix it, so i am not sure if it's a win 7/10 issue or the game.

basically your CA and everything else suddenly starts going to the chat window. it happened yet again to the tank of our group, of course group members died since he could no longer use combat arts.

anyone know of a solution for this particular issue, besides a full reboot?
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

"Combat Arts to chat window"? as in to Link said bits into group chat?
    as though one were holding their Shift key then pressing whichever skill which sends the name of that skill into chat?

kinda sounds like the abomination M$ came up with called "Sticky Keys"

look into Control Panel or any third-party installed program that deals with one's Keyboard and/or Mouse and verify nothing is set that suggests "locking" or "repeat-abilities"
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

nothing like that on my computer and the tank's keyboard is brand new. yes, everything starts linking to chat.
  4. Zlith Member

I'm not sure what causes this, but happens occasionally to me. I can fix it by alt-tabbing out of EQ2 and then back and then it's fixed. Same with spinning character issue. Never have to full reboot or exit EQ2
  5. Simparri Active Member

I have a similar problem with my mouse cursor occasionally drifting around the screen only in EQ2, it doesn't happen in regular operation. I use one of the Logitech trackballs, the one with a central ball as I'm left-handed. During combat the drifting cursor makes it difficult to hit the intended button & it is nearly as bad during crafting. Next time I'm on I'll try Zilth's trick & see if it helps, if it does I'll let people here know in case I'm not the only one with this problem.
  6. Svenone Well-Known Member

If it is a StickyKeys issue, StickyKeys was probably started by holding down the right-Shift key too long (8 seconds is the default). If you are using that key to use VC or just leaning on that key inadvertantly, MS thinks you want to start the disability assistant called SticyKeys. This behavior can be turned off in the Ease of Access control panel area.
  7. Simparri Active Member

Nope, didn't work for me, not with Win10 anyway.
  8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

My system has the same trouble sporadically, I was camping to myself to clear it. But it seems mashing the shift key over and over again will clear it. If you do it fast enough the sticky key window appears, make sure it’s off and go back to killing.